Pond Boss
Posted By: dziuk contractor to build a pond in SE Texas - 12/22/17 12:21 PM
I am looking for a good contractor to build a pond in Wilson County. If you have had good experience with someone can you pass the name and number along to me?
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: contractor to build a pond in SE Texas - 12/22/17 02:44 PM
dzluk, I don't have a name for a local contractor, but here are 2 options. Call the Pond Boss office at (800) 687-6075, and get with Mike Otto. He may bid the job, or have a suggestion for a local contractor. Also, go door knocking at properties that have newer ponds. Local pond owners may be able to provide info about their cost to build, and contractor recommendations. That's what we did, and we got a great contractor that we're still using 17 years later.
Agree with Al. Wish I had done those things.
Posted By: KapHn8d Re: contractor to build a pond in SE Texas - 12/23/17 05:13 PM
Also, before you go spending a bunch of money on the project, dig some sample holes and see what sort of dirt you are working with... that is going to have a big influence in how much the pond will cost you.

I would highly recommend reading Mike Otto's book, "Just Add Water". It helped me tremendously.

/c

Posted By: dale k Re: contractor to build a pond in SE Texas - 12/24/17 12:04 AM
Get Mike Otto and be done with it. If you think a professional is expensive try hiring an amateur .
© Pond Boss Forum