Pond Boss
Posted By: brad b putting a liner in my 2 acre pond - 12/11/17 04:34 PM
So I've decided to put a liner in my pond after other unsuccessful attempts to fix my leaking pond. A couple of questions to address and I wanted to see if anyone has any experience or ideas. First off there can be a massive amount of water that comes down the wet weather creek feeding the pond. I know the pond liner will have a core trench and the liner will be tucked in there. Would a layer on concrete be a good idea over the liner so as water would not peel it back? Or would just very large limestone rocks be sufficient? The next question is how to deal with possible water pressure from below the liner? It will be covered with dirt. But I worry that once the wet weather creek stops running above ground that it will continue to run below the ground and below the liner. The water has been leaking out through the porous limestone before the liner. Will 12-18 inches of dirt on top of the liner be sufficient to keep the liner from coming up? Any thoughts would be welcomed.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: putting a liner in my 2 acre pond - 12/11/17 08:28 PM
Brad, no liner experience. However, I recall Mike Otto doing a couple of pretty extensive articles about them. I believe it was last year. Call the Pond Boss office to buy old copies.
© Pond Boss Forum