Pond Boss
Posted By: 4CornersPuddle possible Photobucket pic retrieval - 10/08/17 04:18 AM
I just read the following on another forum. I have not tried it and cannot vouch for its truthfulness. Hope it can solve the disastrous photobucket issue.

"Apparently Google Chrome and Foxfire have found a way to access the photos that Photobucket.com does not now allow you to post to 3rd party sites anymore without paying a high price.

"In the cases where former/current PhotoBucket users haven't deleted all their albums, Chrome and Firefox now have an extension, Photobucket Embed Fix, that will display 3rd party hosted images. It will fix all your broken pics, no need for you to do anything, it runs entirely in the background.

Click Tools>Add-Ons >select Extensions > enter "photobucket embed" in the Search box (upper right corner) > then click the install button.
Posted By: Zep Re: possible Photobucket pic retrieval - 10/08/17 12:21 PM
interesting....
Posted By: RAH Re: possible Photobucket pic retrieval - 10/08/17 02:05 PM
It works in Chrome. Wonder if this will kick off a programming war? I'll keep using Imgur now that I was forced to switch and found it much better.
It worked!
It brings back old pics like those posted by George1. Maybe an admin could make a script to save them here before Photobucket makes them inaccessible again. Ewest: your photobucket pics show now too!
Posted By: ewest Re: possible Photobucket pic retrieval - 10/08/17 06:40 PM
Don't know what happened. Some old pics work some don't ?
It appears that if they are still stored on photobucket, they show now.
Posted By: Shorty Re: possible Photobucket pic retrieval - 10/08/17 08:14 PM
Originally Posted By: ewest
Don't know what happened. Some old pics work some don't ?

You might need to hit ctrl/F5 to refresh the page to get some of the images to work if the images haven't been deleted.
Posted By: ewest Re: possible Photobucket pic retrieval - 10/09/17 02:23 AM
No I have not deleted any PB pics but many don't work here with any changes others have made.
Posted By: wbuffetjr Re: possible Photobucket pic retrieval - 10/09/17 12:23 PM
Originally Posted By: RAH
I'll keep using Imgur now that I was forced to switch and found it much better.

I agree with this 100%
Posted By: NEDOC Re: possible Photobucket pic retrieval - 10/09/17 02:42 PM
Worked for me on Google Chrome.
Posted By: Lovnlivin Re: possible Photobucket pic retrieval - 10/10/17 12:17 PM
4CornersPuddle, THANK YOU for sharing the info!

Worked for me on FireFox!
© Pond Boss Forum