Pond Boss
Posted By: Tums Max the Fish Catching Dog in Action - 02/14/17 08:10 PM
Got a few pics and a short video clip of Max the fish catching Winnie Dog in action. This happens while catfish are feeding near edge. He caught 4 and had a C&R in the video. In one pick you can see he ran off with the last 1 for some Catfish Sushi.

Attached picture MaxFishing1.jpg
Attached picture MaxFishing2.jpg
Attached picture MxFishing3.jpg
Posted By: Quarter Acre Re: Max the Fish Catching Dog in Action - 02/14/17 09:46 PM
He's a "Catfish Hound Dog". Why doesn't that sound right? Very Cool!

If you could teach him to focus on bullheads and green sunfish, you could hire him out.
Posted By: Tums Re: Max the Fish Catching Dog in Action - 02/14/17 09:55 PM
Originally Posted By: Quarter Acre
He's a "Catfish Hound Dog". Why doesn't that sound right? Very Cool!

If you could teach him to focus on bullheads and green sunfish, you could hire him out.

LOL, he might. I have witnessed him Catching LMB, BG & CNBG.

Attached picture MaxCatchnBass.jpg
Posted By: tabeeR Re: Max the Fish Catching Dog in Action - 02/03/21 04:41 PM
It is so funny and cute.
Posted By: RAH Re: Max the Fish Catching Dog in Action - 02/03/21 05:16 PM
A few years back, we had a neighbor share some of the culls he caught from our pond with one of our cats. Unfortunately, the cat thought that meant he should try and grab fish as we caught them. He tried this on me and I nudged him off the floating dock into the pond. He swam to shore, and to show his displeasure, he promptly defecated right in the middle of our foot path while staring right at me. He never tried to steal away my fish again. Cats are smart, but they only obey when they know the consequences of not obeying are certain. The same cat once jumped over my wife's shoulder while she was eating on our porch, and snatched the meat right out of the sandwich and ran off with it. He also once tried hopping up on a grill to steal food. Only tried that once. BTW - We feed our cats cat food, so they are not starving.
Posted By: Augie Re: Max the Fish Catching Dog in Action - 02/04/21 04:28 PM
I have an old tom cat that acts like that. I have to lock him up when I'm cleaning fish if I want to have any fish left when the cleaning is done.
He will reach in the bucket and steal a whole fish, but he prefers to steal fillets when he can get away with it.
Posted By: Brilan Re: Max the Fish Catching Dog in Action - 03/13/21 03:22 PM
I also adore dogs in general and I have a dog at home for three years, without which I can not imagine my life. I got throw so much with him that a beautiful connection has been formed that can not be repeated or created with anyone else in the world. At first, I was thinking a lot about what name to give him and I was lucky to find this site about gray dog names which saved me enormously. I searched for a few days to find a name that would be perfectly associated with him and in the end, I'm glad I chose the name Sky. It characterizes him enormously.
© Pond Boss Forum