Pond Boss
Posted By: Bocomo New type of drone fishing? - 11/13/17 03:59 PM
I would buy a flying bird lure if I could catch GTs like this...

https://i.imgur.com/4AS76bj.gifv
Posted By: KapHn8d Re: New type of drone fishing? - 11/13/17 04:15 PM
Beastly!
Posted By: snrub Re: New type of drone fishing? - 11/14/17 02:08 AM
That is pretty awesome!

I was diving one time and a 6' tarpon was just outside me on the reef at about 60 feet deep. All of the sudden it headed straight for the surface like a missile. Broke off right before it reached the surface as it saw something floating on the surface but it was not edible. I have been diving and seen lots and lots of big tarpon over the years, but never seen one go for something on the surface like that till that dive. Have not seen it happen since.

Fish do cool stuff.
Posted By: Sunil Re: New type of drone fishing? - 11/14/17 02:37 AM
Brutality rising!!!
Posted By: esshup Re: New type of drone fishing? - 11/15/17 02:02 AM
Thats cool!!!!!!
Posted By: Fishingadventure Re: New type of drone fishing? - 10/13/23 01:16 AM
Birds name has to be "Jonah", I know the thread is 6 years old, but it's still cool 6 at years old. I've seen quite a few dragon flies nailed in flight ,I've found fledglings in Catfish stomachs , but never a seen a full grown bird nailed in flight . Thought other newbies would enjoy the video, very glad we have the library.
Posted By: Tbar Re: New type of drone fishing? - 10/13/23 11:09 PM
Wow...... cool
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: New type of drone fishing? - 10/14/23 01:32 AM
It doesn't take a giant fish to eat birds. This summer I caught a LMB 13.5" long with bird legs in its throat. I have a picture of it. It is the 2nd LMB that I've caught with bird legs in the throat. We have very aggressive LMB in Ohio.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: New type of drone fishing? - 10/14/23 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by Bill Cody
We have very aggressive LMB in Ohio.
My wife and I once watched as a LMB gulped the last duckling from a hatch (about 7-8 of its siblings had disappeared over the last few days) an then pull the mama duck halfway under water and hold her there for about 10 seconds until she managed to get free.
© Pond Boss Forum