Pond Boss
Posted By: RC51 I finally did it!!!!!!! - 06/19/18 12:17 PM
Woohooo!!! I finally got that ever evasive 2 pound BG. I cant believe it!! Last cast on Saturday night with a fly rod caught him on a small bumble bee fly man did he hammer it!! His chest is so big it makes his belly look indented...lol What a hammer of a fish. This fish must be pushing 8 plus years old. I kept it and will be putting him on the wall as a testament as to what the average guy can do if he puts his mind to it!! I don't think he had much longer to live anyway.

Attached picture 2 pound BG.jpg
Posted By: Quarter Acre Re: I finally did it!!!!!!! - 06/19/18 12:27 PM
For crying out loud RC! That's too cool. What's next on your "to do" list?

Congrats!
Posted By: Matzilla Re: I finally did it!!!!!!! - 06/19/18 12:55 PM
What an oinker! Impressive fish!
Posted By: DrLuke Re: I finally did it!!!!!!! - 06/19/18 01:19 PM
That is fantastic! Way to go!
Posted By: RC51 Re: I finally did it!!!!!!! - 06/19/18 01:20 PM
Originally Posted By: Quarter Acre
For crying out loud RC! That's too cool. What's next on your "to do" list?

Congrats!

Ha thanks QA, I'm not sure what's next lol. I pretty much know I'm not gonna hit 10 pounds on my bass in a 1 acre pond and I am ok with that. I would how ever love to see a 10 pound HSB come out of it.. Will see. One thing that has eluded me is that dang RES. I can't seem to catch em I can't seem to grow em. I put several in there back in 2011 but you would never guess it. So I guess my next thing would be to conquer the Red Ear Sunfish dang thing has evaded me for a long time now... lol
Posted By: RC51 Re: I finally did it!!!!!!! - 06/19/18 01:22 PM
Thanks Dr. Luke and Mat... it's been a long time coming. If not for PondBoss I don't think it would have ever happened. Thanks PB and the pros out here that help us new guys all the time! It does make a big difference.

RC
Posted By: anthropic Re: I finally did it!!!!!!! - 06/19/18 01:45 PM
RC, I have yet to catch a ONE pound BG, and here you go with a TWO pounder! AWESOME! grin
Posted By: Flame Re: I finally did it!!!!!!! - 06/19/18 01:51 PM
That is just totally fantastic!! Big Congrats!! Frank...I sent you a PM.
Posted By: John Fitzgerald Re: I finally did it!!!!!!! - 06/19/18 01:55 PM
That's fantastic!! I'd be satisfied with the elusive one pound mark for this location.
Posted By: jpsdad Re: I finally did it!!!!!!! - 06/19/18 02:03 PM
THAT is an awesome fish. Congratulations.
Posted By: RC51 Re: I finally did it!!!!!!! - 06/19/18 03:03 PM
Thanks everyone! It really was the last cast of the night that's what is so ironic about it. My boy my mom and my wife were all on the dock and I said one last cast!! LOL...funny how it happens that way sometimes. His ear tab is hugh!! I wish I had something to compare it to in the pic. You can see my sons watch on his wrist and get some of a indication of just how big that ear tab was! It was dang near the size of a quarter.. I cant wait to see this one on the wall!! smile

RC
Posted By: snrub Re: I finally did it!!!!!!! - 06/19/18 03:07 PM
Congrats RC. Super fish.
Posted By: ewest Re: I finally did it!!!!!!! - 06/19/18 03:08 PM
Nice work RC !!! I bet he went 2.4 lbs in pre spawn condition.
Posted By: Flame Re: I finally did it!!!!!!! - 06/19/18 03:10 PM
RC how long is a 2 pound monster like that??!!!
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: I finally did it!!!!!!! - 06/19/18 04:06 PM
RC, that is a beast for sure. Congrats on a job well done.
Posted By: John Fitzgerald Re: I finally did it!!!!!!! - 06/19/18 04:19 PM
RC, how did you control the BG population well enough to get BG that large, and keep numbers down?
Posted By: BrianL Re: I finally did it!!!!!!! - 06/19/18 04:27 PM
Congrats RC! NIce fish!
Posted By: Bocomo Re: I finally did it!!!!!!! - 06/19/18 07:20 PM
WHOA

That is a monster, and a monster that already has lost some weight.

Which means there's a 2.5#er in there somewhere get back at it!
Posted By: wbuffetjr Re: I finally did it!!!!!!! - 06/19/18 07:43 PM
Wow! Wow!!! Congrats RC!!
Posted By: highflyer Re: I finally did it!!!!!!! - 06/19/18 10:25 PM
Very Nice!
Posted By: RC51 Re: I finally did it!!!!!!! - 06/20/18 12:14 AM
I can tell u this. I kept my bass in check for a couple of years. I had 6 inch bluegill before I had 13 inch bass. Then I hand picked my bass all to be 12 to 13 inches. So the original 75 BG I put in we're to big for my bass. I then put only 14 bass in my pond. I feed AM 600 6 months out of the year and harvest about 10 to 15 pounds of smaller bass each year. I keep some BG to eat but only in the 7 to 9 inch range the rest go back for spawning. I've done this for 8 years now and it is working for me. I only feed once a day for 2 to 3 seconds. It takes time but you can do it. Thanks everyone for the kind words. I can't wait to post pics of it when it is done!!! Forgot to say that BG is right at 12 inches.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: I finally did it!!!!!!! - 06/20/18 12:53 AM
You should be super stoked with that fish - amazing anytime but especially for the BOW size - congrats man!

PS: I am especially proud you took it on a fly rod. Made my day.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: I finally did it!!!!!!! - 06/20/18 01:17 AM
Congrats John
Posted By: RC51 Re: I finally did it!!!!!!! - 06/20/18 12:40 PM
Originally Posted By: teehjaeh57
You should be super stoked with that fish - amazing anytime but especially for the BOW size - congrats man!

PS: I am especially proud you took it on a fly rod. Made my day.

Oh yeah that fly rod was bent over man!! I swore at first I had a bass on that fly. lol Once you get it down fly rods are an amazing way to fish, and IMO easier to fool fish with. I really like the black and yellow popper's that look like a dragon fly on the water. It's almost like cheating... lol
Posted By: John Fitzgerald Re: I finally did it!!!!!!! - 06/20/18 02:31 PM
I have been using 14 and 16 foot light action graphite crappie poles basically as fly rods. I am bad with a fly rod and can get the bait out further and more accurately with the long pole and about 15 feet of line out.
Posted By: Jimmi Re: I finally did it!!!!!!! - 06/20/18 03:47 PM
12 inches?!?...I'm holding a ruler in one hand and holding my jaw closed with the other! shocked shocked shocked
© Pond Boss Forum