Pond Boss
My dad and have recently got a 1/4 are pond with some really nice bass in it. The problem is we can't figure out what they are feeding on. I would like to know what I should stock to make a perfect LMB BG pond. Also what other fish that is fun to catch can i fit in here that won't destroy my bass while they try to spawn.
My guess is that you already have BG if your bass are doing well. You have to have something that reproduces in a big way to keep them fed.
I suggest that you do some simple small hook (#8 or 10), slim bobber and live bait fishing relatively close to shore (5-20ft). After catching 30-50 fish you should have a good idea what small fish are in the pond.
Besides the BG and LMB what else should i put in?
Nick, u said u and your dad are not sure what the bass are feeding on. Bill suggested u find out what u have before taking the next step. If u want a good fishing pond u need to know what u are starting with before making plans on what next to put into the pond. Have some fun and take a few days of some serious fishing, worms and minnows from the pond might work well for bait. Post up some pictures and measure and weigh some or all of what u catch and then u can get started on that fishing pond u want. Lots of good people here will try to help out with a plan.
Originally Posted By: TGW1
Nick, u said u and your dad are not sure what the bass are feeding on. Bill suggested u find out what u have before taking the next step. If u want a good fishing pond u need to know what u are starting with before making plans on what next to put into the pond. Have some fun and take a few days of some serious fishing, worms and minnows from the pond might work well for bait. Post up some pictures and measure and weigh some or all of what u catch and then u can get started on that fishing pond u want. Lots of good people here will try to help out with a plan.

Ive been doing this and caught small BG but not a lot of big ones. also there is a section of the pond that the bass are cruising constantly. When I went over to this side I saw a whole bunch of bugs that skim across the water. Can the bass be growing of this and the tiny BG? sorry if i sound a little anxious Ive always wanted a pond for my self.
© Pond Boss Forum