Pond Boss
Posted By: RC51 Wow another record fish! 2 weekends in a row! - 04/15/19 02:33 PM
Check this monster out my mom caught. It was cold and rainy out and the bluegill were biting!! 2.3 pounds!! I cant believe it! Caught him on a baby bass rapala just twitching it on the surface and BOOM he hammered it!

Attached picture Big Blue 2.3 lbs.jpg
Beautiful fish! Congratulations!!!
Excellent bluegill - be proud to what you are doing in that pond. It is great that your mom caught it to see your good efforts for raising fish.
Originally Posted By: Bill Cody
Excellent bluegill - be proud to what you are doing in that pond. It is great that you mom caught it to see your good efforts for raising fish.

Thanks Bill I agree I love seeing her catching the big ones. I have plenty of time left to catch them. She enjoys it so much and being there with her makes it all that much more special!!
Oh I forgot to put in the first post it was right at 11.75 inches.
Outstanding work R C.
Outstanding! Mommas are special and you're a good Son for taking her fishing.
Thanks everyone I cant believe I have over 2 pound bluegill.. I would have never thought it possible. And of course none of it would have been without all the good folks out here guiding me along the way with all the GREAT information out here on pondboss! I know for a fact this was a team effort and not just a me effort!! Thanks everyone for sharing all your knowledge and power with me that has allowed me to get this far in pond management!! smile
RC..you're my role model! Fantastic records this year.
Congrats RC, he's a brute. April will be a month to remember for you.
Very nice!!!
RC, what are you feeding those brutes?
A great fish RC. Congratulations!
Well Done!!
Holy smokes - very very nice. Great to see your Mother enjoying your pond and its fruits.
I've never seen a 2 lb BG. You may gave a State record.
I have learned that ponds make great memories. I bet she never forgets about the great day of fishing and spending that time with you.
Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson1
I've never seen a 2 lb BG. You may gave a State record.

Hey Dave our state record for BG is 3.4 pounds. Im getting close!! lol

RC
Originally Posted By: anthropic
RC, what are you feeding those brutes?

Hey Anthropic I feed them only about 6 to 8 bags of AM 600 each year other than that they are living off the pond and its natural wildlife!! Which I do have a lot of by the way!!
Originally Posted By: Quarter Acre
RC..you're my role model! Fantastic records this year.

QA I am not sure I am worthy to be anyone's pond mentor / role model. lol. But thank you for the kind words!! The one thing I tell everyone is you got to be patient. None of this happens over a year or two. It has taking me sense 2010 to get this pond where it is but it's been big time worth it!!
Hard work paying off again! Gotta love it!
WHAT
A
BEAST!

Congrats!
that is a heavy weight bluegill....and absolutely great looking to boot! congrats, you're growing some high quality fish out of that pond
© Pond Boss Forum