Pond Boss
Posted By: urbanGobig New Pond dam has some cracks - 10/03/17 01:42 AM
My new Pond dam has some cracks forming along the top ridge that I am concerned about. I was finally able to coral the builder and he's planning on looking at it tomorrow. I've also had, what appears to be a leak along the bottom but my builder seems to think it may be a natural spring but I am skeptical.
I have no experience with any of this but I did notice on a Youtube channel, LetsDig was repairing a leak on a dam that had a crack....and it looked pretty much like the ones I've got,
If anyone has any experience, please share if you can.
Thanks

Attached picture POND  CRACK DAM.jpg
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: New Pond dam has some cracks - 10/03/17 01:49 AM
I had the same thing happen on my dam and pond builder said it was normal. Settling and drying. After 4 years we good and no water leaks
Posted By: John Fitzgerald Re: New Pond dam has some cracks - 10/03/17 02:10 AM
It's been very dry here and both my ponds have cracks in the clay on top of the banks. I think it's normal in drought to get big cracks in clay. They will close when it rains enough to wet the clay again.
Posted By: TGW1 Re: New Pond dam has some cracks - 10/03/17 12:09 PM
I also noticed some cracks in the soils around the area of the pond. Its been a dry summer and fall for me. I can't remember the last measurable rain we had. Hoping for some rain today and tomorrow. 80% chance, fingers crossed.
Posted By: urbanGobig Re: New Pond dam has some cracks - 10/03/17 03:22 PM
Great, thanks for the info.
Posted By: BrianL Re: New Pond dam has some cracks - 10/03/17 05:49 PM
Same here. Mine get them as well. Getting good grass coverage will help, but still not much to be worried about.
© Pond Boss Forum