Pond Boss
Posted By: dchance What happened to the fishing? - 05/24/17 10:50 PM
Have a 1/2 t 1 acre clap pit pond thar has a good population of sunfish established when we bought last summer. I transplanted about 50 small 10-12in largemouth some bigger. For about the first several weeks it was very easy to catch them. Now it is all I can do to even get a bite. And I am an experienced bass angler. What gives?
Posted By: Sunil Re: What happened to the fishing? - 05/25/17 02:40 AM
Do you see any fish at all?
Posted By: anthropic Re: What happened to the fishing? - 05/25/17 02:54 AM
Derek, perhaps you've caught & thus educated all the more aggressive bass, which is why bites are scarce now. Given the limited numbers involved, this is a real possibility.
Posted By: dchance Re: What happened to the fishing? - 05/26/17 01:14 AM
I am sure they are there. However did find one dead with sores.
I have tried many presentations as I am aware of educating bass. Still nothing so weird
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: What happened to the fishing? - 05/26/17 10:09 AM
I expect that they are getting hook shy.
Posted By: RC51 Re: What happened to the fishing? - 05/26/17 02:27 PM
Yeah for this very reason I don't fish for my bass too often. I would say once every couple months hard. If you really wanna see if they are still there do what DD1 told me to do once. Put a bobber on your line about 2 feet up and a nice live 2 to 3 inch sunfish. Youll find out real quick if there around still.... This almost works for me every time! If they don't bite this way then they are either just not biting at all or they are gone....

RC
Posted By: anthropic Re: What happened to the fishing? - 05/26/17 10:06 PM
Originally Posted By: RC51
Yeah for this very reason I don't fish for my bass too often. I would say once every couple months hard. If you really wanna see if they are still there do what DD1 told me to do once. Put a bobber on your line about 2 feet up and a nice live 2 to 3 inch sunfish. Youll find out real quick if there around still.... This almost works for me every time! If they don't bite this way then they are either just not biting at all or they are gone....

RC

You bring back memories of the time I went tiger musky fishing with a 12 inch bass for bait (private water). Took a while, but in the end Jaws made an appearance...
Posted By: Farm Boy Re: What happened to the fishing? - 06/10/17 08:03 PM
From my experience....I say those bass are keeping their bellies full and just not interested, but, like RC51 said...try a like sunfish
© Pond Boss Forum