Pond Boss
Posted By: FireIsHot For rent or short term lease - 02/25/15 02:06 PM
I have one heavily used, but serviceable, PB Moderator for rent or short term lease.

I'm unsure of his mileage, and maintenance is questionable at best, but nonstop snow/sleet/rain while he's on your property is almost assured. Delivery dates can not be provided since we can't get off our property. He does seem to be both feed and crate trained, so pickup provisions can be arranged. No warranty is implied or guaranteed.

With our current runoff, we should hit full pool by late this afternoon. TX members west of I35 get a 10% loyalty discount.

Somebody please get esshup out of here before I have to find a scuba mask.
Posted By: Omaha Re: For rent or short term lease - 02/25/15 02:13 PM
Pics?
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: For rent or short term lease - 02/25/15 02:30 PM
Josh, I'll get out and slosh around once the snow stops. 2-4" is expected.

The shoreline reeds at the base of the dam were out of the water a week ago. We're closing in a 1 foot rise since Sunday.

Posted By: Omaha Re: For rent or short term lease - 02/25/15 02:32 PM
Scott has probably never felt more at home while in Texas than right now. grin
Posted By: mnfish Re: For rent or short term lease - 02/25/15 02:37 PM
That's what happens when you invite a Midwest yankee down there (no matter how smart he is). grin Quick, while the weather is cooperating, get in the shop and have Scott put together a couple of tip-ups for you all!
Posted By: catmandoo Re: For rent or short term lease - 02/25/15 04:12 PM
We left for the conference in snow. After we left the conference we went to our son's place in Edmond, OK. We got 4 inches of snow. We got home to snow, with more forecast for this evening. Yeesh!
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: For rent or short term lease - 03/02/15 07:06 PM
Holy crap I just saw these....what a difference a week makes!

Scott may be feed and crate trained, but you need to work on his litter box habits...or lack thereof.
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: For rent or short term lease - 03/02/15 09:09 PM
TJ, we haven't seen the sun in a week. More snow expected Weds.

The good thing is we've been sitting on full pool this whole week, and all the pastures are standing in water. Any rain at all will be 100% run off.

I know you're not from West TX, but you too can qualify for a 10% discount. We decided to expand the offer.
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: For rent or short term lease - 03/02/15 09:30 PM
Send the rain to BuffaloTex we in bad need of it . Pond still near 6' low

Pat
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: For rent or short term lease - 03/02/15 09:48 PM
Pat, I sure wish I could, because we've had enough. Highflyer and George1 are not 20 miles north of us, and their percip totals are lower than ours over the last week.
Posted By: Cisco Re: For rent or short term lease - 03/02/15 10:32 PM
According to the farmlogs website, my place in west Texas has had almost 5" of precip since the 1-1-15. My pond should be up some but it won't be full pool. Glad you got to show Scott some Texas snow and had some fun(maybe)
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: For rent or short term lease - 03/03/15 12:02 AM
Brian, I'm not sure about the fun. He and Bad Brian are doing something right now. Whatever they're doing looks heavy, so I'm staying away.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: For rent or short term lease - 03/03/15 11:06 AM
I called him a couple of days ago and asked how he liked the Sun Belt. He said that he hadn't seen any sun.

Warmer weather today and back to sleet tomorrow.
Posted By: esshup Re: For rent or short term lease - 03/03/15 01:03 PM
Sitting in McDonalds in Winnsboro to take advantage of their free Wi-Fi.

Dave, it looks you are getting a bit more moisture today. Brian and I drove past Zep's place on Saturday and snuck in to take a look at it. The place could be used as a retreat for corporate clients - it's beautiful!!!!

Al, YES, there is heavy lifting involved. Ain't much fun in the mud, but I bought Gore-Tex boots and rain gear for just this type of weather.

Could be worse. My sister said she's got 5' of snow in her back yard, it was -10°F on the thermometer a few nights ago, and they broke a February snowfall record that was set in the 1800's.
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: For rent or short term lease - 03/04/15 11:07 PM
Another big round of rain today, and snow tonight.

Big puddle hasn't crested yet, but it's inching towards the emergency spillway, which should be flowing before dark. It's been 14 years since that happened. I remember because my wife and I were collecting CNBG in the lower pasture for hours. They did follow the current out of the pond.

Somebody please take esshup.
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: For rent or short term lease - 03/04/15 11:34 PM
Ok if you pay for his upkeep

Pat
Posted By: Rainman Re: For rent or short term lease - 03/05/15 06:34 AM
Originally Posted By: esshup

Al, YES, there is heavy lifting involved. Ain't much fun in the mud, but I bought Gore-Tex boots and rain gear for just this type of weather.

