Pond Boss
Posted By: sprkplug Pre ice fishing. - 12/03/13 03:51 PM
Caught a few this morning casting from shore, using ice jigs tipped with spikes. This one fell for a Genz Fatboy with maggot dressing.....

Posted By: RC51 Re: Pre ice fishing. - 12/03/13 07:30 PM
Nice Fish Spark! That looks every bit of 10 inches hey or close to it! Either way nice!

Hey I can't help but notice do you have all those leaves falling in your pond every year?? Do you try and rake them out or anything?

RC
Posted By: sprkplug Re: Pre ice fishing. - 12/03/13 08:00 PM
Every year RC! And no, I don't try and remove them. The thought of going around to five ponds and raking out leaves makes me want to curl up in a corner and whimper.

After 40 years I'm sure they've impacted the ponds, but to what extent I can't say. I do know however, that over the last decade where I have been monitoring water depths there has been no appreciable change. So I've decided not to worry about them.

When I think about it, all of my ponds are actually dammed up wooded ravines...they get anything and everything that washes down in, in addition to the falling leaves. After that much time, I would've thought any negative consequences would've showed up. But thus far, the only fish kill that has ever occurred happened this fall, to the HSB. And while I feel they perished, I actually don't know that....none ever came up. I'll know next year.
Posted By: Lovnlivin Re: Pre ice fishing. - 12/03/13 08:45 PM
Very nice Sprk!

Posts & pictures like this can sure make a guy's day (stuck in the office) so much better.

Thanks for sharing!

PS - I can only hope someday for clean, clear water and big healthy fish. How fun!
Posted By: Hollywood Re: Pre ice fishing. - 12/12/13 01:41 PM
That is one sweet looking 'gill!
© Pond Boss Forum