Pond Boss
Posted By: Sunil Theo Gallus is.....what?...Where?..... - 04/21/15 12:32 PM
Ah yes.....49 is such an innocent age!! HBD, Mabro!!!
Posted By: Shorty Re: Theo Gallus is.....what?...Where?..... - 04/21/15 12:36 PM
Happy B-Day Theo!
Originally Posted By: Sunil

49 for the 8th year in a row.
Posted By: Bing Re: Theo Gallus is.....what?...Where?..... - 04/21/15 01:34 PM
Happy Birthday Theo. Please join us more often.
Posted By: Dwight Re: Theo Gallus is.....what?...Where?..... - 04/21/15 01:36 PM
HBD!! What have you been up to?
Posted By: sprkplug Re: Theo Gallus is.....what?...Where?..... - 04/21/15 02:40 PM
Theo! Happy Birthday...wish I had gotten to know you, always enjoy going back and reading your posts!
Posted By: rmedgar Re: Theo Gallus is.....what?...Where?..... - 04/21/15 03:53 PM
Happy Birthday Theo. We miss you...
Posted By: Sunil Re: Theo Gallus is.....what?...Where?..... - 04/21/15 03:58 PM
Who can find an old thread called "King Ding-A-Ling?"

I'm not sure what category it was originally posted in, but there's an important picture in there.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Theo Gallus is.....what?...Where?..... - 04/21/15 04:02 PM
Here's the thread, but the picture is gone!!!

http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=74748&page=1
Posted By: ewest Re: Theo Gallus is.....what?...Where?..... - 04/21/15 04:15 PM
Happy Birthday T. Miss your insights. Enjoy your day !

HBD Theo
Posted By: Bob-O Re: Theo Gallus is.....what?...Where?..... - 04/21/15 04:58 PM
Have a great day youngen !!
Originally Posted By: Dwight
HBD!! What have you been up to?

Enjoying an empty nest, contemplating retirement in a few years, and looking at getting more land/ponds. Most recently, getting sunburnt.
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: Theo Gallus is.....what?...Where?..... - 04/21/15 06:09 PM
Happy Birthday will be great today because, Bruce and I will be over there to give you another memorable ride on the 'Shuttle'.

Proper structure placement:
Originally Posted By: Bill Cody
Happy Birthday will be great today because, Bruce and I will be over there to give you another memorable ride on the 'Shuttle'.

You got it fixed?

"There goes $10 million."
Posted By: Sunil Re: Theo Gallus is.....what?...Where?..... - 04/21/15 07:29 PM
Thanks for the picture!!

I reposted it in the original King Ding-A-Ling thread....
Happy B'Day Steve.
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: Theo Gallus is.....what?...Where?..... - 04/21/15 08:17 PM
That picture of Theo in the water was actually taken as survivors were exiting the crashed LL2 shuttle and some were even retrieving recycled shuttle debris to use for pond fish structure.
Posted By: ewest Re: Theo Gallus is.....what?...Where?..... - 04/21/15 08:39 PM
I have the pic if needed as I used it in my PB conf. structure presentation.
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Theo Gallus is.....what?...Where?..... - 04/21/15 09:16 PM
Happy birthday dude. We miss you.
Posted By: JKB Re: Theo Gallus is.....what?...Where?..... - 04/21/15 11:20 PM
Happy Birthday Theo!

The day the Challenger went down back in 86, well, it was pretty quiet at work.
Posted By: Yolk Sac Re: Theo Gallus is.....what?...Where?..... - 04/22/15 03:45 AM
Happy Birthday, Theo.
Now that the nest is empty, please come back to play with us, we miss you.
I'd love to hear about your cows. Our nest empties this year, and so far my wife seems intent on filling it with Red Poll cattle.
Posted By: Rainman Re: Theo Gallus is.....what?...Where?..... - 04/22/15 06:31 AM
Happy Birthday Mr Theopolis Steve!! BTW, I still wear the hat you gave me and think of your posts here, often...
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: Theo Gallus is.....what?...Where?..... - 04/22/15 11:03 AM
Originally Posted By: Yolk Sac
...Our nest empties this year, and so far my wife seems intent on filling it with Red Poll cattle.

I always learn something here at PB.

Yolk, we've been looking at Lowline Angus, and Dexters for future cattle candidates. After reading up on Red Polls, I might have to add them to the mix. High marbling, and choice beef on grass only? That's an attractive mix for sure.
Posted By: george1 Re: Theo Gallus is.....what?...Where?..... - 04/22/15 12:40 PM
Originally Posted By: Theo Gallus

49 for the 8th year in a row.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY my friend - and many more!
The "newer" PB members just don't know what they have missed by your absense!
Posted By: Yolk Sac Re: Theo Gallus is.....what?...Where?..... - 04/22/15 12:40 PM
Great cattle, Al-they develop and finish well on grass, are medium sized, even tempered, and easy to handle, calve easily, and there is an excellent market for both meat and animals as the whole "grass fed" movement gains more and more momentum. We get calls almost weekly from people looking for animals to buy, and have never advertised. As you've probably found on the internet, there is an active breed association as well.
Posted By: therapist Re: Theo Gallus is.....what?...Where?..... - 05/05/15 01:57 AM
Originally Posted By: FireIsHot
Originally Posted By: Yolk Sac
...Our nest empties this year, and so far my wife seems intent on filling it with Red Poll cattle.

I always learn something here at PB.

Yolk, we've been looking at Lowline Angus, and Dexters for future cattle candidates. After reading up on Red Polls, I might have to add them to the mix. High marbling, and choice beef on grass only? That's an attractive mix for sure.

FINALLY! Something that I am expertly qualified to comment on! LOL

What are your goals for the cattle?

Are you looking for just meat for yourself? Do you want to sell them in a cow calf operation? Do you want to sell them as finished animals, or sell grass finished beef? If you tell me more about what you want to do and how much land you have to work with I will give you my expert opinion.

I have 157 acre working beef cattle operation, which isn't big by any means, but we haven't fed a bite of hay or grain since 2012, and our animals and our soil is doing better than ever.

Let me be an expert for once. LOL.

Ronald
Organic?
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: Theo Gallus is.....what?...Where?..... - 05/05/15 11:05 AM
Originally Posted By: therapist
...What are your goals for the cattle?...

That's a tough one. We are probably looking at 4-5 acres that we'd fence off into 2 small pastures, and rotate the cattle and whatever other 4 legged critters my wife wants. As we've transitioned to our farm, we're taking everything pretty slowly, and trying not to overload ourselves from the start. Most of our 95 acres is leased for cattle and hay, but that could certainly change at any time. Hay's so cheap down here, one's just never sure when a win, win situation will change. If that happens, we want to be ready to go.

A good quality meat for us, and a few cattle to sell and pay for that meat is probably all we would want.
Originally Posted By: Theo Gallus
Originally Posted By: Bill Cody

You got it fixed?

"There goes $10 million."

I think I'm going to start posting more often...

LMAO!!
© Pond Boss Forum