Pond Boss
Posted By: Dwight Frakenfoot – (not for the faint of foote) - 01/12/08 07:17 PM
Fresh from the surgery dressings.

As usual, you're right Dwight. That is not for the faint of heart. Take good care of it.
Posted By: Russ Re: Frakenfoot – (not for the faint of foote) - 01/13/08 12:01 AM
Nice looking grape stomper you got there Dwight. With you being semi-mobile I'm curious to know what impact this will have on Corona inventory??
 Quote:
With you being semi-mobile I'm curious to know what impact this will have on Corona inventory??

Inventory is full. No Corona until I can walk up (no crutches) to that Beer Fridge, face it eye to eye, and say, “open up you frigid beauty” (with the sounds of Coronas rattling each other in joyous approval in the background). Whew! That was a little emotional! \:\)
Dude...that is absoulutely unbelieveable!
I was riding to the pond project this morning, and had to adjust the lumbar support on the car seat because I strained my back about a week ago. That lead to thinking about my dermatologist carving me every few months. That lead to the pain in my shoulder from the arthroscopic surgery 6 months ago. That lead to the meds to control cholesterol. That lead to brushing my hair back with my hand...the 50 or 60% of it that's still there (the hair, not the hand). This all lead to a short burst of middle aged depression.
After seeing that foote, I feel like a high school football hero.
Posted By: ewest Re: Frakenfoot – (not for the faint of foote) - 01/13/08 12:53 PM
THAT - IS - PURE - UGLY. \:o
Posted By: bobad Re: Frakenfoot – (not for the faint of foote) - 01/13/08 04:00 PM
Dwight, that main zipper is a beauty! It'll be a great conversation feature the rest of your life. Be sure to wear sandals every time you get a chance.
Brettski - The operative words in your post are:
 Quote:
I was riding to the pond project this morning,
If you reflect on those words for a few moments you may also subscribe to my credo, "Life is Good". \:\)
Bobad,

Like in, "Geez mister, what happened to your foot?"

Well, I was mowing down by the pond when a Giant Snapping Turtle grabbed me by the foot and dragged me to the bottom of the pond. My foot tasted so bad that he spit me back out on to the bank. I was bleeding a lot, but managed to walk 6 miles in the rain to the Edgerton Clinic to get my foot sewed back together.

That giant snapper still lives down there waiting........
Posted By: Sunil Re: Frakenfoot – (not for the faint of foote) - 01/14/08 01:28 AM
Dwight, don't forget that after you were dragged to the bottom of the pond, you discovered that Navy Seal Team Six was conducting operations on the bottom of Bremer Pond, therefore you had to grapple with three frogmen all the while holding your breath, and the fight lasted 43 minutes, underwater.
That photo made quite a stir at the Lusk get-together this weekend. Lots of ooh's and aah's. Congratulations. I'd be proud of a zipper like that!
Your tootsie looks like catfish bait.
No offense, Dwight, but Yeeeewwwwwww!

That looks like my sprained ankle from a year ago, if'n someone had taken a staple gun to it.
 Originally Posted By: Sunil
Dwight, don't forget that after you were dragged to the bottom of the pond, you discovered that Navy Seal Team Six was conducting operations on the bottom of Bremer Pond, therefore you had to grapple with three frogmen all the while holding your breath, and the fight lasted 43 minutes, underwater.

Was Dwight played by Val Kilmer?

Sunil - The second part of the story is a little far out there for a little kid to believe. Should work great in a bar after about 11:30 PM, though! \:D

Dave – It will look a lot better after the hair grows back and begins indicating wind velocity again.

Theo – Didn’t Val Kilmer also play Dwight as James Douglas Morrison, the famous poet?
 Originally Posted By: Dwight
Theo – Didn’t Val Kilmer also play Dwight as James Douglas Morrison, the famous poet?

Nah, it was Nick Rivers, teen heartthrob, Top Secret spy, and master angler.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Frakenfoot – (not for the faint of foote) - 01/15/08 06:12 PM
Dwight: "Gail, honey, would you mind taking a picture of my foot?"

Gail: "Sure honey. It's a good idea to document this for a personal scrapbook!"

Dwight: "Scrapbook? No. I want to post this on the internet!"

Gail: "I'm calling my attorney."
Sunil, I took the photo myself while bobbing and weaving on my walker. It took 6 tries to get one that wasn’t blurred. Gail knows me well enough to know where I was going with the Frankenfoot photo. That's why whenever I have one of my cameras in hand she makes sure she has plenty of clothes on. Just kidding!

You should see my Friends and Family Rump Shots Album.This is an album of snapshots taken at various events of people picking up stuff from the floor. Aunt Berdie has the widest yardarm in the family, about the width of a 46" HD TV. One time we had a birthday party at the Shark Tank for her. I brought the FFRSA along for critiquing by friends and family. The Album was a hit, the party was great fun, and Aunt Berdie thanked me for photographing her rump after she had just lost 50 pounds rather than before. \:D
Good story, Dwight. I'm curious; what's the significance of the TV being HD?
No significance. Maybe a Freudian slip, 5 TVs, no HD.
3 week checkup on Frankenfoot today. The Doc removed all the staples on the the two smaller incisions and every other staple on the long incision. Prognosis, excellent.

I have to go back in two weeks to remove the rest of the staples and get an x ray. If everything looks good I have one more week on crutches and can then start putting weight on the foot until I am crutch free.