Could be worse. My sister said she's got 5' of snow in her back yard, it was -10°F on the thermometer a few nights ago, and they broke a February snowfall record that was set in the 1800's.

So what you are saying is 2 weeks in Texas and a slight dusting of snow has you buying stores out of milk and bread, loafing instead of building docks, along with talking about how you USED to work in 5' of snow after walking barefoot 3 miles, uphill (both ways) to build docks like it was nothing, back in the old days. And now, Al has to wait till it's 75 in March to get his dock? laugh
Posted By: Rainman Re: For rent or short term lease - 03/05/15 06:37 AM
Btw...I hauled Mason, the dog in my truck pictured to HIS new home. Mason farting and biting me was enough and I refuse to volunteer to transport Scott after being fed Texas Q, beans and TexMex!!!
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: For rent or short term lease - 03/05/15 11:24 AM
Originally Posted By: Rainman
..And now, Al has to wait till it's 75 in March to get his dock? laugh

Rex, that was strategic planning on my part. wink
Posted By: esshup Re: For rent or short term lease - 03/05/15 03:09 PM
Rex, it's not me, it's all the wusses down here that don't want to deliver material if there's a dusting of snow on the ground. smile

It DID rain buckets yesterday just after I pulled into Al's driveway. laugh

I should command a pretty high price in West Texas and around Wichita, Kansas......

But. this weather isn't helping me one bit get the things done that need to be done down here!!!
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: For rent or short term lease - 03/05/15 03:39 PM
Rex, it's not me, it's all the wusses down here that don't want to deliver material if there's a dusting of snow on the ground. smile...

White stuff on the ground is scary.

Scott, Pat and some of the Texas guys a bit farther a south might send a stretch limo up for you.
Posted By: Zep Re: For rent or short term lease - 03/05/15 06:09 PM
Brian and I drove past Zep's place on Saturday and snuck in to take a look at it.

Thanks esshup. Glad ya'll got to take a peek. It's a work in progress but coming along.

My neighbor called last night and said the water is flowing good
thru the pond drain pipes, so I guess we are full.

He also stated he saw some really "suspicious characters"
down there last weekend taking pictures smile
Posted By: Sunil Re: For rent or short term lease - 03/05/15 08:02 PM
Zep, that was the IRS.
Posted By: esshup Re: For rent or short term lease - 03/08/15 12:46 PM
Mark, PM me your phone number. I've got some pictures on my phone that I can send you too. I'm sure Brian sent you a few already!

We'd be further along if this rain would stop. It's sprinkling out now and today/Monday looks like it will be wet. frown
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: For rent or short term lease - 03/08/15 01:13 PM
Scott, the vacuum finally broke on the big puddle, and we had a trash line 12" over full pool. I'm not sure how much water that is, but we really got a good flush over the last 2 weeks. Spring rains should really get that pond in good shape for the rest of the year. Fresh water cures a lot of problems. Or at least for me it does.
Posted By: esshup Re: For rent or short term lease - 03/09/15 01:50 PM
So you are saying spring came yesterday?? wink
Posted By: esshup Re: For rent or short term lease - 03/12/15 11:27 AM
O.K. ya'all in east Texas. You had your taste of the sun yesterday, back to rain again today!
Posted By: TGW1 Re: For rent or short term lease - 03/12/15 12:34 PM
esshup, I am happy about the rain we are getting here in E Texas. The drought we have been through the past few years has been tough on our animals and our fish. But from my experience, just wait and the weather will change soon. And it will be hotter than H E double LL.
Tracy
Posted By: Flame Re: For rent or short term lease - 03/12/15 10:11 PM
Just did my figures on rain here in deepest of East Texas. I finished digging my pond November 1st,2014. In less than 4 and a half months we have had 30.45 inches of rain and are expecting a lot more tonight.I have been blessed.
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: For rent or short term lease - 03/12/15 11:59 PM
Congrats Flame. Yep, you pretty well hit a home run with all the rain we got. I'm guessing your water level may drop a smidge in the next few weeks, but that's pretty normal for a new fill. But, it looks like even more rain for you this coming week.
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: For rent or short term lease - 03/13/15 12:29 AM
Flame
We had 4" of rain and the level came up 12", yall get any of this today, none here unfortunately

