Pond Boss
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 It finally happened - 08/03/15 12:45 PM
I was riding my 4 wheeler around the property when something hit me on the shoulder, cap, and other parts of my shirt and bike.

In 72 years, 8 months and 4 days, I had never been bombed by bird crap. I think it must have been a buzzard because there was quite a bit of it. It was black, nasty and runny.

What are the odds?
Posted By: djstauder Re: It finally happened - 08/03/15 12:59 PM
pictures???? hehe.
Posted By: Lovnlivin Re: It finally happened - 08/03/15 01:23 PM
It was the bird going back to his/her gang saying:

"It took 72 years, 8 months and 4 days but we finally got him!"

grin
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: It finally happened - 08/03/15 01:36 PM
Keith, I like that.

We know this happens all the time and each of us has to have been close but this time I actually got hit.
Posted By: RC51 Re: It finally happened - 08/03/15 03:43 PM
DD1 got hammered! LOL! That's nasty man! Hopefully it will be the only time! At least you had a cap on!! LOL! It could have been a eye's, nose and mouth thing.... YUCK!!!!

RC
Posted By: Sunil Re: It finally happened - 08/03/15 05:10 PM
Now for the next thing on your bucket list........................................getting crapped on by a Llama.
Posted By: Bocomo Re: It finally happened - 08/03/15 05:20 PM
The one time it happened to me I was wearing my best and only suit.

Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: It finally happened - 08/03/15 06:22 PM
Was standing in formation in the middle of a massive open field during basic when some starlings let lose on us. It had to be on purpose as there was so much open field they could have crapped on.

Not so sure after that if birds don't have the ability to do precision bombing.
Posted By: snrub Re: It finally happened - 08/03/15 08:31 PM
One very good reason to maintain mouth closed position while viewing birds overhead.
Posted By: liquidsquid Re: It finally happened - 08/03/15 08:41 PM
Cecil, I think birds are smarter than we give them credit for. They have uncanny precision bombing abilities. Just ask my buddy who's cat would get nailed sitting inside of an open window. They could launch at velocity and at angle and hit the cat no problem. The would also get the cat inside of the garage without ever entering the garage.

They hated that cat.
Posted By: snrub Re: It finally happened - 08/03/15 08:58 PM
Originally Posted By: liquidsquid

They hated that cat.

Maybe for good reason. We had a cat once that would hunt birds 25' up in trees, catch them mid air, hold them all the way to the ground and bounce while still keeping hold of the bird. A skillful hunting cat can be a bird catching machine.
Posted By: JKB Re: It finally happened - 08/03/15 11:42 PM
Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson1
I was riding my 4 wheeler around the property when something hit me on the shoulder, cap, and other parts of my shirt and bike.

In 72 years, 8 months and 4 days, I had never been bombed by bird crap. I think it must have been a buzzard because there was quite a bit of it. It was black, nasty and runny.

What are the odds?

In preparing the guy's for the charter. I told them that a hat was kinda essential, and if Seagulls were buzzing the boat, don't look up!

I've seen people get it in the face, and no matter how funny you think it is at the time, it's not funny to the one on the receiving end... it really is not!!
Posted By: JKB Re: It finally happened - 08/04/15 12:14 AM
Originally Posted By: Sunil
Now for the next thing on your bucket list........................................getting crapped on by a Llama.

Don't they just spit all over you?
Posted By: JKB Re: It finally happened - 08/04/15 12:19 AM
Originally Posted By: Lovnlivin
It was the bird going back to his/her gang saying:

"It took 72 years, 8 months and 4 days but we finally got him!"

grin

Classic grin
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: It finally happened - 08/04/15 02:53 AM
Originally Posted By: liquidsquid
Cecil, I think birds are smarter than we give them credit for. They have uncanny precision bombing abilities. Just ask my buddy who's cat would get nailed sitting inside of an open window. They could launch at velocity and at angle and hit the cat no problem. The would also get the cat inside of the garage without ever entering the garage.

They hated that cat.

Case closed then! grin
Posted By: ewest Re: It finally happened - 08/04/15 05:36 PM
One problem is buzzards , when scared , can let loose from both ends - now that is real nasty !!!
Posted By: Bob-O Re: It finally happened - 08/05/15 02:10 AM
OK Ewest, now I know why my garndbrats call me an ol buzzard.
Posted By: catmandoo Re: It finally happened - 08/05/15 02:20 AM
Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson1

What are the odds?

After reading your post, I'm sure glad I opted for a UTV with a roof and windshield! sick

A buzzard's output! That is worse than disgusting!
© Pond Boss Forum