Posted By: ewest Re: Frakenfoot – (not for the faint of foote) - 01/24/08 02:00 AM
Dwight you are just not quite as staple of a guy as you were yesterday . \:o
\:D
Achilles tendon repair?
There is a bit of an explanation of what was done at: Saws Knives and Needles
Nice! Looks like I wasn't too far off. Hope you got some good pain meds. Swelling gone down any yet?
Let's see an updated photo!
Here is a new Frankenfoote photo as requested. It was taken at three weeks after surgery. I have been off all pain meds for over a week and have absolutely zero pain. Gail is amazed that I don't have any pain. I told her that I have a much higher threshold of pain than women who are quite fragile and whiny by nature. We both had a good laugh over that comment. \:D

Can you find the fishing item in the photo?
Well, I don't see any treble hooks on the hard drive....
There may be a prize or at least an accolade for the finder.
Posted By: DJT Re: Frankenfoot – (not for the faint of foote) - 01/28/08 05:11 AM
Looks like a little black jig with a yellow tail tucked in between the connection inlets on the top of your computer tower.
I think DJT nailed it.
DJT, You found it! A little off on the color, but it is real small in the photo.

Welcome to the Order of Corona! Here is your trophy, display it proudly!

Posted By: DJT Re: Frankenfoot – (not for the faint of foote) - 01/29/08 04:01 AM
I think I will celebrate by emptying a few beer containers of my own! ;\)
That's my favorite lure, but slightly off on the color. \:\)
A metamorphosis begins to unfold as the Frankenfoote thread morphs into a discussion of favorite lures and Bruce's super double secret favorite color that he will not divulge on the forum.
Review
Doctor appointment Friday for X-rays and foot check up. All good, but still have to be on crutches.

I finally did break down (after 5 weeks) and had a Corona, a Pacifico, a Bloody Mary and a Red Bull with Vodka. My attitude adjustment is complete and my mind is right! \:\) \:D
What no Jose on Bremer Pond ? \:D - \:o -

Gail gets too wild on Jose shooters, so we only do those when we are in Texas or Mexico...... \:D
Today Doc gave me the go on putting weight on my foot. It is a bit disconcerting after being on crutches for so long.

The foot discussion lasted about a minute, "looks good, take it easy on it, see you in 4 weeks for a final xray."

Then he asked about the pond and we talked for 20 plus minutes about the land, the water, the fish, the barge.

I am beginning to believe that ponds are a universally interesting subject. \:\) \:\)
Do what he says "take it easy", --- and no drinking and walking - - especially on the ice it could be hazardous . \:o
Today Doc ... asked about the pond and we talked for 20 plus minutes about the land, the water, the fish, the barge.

I am beginning to believe that ponds are a universally interesting subject. \:\) \:\)

They certainly are with my M.D. - for some reason, the subject of ponds always comes up when I am in his exam room with the fishing-themed wall paper.
I get a lot of the same thing. Go to the Dr., pay upfront, get looked over, get a prescription, and then I dispense free advise about water holes.

I recently went into the local rural coffe shop. When I show up, the questions start about stocking or raising fish. A plumber had a couple of questions. This is the same guy who stuck it to me pretty badly(I think) for a water heater at my trailer house. I told him to give me a call. I would need to check my calendar and we could make an appointment.
I am at a stage in my pond life where a question from someone interested in the pond sends me into pond story mode. If they keep asking, I keep telling.

Actually, I hope I don't get over that enthusiasm!

I wonder if I could trade a day of fishing from the Barge on Bremer Pond for a six pack abs treatment?
Disappointment is setting in.....

I have been off the crutches for a week now and everything is going great except for the scar. It is beginning to look like the expected zipper and the stories it could generate are dwindling rapidly. I may have to get an image of the "shortly after surgery photo" tattooed on my leg. \:\(
You cloud always claim you came south to fish and a 20 ft gator grabbed your foot and you subdued and killed him with your bare hands. However they might ask to see the gator you got stuffed.
Whew, a 20 foot gator! Maybe I'll just tell some fish stories instead.....
Tomorrow is my (hopefully) final appointment with the Doctor. They will take an x-ray. If everything looks good I am back to wearing regular shoes on both feet rather than only one.

Think positive foot thoughts! \:\)
Hooray!
Ever since I saw this commercial on TV , I've wondered how well it would work on Frankenfoot. The removal of heavy metal could seriously alter your musical tastes.
Brettski, Being an advocate for these foot pads, did you quit washing your feet then, too?
Brettski, Being an advocate for these foot pads, did you quit washing your feet then, too?

Now you're just being silly. Who washes their feet?
Dwight,

Did you rig that jig yourself? It is rigged upside down,
tail should be down, not up.

the stick
the Stick, There is some discussion on that topic at Jig Thread
I had my final foot check up and Xray today. I photographed the Xray so I can show off my titanium screw configuration. Doc says everything healed perfectly, get out there and do your thing.

I was ready so I brought a matching shoe to wear after the appointment. Cool very cool, IMOM anyway. \:D

Final Xray

Boot Retired

Congratulations on becoming a full-fledged biped once again!

The empty Corona Extra adds a nice touch!
Forget about the Takara detox foot pad...you're gonna need to make a trip to see the Craftsman tool man. That is unbelieveable! You're gonna be settin' off metal detectors like a man of steel! Do you get any free parking passes?
Posted By: Russ Re: Frankenfoot – (not for the faint of foote) - 04/10/08 01:27 AM
Dwight,

Does the doctor realize he left his golf tee in the top of your foot?

Russ
A golf tee is cake. This guy might have some issues.
Scary video there Brettski!
Foot is perfect so far, better than it has felt in years. I did a 1/2 mile on the treadmill this morning at my normal (pre-surgery) pace. No stiffness or any issue of any kind.

I am really looking forward to walking outside during our 3 week warm period.........
Then you can try out that built-in golf tee!
Theo. I wouldn't risk it. My golf swing accuracy is too unpredictable. 19th hole accuracy is excellent, however.
© Pond Boss Forum