Pond Boss
Posted By: liquidsquid Google Maps, updated - 06/30/16 12:20 PM
Hi All,
You may want to check your Google Earth of your place. Google updated their imagery to even higher quality, and it is very recent stuff (at least for us, this past early spring!) It is roughly 4x more resolution than before, which was already impressive.

Thought you would like to know.
Posted By: esshup Re: Google Maps, updated - 06/30/16 01:15 PM
For me, last update will be 3 years ago this coming August.
Posted By: Chris Steelman Re: Google Maps, updated - 06/30/16 01:24 PM
DFW updated within the last few days. Pictures are from earlier this year. Our property has pictures from early last year.
Posted By: canyoncreek Re: Google Maps, updated - 06/30/16 04:02 PM
I'm with you esshup, wish they would update the images...
Posted By: Rainman Re: Google Maps, updated - 06/30/16 08:13 PM
I can see wire on power lines and even barbed wire on fencing with the new imagery
Posted By: ozarkfisher Re: Google Maps, updated - 06/30/16 08:24 PM
My imagery is still almost 3 years old. I keep hoping they will update it so I can see the new pond from the air.
Posted By: dlowrance Re: Google Maps, updated - 06/30/16 08:42 PM
Mine is around 16 months old it appears. I would guess they update in sections? Not sure how that works.

I sure was interested when I figured out you could time lapse the pics. It's fun looking at my place and all the changes that have happened over the years.
Posted By: Bill D. Re: Google Maps, updated - 07/01/16 12:34 AM
Our Google pic is coming 3 years old. Still shows an empty property where our house and pond are. I read somewhere they update every three years so, hopefully, we can see a satellite image of our place this year.
Posted By: Primo Re: Google Maps, updated - 07/02/16 04:57 AM
I am just an hour east of downtown dallas and Google earth and maps is still 3 years old. However, when I was at the county tax assesors office beginning the process of getting an ag exemption, they printed out a satellite image of my property for me. It was only 3 months old??? Aparrently "the man" has different access than the rest of us. And "the man" is making it as difficult as possibly for me to get said exemption.
Posted By: DonoBBD Re: Google Maps, updated - 07/02/16 02:09 PM
Originally Posted By: Primo
I am just an hour east of downtown dallas and Google earth and maps is still 3 years old. However, when I was at the county tax assesors office beginning the process of getting an ag exemption, they printed out a satellite image of my property for me. It was only 3 months old??? Aparrently "the man" has different access than the rest of us. And "the man" is making it as difficult as possibly for me to get said exemption.

Do exactly what they want, don't hide anything or lie because you think it will help. The man knows way more then we think and has access to more than they tell us.
Posted By: Bob-O Re: Google Maps, updated - 07/02/16 03:46 PM
My place has been updated twice in the last 14 months. Before that it was several yrs.
© Pond Boss Forum