Pond Boss
Posted By: ymurf Making pond bigger - 06/23/12 01:16 AM
Bout 4 years ago I had a new 1 acre pond dug which I never could get to stop leaking. While I was getting it dug I drained a small 1/4 acre pond and had him clean it out and make it deeper. It gets allot more run off than my new one and does not leak. I am considering having my small pond redone and made to about 1 acre. Talked to a guy that says we can just make the damn bigger and longer.Dig it out without disturbing the original small pond.As it fills it will just have a small pond in the middle of the big pond.He wont do it now though cause we are in a bad drought. Does this sound feasible? Think it will be ok? Original small pond never has leaked and gets good run off.
Posted By: esshup Re: Making pond bigger - 06/23/12 07:18 PM
Why doesn't he want to do it when it's dry out? I would think working in the dry is better than when it's raining out.....
Posted By: lassig Re: Making pond bigger - 06/23/12 08:37 PM
Could it be to dry to get good compaction?
Posted By: esshup Re: Making pond bigger - 06/23/12 10:04 PM
Yes it can, but I'd rather be in the situation where I needed to add water rather than to have to dry it out.... I'm pretty sure that's one of the reasons why you see water trucks at large jobsites. The other reason would be to keep the dust down.

It can be too wet to compact too.
© Pond Boss Forum