Pond Boss
Posted By: Brad346 First spring fishing, western CO. - 04/30/19 03:09 AM
We fished my pond for the first time since ice out last week. The bass were hungry. Hitting everything other than top water. I took a few weights and lengths. The males were below 90% RW and the females were around 110%. An improvement from last winter. A friend and his son helped try it out.

This is one Colten caught on his own.

I failed to take any pictures, but the young couple that came with my buddy did.
Her personal best LMB.

I think I’m doing ok for western Colorado.
Posted By: Flame Re: First spring fishing, western CO. - 04/30/19 11:46 AM
I would say you are doing just fine Brad!! Nice fish!!
Posted By: Sunil Re: First spring fishing, western CO. - 04/30/19 02:44 PM
WOW!!! Impressive!!
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: First spring fishing, western CO. - 04/30/19 02:57 PM
That young Colten is an impressive little angler; most kids that size would not hold a dandy largemouth in such a good professional manner. Someone is raising that kid the best way!
You are doing better than okay for raising LMB in Colorado - a better description is pretty great and something to be proud of. That is obviously not his first go-around at fishing. Thanks for sharing those great pictures. I am sending that pic of Colten to Lusk to hopefully put on a PBoss cover.
Posted By: Brad346 Re: First spring fishing, western CO. - 05/01/19 01:27 AM
Originally Posted By: Bill Cody
That young Colten is an impressive little angler; most kids that size would not hold a dandy largemouth in such a good professional manner. Someone is raising that kid the best way!
You are doing better than okay for raising LMB in Colorado - a better description is pretty great and something to be proud of. That is obviously not his first go-around at fishing. Thanks for sharing those great pictures. I am sending that pic of Colten to Lusk to hopefully put on a PBoss cover.

Thanks Bill! That pic was the main reason I posted.
I subscribe, but I’ll need a few extra coppies if it ever makes the.cover!
Posted By: Bill D. Re: First spring fishing, western CO. - 05/01/19 02:48 AM
Originally Posted By: Bill Cody
... I am sending that pic of Colten to Lusk to hopefully put on a PBoss cover.

I agree 1000% Bill.
Posted By: Brad346 Re: First spring fishing, western CO. - 05/01/19 03:12 AM
I was advised the correct spelling is, “Colton”.

No, this wasn’t his first bass rodeo, but he wears his fish loving father out wanting to go.
Posted By: Snipe Re: First spring fishing, western CO. - 05/01/19 05:01 AM
Just realized this but that fish Colton is holding appears to be exceptionally parasite free. That's good to see and congrats to Colton!!!
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: First spring fishing, western CO. - 05/01/19 05:17 AM
Impressive body condition, probably the best LMB I've ever seen from CO [not that I've seen that many...but still, well done!].
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: First spring fishing, western CO. - 05/01/19 09:41 AM
Well done!!
Posted By: wbuffetjr Re: First spring fishing, western CO. - 05/01/19 10:58 AM
They look fantastic!
© Pond Boss Forum