Pond Boss
Posted By: Zep Sweltering! - 07/30/15 08:33 PM
Oh boy it is such a lovely day in Dallas today!

Posted By: ColoradoCowboy Re: Sweltering! - 07/30/15 10:22 PM
whew thats a little warm. We are only at 83 today which is nice because its been in the mid 90's
Posted By: Zep Re: Sweltering! - 07/30/15 10:33 PM
Originally Posted By: ColoradoCowboy
whew thats a little warm. We are only at 83 today

That's why I am coming to see you next month!
Posted By: JKB Re: Sweltering! - 07/30/15 11:27 PM
Originally Posted By: Zep
Oh boy it is such a lovely day in Dallas today!

We were 102°F (static air temp) the other day where Fatih and the boys launched on the Muskegon River for some Trout fishing. Heat index was 117°F eek

Feels like 117°F eek eek

A/C works tho cool
Posted By: Zep Re: Sweltering! - 07/30/15 11:57 PM
Originally Posted By: JKB
We were 102°F (static air temp) the other day....Feels like 117°F

JKB that makes me fell slightly better...we don't get both horrors!
Posted By: ColoradoCowboy Re: Sweltering! - 07/31/15 12:01 AM
Come on up probably back in the 90's next week
Posted By: Zep Re: Sweltering! - 07/31/15 12:47 AM
Originally Posted By: ColoradoCowboy
Come on up probably back in the 90's next week

I hope to be doing this again on August 23!

(ps: it wont be in the 90's where I'm going)

Posted By: Tbar Re: Sweltering! - 07/31/15 01:23 AM
A little warm.....

Went to a funeral yesterday out in Abilene. Graveside standing in my coat and tie I had sweat rolling down my head and back. Sunday will be an outside wedding in Austin.....in my coat and tie. Arrrrgggg.
Posted By: ColoradoCowboy Re: Sweltering! - 07/31/15 02:06 AM
The mountains will be nice I only get up there once a year for elk hunting
Posted By: Zep Re: Sweltering! - 07/31/15 03:35 AM
Originally Posted By: Tbar
A little warm.....Went to a funeral yesterday out in Abilene. Graveside standing in my coat and tie I had sweat rolling down my head and back. Sunday will be an outside wedding in Austin.....in my coat and tie. Arrrrgggg.

Tbar outside funerals/weddings should be illegal in July/August in Texas!
Posted By: Bob-O Re: Sweltering! - 07/31/15 04:16 AM
Heat index is like wind chill, just one more reason ta whine.
How many of ya can remember havin school called cause of too much snow? IIRC that was reason enough ta get bundled up and go spend all day floppin around in the snow completely wet after the first 20 mins. Of course that was when we had ta walk 1&1/2 miles to school, not to where the heated bus picked us up.
Guess I shouldn't criticize cause when it gets below 40 I pack up two pair of socks and a set of undies and run ta Florida. Life is good!!
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Sweltering! - 07/31/15 09:14 AM
104 here yesterday and humid. I'm heading out in about an hour for a cooler climate. It's only supposed to be 92 today at Bowie with a 50% chance of light rain.

I still expect that by about 2:00 it will be nap time due to humidity and the heat index.

Hoping to get some AMAX 500. If I can't get it, I'll probably go to TSC and see if the fish will eat their stuff.
Posted By: RC51 Re: Sweltering! - 07/31/15 12:18 PM
Yeah stupid hot here too. And the humidity here is unreal. Fall and Spring here are not to bad but the July, August, and Sept is rough.

Coming from North Wisconsin my first summer here I almost died..... I couldn't believe how hot and humid it was... I do not miss the hard winters up North though.

RC
Posted By: liquidsquid Re: Sweltering! - 08/02/15 11:27 AM
It has only been above 90 twice this summer. We have all the windows open from June until sepember. Last night it was 50 and great sleeping with a light breeze.

Im sure we will pay for it with cold crap.
Posted By: snrub Re: Sweltering! - 08/02/15 02:16 PM
Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson1
104 here yesterday and humid. I'm heading out in about an hour for a cooler climate. It's only supposed to be 92 today at Bowie with a 50% chance of light rain.

I still expect that by about 2:00 it will be nap time due to humidity and the heat index.

Hoping to get some AMAX 500. If I can't get it, I'll probably go to TSC and see if the fish will eat their stuff.

I let my AM500 get too low before ordering more so went to TSC yesterday and got some of their Sportfish Chow by Cargill to mix in with what AM500 I have left. It is at least 36% protein compared to everything else available locally which is the 32% catfish food.
Posted By: JKB Re: Sweltering! - 08/04/15 01:31 AM
Originally Posted By: Zep
Originally Posted By: JKB
We were 102°F (static air temp) the other day....Feels like 117°F

JKB that makes me fell slightly better...we don't get both horrors!

It was really cool with the wind sitting about 2 stories up programming and testing a roller coaster last week.

Posted By: Tbar Re: Sweltering! - 08/04/15 02:29 AM
We had a great fall/winter/spring down here. Now its time to pay the piper.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/dallas-tx/75202/august-weather/351194
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Sweltering! - 08/10/15 02:56 PM
This is the 33rd day without rain. But, we knew this was coming. Even more grim is the future chance of rain. Tomorrow is 10% somewhere.
© Pond Boss Forum