Pond Boss
Posted By: Bill D. Happy Birthday Rainman! - 10/31/18 11:12 AM
HBD Rex! Hope you have a great day!
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Happy Birthday Rainman! - 10/31/18 11:48 AM
Enjoy the day Rex
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: Happy Birthday Rainman! - 10/31/18 12:58 PM
Sonny Rex - Have a great St.Louis birthday. Luv Mom.
Posted By: Quarter Acre Re: Happy Birthday Rainman! - 10/31/18 01:04 PM
Happy Halloween Birthday Day!

Attached picture BDay Fish 04.jpg
Posted By: Bobbss Re: Happy Birthday Rainman! - 10/31/18 03:19 PM
Happy Birthday Rex!
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: Happy Birthday Rainman! - 10/31/18 03:35 PM
HBD Rainman!
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: Happy Birthday Rainman! - 10/31/18 04:38 PM
Rex, I hope you're having a great one.
Posted By: ewest Re: Happy Birthday Rainman! - 10/31/18 04:46 PM
Happy Birthday Rex !

Posted By: Zep Re: Happy Birthday Rainman! - 10/31/18 06:36 PM
Have a great day Rex!

Posted By: SetterGuy Re: Happy Birthday Rainman! - 10/31/18 06:42 PM
Happy Birthday Rex! Hope you’re having a great day! Come up and catch a HSB any time you want!
Posted By: Flame Re: Happy Birthday Rainman! - 10/31/18 09:49 PM
A Halloween birthday. How cool is that!!! Hope you having a great one
Posted By: Bob-O Re: Happy Birthday Rainman! - 10/31/18 11:34 PM
Happy B-day Rainman
Posted By: snrub Re: Happy Birthday Rainman! - 11/01/18 01:00 AM
Happy birthday Rex!
Posted By: Rainman Re: Happy Birthday Rainman! - 11/01/18 03:13 PM
Thanks for all the BD wishes everyone!!! I really did enjoy my day...recently bought a home and some land with lots of "potential"! I spent the day virtually gutting everything to the bare floors and studs....now the potential will begin being realized...loving doing 95% of it myself!
Posted By: Bing Re: Happy Birthday Rainman! - 11/01/18 07:49 PM
Congratulations on your new home (and on your Birthday). Where is the new home ? Urban or rural ? Potential pond site ?

Come see us sometime.
Posted By: SetterGuy Re: Happy Birthday Rainman! - 11/01/18 10:11 PM
Yea Rex.. Tell us more. Pics? Pond site?
If you come across a two man job, give me a holler. I’m not that far away. Jay and Beth’s pond full? Hope it’s doing well.
Jeff
Posted By: Rainman Re: Happy Birthday Rainman! - 11/04/18 03:01 PM
Originally Posted By: Bing
Congratulations on your new home (and on your Birthday). Where is the new home ? Urban or rural ? Potential pond site ?

Come see us sometime.

Fred, the home is in unincorporated ST Louis County real near Page and Lindburgh. It is an "earth contact" style home with only the roof peak visible from the road. The home was built in 1983 and still had all the original flooring and wall coverings (paneling and veneer board) The kitchen and main bath were redone, but badly! LOL Bathroom doors opened into the hall and bedroom, with ceramic tile extending into the hallway also. The FIRST thing I did was install an I-beam under a 10 foot unsupported open section. I took the flooring (old linoleum, tile and glued on carpet) down to bare concrete, fully gutted both bathrooms and most walls are down to studs. I am adding some walls along concrete and some short extensions under the I-beam. I am having about half the floor Poly-jacked to fill voids under the concrete floor due to poor soil and drainage gravel compaction..It came with a nice Cal-Spa hot tub in a sunroom, brand new Kenmore Duet Steam washer and dryer, a super nice convection 6 burner oven, and my fave...a 2400 square foot separate work shop and garage insulated building, a 2010 Kawasaki Mule model 4010, a new 24" snowblower, 8hp garden tiller and a 60" cut Toro commercial ZTR with only a 29hp Kawasaki water cooled engine, bagger and only 200 hours on it.

Cathy and I both wrinkled our noses when we first looked at the place, but agreed, with some sweat (mostly mine) and a reasonable budget, it had LOADS of potential! The yard is 1.25 level acres with the rest in massive hardwood timber surrounding the property (30-40" diameter White Oaks with some walnut, hickory and maples). It was an awesome find with a rural, secluded setting in the heart of an urban area! (and cheap!!!)
© Pond Boss Forum