Pond Boss
Posted By: sprkplug HBG from fish truck. - 05/13/14 01:12 AM
One of last year's stockers. Purchased 75 HBG off fish truck in late March, at 3-4" in length. Caged and fed AQ500 for 3 months, released into pond at the end of June. At the time of release 10 random fish were measured to try and establish a crude average, which came out to 5.75"

Caught one tonight, he was 8" in length, and went 11 ozs on the scale. I have no way of telling where this fish fit into the size hierarchy when released, but I'm pleased with his performance up to this point.

Posted By: Bill Cody Re: HBG from fish truck. - 05/13/14 01:36 AM
Very nice looking HBG. Congrats on growing nice HBG. Read your article in Pond Boss magazine today about growing HBG. Nice job and article was informative. I will cite the article in the HBG Arcive thread so members can get the back issue if they do not subscribe to PBoss magazine. .
Posted By: jignpig Re: HBG from fish truck. - 05/13/14 01:56 AM
that one's got 2 pounder written all over it.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: HBG from fish truck. - 05/13/14 02:24 AM
Yeah Tony - I wanted to thank you for penning such a great piece in the magazine. I found it informative without being authoritative, enjoyable and enlightening. You must have some latent English major genes...I was impressed! Well done and thanks T - solid science you're imparting to our little universe.

Excelsior!
© Pond Boss Forum