Pond Boss
Posted By: outdoorlivin247 Pellet trained LMB?... - 06/18/13 08:22 PM
I will be picking up 40 5-8" LMB later this week that are supposed to be pellet trained...

When I get them home to the pond, what do I do with them?..

Just throw them in the pond and hope for the best?..

Do I want to try to introduce them to the area I feed?...

Do I want them eating pellets or targeting the BG they are supposed to be keeping in check?...

Surely the don't need to caged if there are no other predators in the pond? correct?..
Posted By: ewest Re: Pellet trained LMB?... - 06/19/13 03:25 AM
No habituation needed in your case. Let them go where you feed. You can't control all the variables. Put them in and let them rip.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Pellet trained LMB?... - 06/19/13 03:38 AM
Originally Posted By: outdoorlivin247
I will be picking up 40 5-8" LMB later this week that are supposed to be pellet trained...

When I get them home to the pond, what do I do with them?..

Just throw them in the pond and hope for the best?..

Do I want to try to introduce them to the area I feed?...

Do I want them eating pellets or targeting the BG they are supposed to be keeping in check?...

Surely the don't need to caged if there are no other predators in the pond? correct?..

I'd like to add they will target bluegills even if you feed them regularly. Feed the same place every day and the will be waitung for you.
Posted By: Bossone Re: Pellet trained LMB?... - 07/28/13 04:06 PM
My LMB follow me around the pond and occasionally going after minnows along the shore. If I turn around, they do the same.
Posted By: Allmadness Re: Pellet trained LMB?... - 07/28/13 04:36 PM
My feed trained LMB found the feeding station 2ac away. Didn't think about that before we let them go, thankfully they found the food smile
© Pond Boss Forum