Pond Boss
Posted By: beefys She LEAKS! - 11/28/18 04:47 PM
I renovated an old cow pond (cleaned out the muck and dead trees) The dirt guy said there was plenty of clay in the soil and shouldn't leak. It used to hold water before I renovated and I think they dug too far and hit the water table. How would I know for sure and now what? The pond is a little over an acre and between 20 and 25 feet deep. It was full to the top after the spring rains now it is 25% full. There is no water behind or around the dam. I expect the answer is to pump out the remaining water and bring in more clay. I was hoping for a less expensive option. The pond is in Northwest Arkansas.Thanks gurus.
Posted By: RAH Re: She LEAKS! - 11/28/18 07:21 PM
Need to find the link and seal it. That most likely involves removing water. You may have enough clay nearby to seal it up if most of the bottom is clay. Be sure to compact the clay in lifts.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: She LEAKS! - 11/29/18 12:08 AM
Hello Beefys:

Sorry to hear about your leaking issue - many of us share the pain of that situation. I'd get a quote for clay compaction and consider the effort draining and drying the pond then contact me for a chat - a polymer treatment could cost a fraction and wouldn't require any of the draining effort. It's worth a chat, happy to help any way I can.

TJ

tj@hudlandmgmt.com
Posted By: canyoncreek Re: She LEAKS! - 11/29/18 05:52 PM
beefys, TJ has helped north of 100 leaky pond situations using his expertise with a polymer sealant product and has a batting average success rate that is near .900 Give him an email!
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: She LEAKS! - 11/30/18 11:56 PM
Jeff we're still hovering around that 85-90% success rate of resolving leaks by 50% or better. I appreciate your feedback and support.

John apparently your half unit application simply wasn't enough to handle the issue - and multiple treatments are sometimes necessary. Considering your limited experience with the product I'm surprised you feel compelled to share your story every time a polymer post shows up. I'm sure the paid advertisers who make this forum possible and remain a FREE resource appreciate it deeply.
Posted By: John Fitzgerald Re: She LEAKS! - 11/30/18 11:59 PM
I'm done here.
© Pond Boss Forum