Pond Boss
Posted By: catmandoo Catfish Belly Marinated Frog Legs - 10/23/18 02:18 AM
Not for Sunil's eyes!

I caught about an 18-inch channel cat this evening. It looked like it had swallowed a tennis ball. This is what I found inside when I fileted it.

Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Catfish Belly Marinated Frog Legs - 10/23/18 10:21 AM
Never seen that. Neat pic.
Posted By: Quarter Acre Re: Catfish Belly Marinated Frog Legs - 10/23/18 12:51 PM
I've noticed the frogs at my place laying really still on the bottom in the shallows. I bet that channel was taking advantage of the cooling metabolisms.
Posted By: Bocomo Re: Catfish Belly Marinated Frog Legs - 10/23/18 03:13 PM
So...how did you fix them? Cornmeal and deep fry next to the filets?? laugh sick
Posted By: snrub Re: Catfish Belly Marinated Frog Legs - 10/23/18 03:21 PM
I suspect my SMB in my RES/SMB pond chowed down on frogs earlier in the season. At one time I had what looked like thousands of bullfrog tadpoles. Then they turned to frogs and when I went around the pond frogs were jumping in in droves. Then they thinned. Now I only see a few.

I suspect they were just the right size for my largest SMB to chow down on.
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Catfish Belly Marinated Frog Legs - 10/23/18 11:52 PM
Originally Posted By: Bocomo
So...how did you fix them? Cornmeal and deep fry next to the filets?? laugh sick

I put them in a baggie that I set out in the sun this morning. I'm heading to Lincoln, NE late next week, and may bring them as a gift if I can get them through security. If not, I'll save them as a delicacy for Sunil and Rainman next time we get to go fishing together again! sick

I miss my crazy Pond Boss friends!
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Catfish Belly Marinated Frog Legs - 10/24/18 05:54 AM
Ken call me before you head into Lincoln, let's connect. I'll pm you.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Catfish Belly Marinated Frog Legs - 10/25/18 12:25 PM
So nasty!!!!!
© Pond Boss Forum