Pond Boss
Posted By: Tums Monster Alabama River Crappie Bite - 03/27/13 03:25 PM
I have some friends that took a handicap gentleman fishing this morning on the Alabama River. In the attached picture is the first crappie of the day the man caught. My understanding is they caught several this size in 20' of water fishing about 8' deep.

Attached picture 1398.jpg
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Monster Alabama River Crappie Bite - 03/27/13 03:37 PM
15 inches?
Posted By: rmedgar Re: Monster Alabama River Crappie Bite - 03/27/13 03:55 PM
Nice friends you got, Tums. Great fish - win, win!!
Posted By: Zep Re: Monster Alabama River Crappie Bite - 03/27/13 04:16 PM
Nice!

Posted By: Tums Re: Monster Alabama River Crappie Bite - 03/27/13 04:45 PM
Cecil my understanding is that fish is big enough to get the man an Alabama Master Angler certificate, which means that is between 15" to 17" and between 2.5 to 3.5 Lbs. If I understood the phone call correct the anglers caught 16 fish that fell into that range this morning.

Thanks RMedgar (btw the are fishing near the dam between Selma and Montgomery if you know anyone over that way that fishes.) I have several friends that do fishing & hunting trips for handicap people. This particular guy lost a leg and most of the use of his other leg. He was hit head on while cruising on his motorcycle by a female illegal immigrant that was driving while intoxicated without any license.

The biggest lump I ever had in my throat was a few years back when a volunteer had held a gun for a blind kid to shoot his first deer. The Kid was so excited telling everyone about killing the deer in the green field. You could have heard a pin drop when the kid stopped rubbing the deer (his way to see) and asked what a green field looks like.
© Pond Boss Forum