Pond Boss
Posted By: GW Catching a REALLY big catfish - 05/16/07 05:14 PM
Catch

Release
Posted By: heybud Re: Catching a REALLY big catfish - 05/17/07 12:04 AM
Now that is a full grown catfish. That would be some biomass in you pond.
Posted By: bobad Re: Catching a REALLY big catfish - 05/17/07 01:23 AM
Saw a guy on National Geographic catch the WR (rod and reel)blue cat. If I remember correctly, it weighed 124#. That South American cat could eat it.
Posted By: GW Re: Catching a REALLY big catfish - 05/17/07 02:01 AM
Another big\'un.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Catching a REALLY big catfish - 05/17/07 02:08 AM
To show you how much I think of catfish I just threw out a 48 pound flathead and a 10 lb. channel cat that I was going to mount for myself. I need the freezer space and they are a real pain in the butt to skin and mount. It ain't worth the trouble!
Posted By: GW Re: Catching a REALLY big catfish - 05/17/07 01:39 PM
I noticed neither person in the two videos kept their fish. I guess cats aren't the ultimate trophy fish, but they're cool because they get so big for one thing. And they have whiskers.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Catching a REALLY big catfish - 05/18/07 12:46 AM
I watch the show with the dude in the first video on Saturday mornings. I've convinced my near-3 year old daughter that she likes, no..loves the show along with all other fishing shows. Recently, I've been pretty sure she's just humoring me.

Anyway, dude does the show well, I think. He straight up tells you that you're going to get bad runs if you stay at cerain fishing resorts.
He catchs some big exotic fish, mostly South America from what I've seen. He's caught that crazy El Dorado fish a few times.
© Pond Boss Forum