Pond Boss
Posted By: Sucheslife Spill way design - 07/28/19 02:17 AM
Have a .25ac year around stream fed pond with 30 year old dam that needs work, which I just purchased. Having to replace overflow system due to rusting out. Was wondering if it's possible to make a primary and secondary spillway/overflow together. My branch is right in the bottom middle of dam and would make a nice waterfall feature if I could make it work. I have plenty of rocks available to prevent erosion. I'm still going to put a bottom 10" drainpipe through bottom of dam for future repairs. Ie. silt, etc. Dam is about 15' tall, with 8'wide ridge and 100' long.
A 8" conventional drain system has worked until rusted out, along with a spillway on one end of dam. I'm working on getting some data on watershed to help size determination. I also purchased books suggested by Bob and have read them especially on repairs, etc. Lots of great information, but didn't see/find information on my question, even in forum.
I'm wondering if anyone has some pictures or plans I could use for some ideas and even if its a good idea? I only see information on separate spillways and siphon systems.
Thanks, excited to find a group of similar interested folks.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Spill way design - 07/29/19 10:11 AM
Putting in a bottom drain scares me. Have you considered a siphon system?
© Pond Boss Forum