Pat
Posted By: Flame Re: For rent or short term lease - 03/13/15 03:19 AM
Pat, only got 1/2 inch today but it is raining lightly as I write this. Glad to hear you got a good rain.
Posted By: esshup Re: For rent or short term lease - 03/13/15 11:59 AM
It's been raining here since around 2:00 a.m.
Posted By: TGW1 Re: For rent or short term lease - 03/13/15 12:31 PM
esshup, I received 3 flash flood alerts on my phone yesterday here in Shreveport and it's been raining here all night and this morning. Today I am set up to receive 3,500 CNBG and 10,000 TFS on the farm this afternoon. And you have to go down hill to the pond and back up the hill to get back after stocking. I am guessing I might have to have the tractor close by for a tow before it is all over. smile sou ds like a lot of fun, don't u think lol
Tracy
Posted By: rmedgar Re: For rent or short term lease - 03/13/15 03:24 PM
Tracy, sounds good. Did you buy all that structure at the PB Conference?
Posted By: TGW1 Re: For rent or short term lease - 03/13/15 03:53 PM
I tried to but they would not sell all they had there, maybe some of it had already been sold. so I gave them a phone number and have not herd from them. I am guessing the weather or something has held them off from getting back.
Tracy
Posted By: TGW1 Re: For rent or short term lease - 03/13/15 03:55 PM
And delivery of my fish was canceled due to the weather, I think esshup has experienced the same smile As far as getting things delivered in our weather down here
Posted By: esshup Re: For rent or short term lease - 03/16/15 01:05 PM
I drove over to a hunting lease between Throckmorton and Elbert Friday afternoon to try and help a guy remove some hogs from his hunting lease over the weekend. I got lucky and had 2 days of relatively good weather. But it drizzled a bit coming back to Winnsboro, and it's pea soup foggy here this a.m. Rain is supposed to show back up on Wed.

No piggies - the landowner also leased the land to a cattleman a week or so ago without the people who leased it for hunting knowing about it; and he put about 150 head on the 320 acres. We had to chase the cattle out of camp a few times. mad

The first morning I saw a pair of 'yotes chewing on what turned out to be a relatively freshly dead steer. They didn't pay me any attention because I was a ways away from them. Well, one found out that even tho they were 863 yards away they still weren't safe. The 7mm 180g Berger VLD bullet found it's mark and there's one less 'yote running around in Texas. wink grin I've got pictures, AND it was witnessed by the leasee, but I don't think the majority of pictures are suitable for posting here. There's a bit of red on the 'yote and it isn't paint.....
Posted By: djstauder Re: For rent or short term lease - 03/16/15 02:04 PM
hitting a coyote at 863 yards! I'm no hunter but that seems like quite a shot... congrats
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: For rent or short term lease - 03/16/15 02:26 PM
That IS a long shot! Must have some dynomite optics also

Pat
Posted By: Cisco Re: For rent or short term lease - 03/16/15 05:13 PM
That's sniper stuff right there Esshup! I hit one at 700 yds with my 270 but it was all luck. Nice shooting!
Posted By: DNickolaus Re: For rent or short term lease - 03/16/15 05:50 PM
Nice shooting Scott. If you ever get out to Phoenix, go visit Berger. I got a nice tour of their facility, got to meet Walt, etc years ago. It's not really a factory as they do more hand work than mass production. They clearly take precision seriously and that allows folks like us take it seriously as well. Those VLDs are quite the package.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: For rent or short term lease - 03/16/15 11:24 PM
I have some Bergers in 270 but really haven't tuned them very well. I understand that they are an extremely high quality chunk of lead. Due to what appears to be their frangible nature I don't really want to use them on deer.
Posted By: esshup Re: For rent or short term lease - 03/18/15 04:41 PM
I met Walt at the last NRA Convention. I won't be able to make this one in Ky, but I sure will e-mail them and tell them thanks!
Posted By: DNickolaus Re: For rent or short term lease - 03/18/15 06:01 PM
I used target HPs on prairie dogs when I lived in AZ. It was great fun reaching way out and exploding them. My buddy used Nosler ballistic tips. On a prairie dog, you've got essentially a 2.5-3.5" cylinder, usually upright. The under 200 yd ones, you take a head shot and it matters not- a gimme shot. Farther out, we'd go for body shots and a hollow pt, even a small point for target work, will explode just from the shock. PD's explode too. Ah the sound of a solid hit. Wind drift that far out was always half the fun. Spotter: "hold another body width to the left, he's still just looking around!" I thought the VLD would maybe help on that but they are so long and heavy. We went for light and fast/flat. Either way, Bergers are good stuff and good people.
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: For rent or short term lease - 03/18/15 07:01 PM
Another big round of rain rolling through. Are you SE TX guys still getting all this rain?
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: For rent or short term lease - 03/18/15 07:27 PM
BuffaloTex area isnt

Pat
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: For rent or short term lease - 03/18/15 07:43 PM
Pat, this whole system seemed to slide east of y'all. It's just sat, and sat on us for going on a month now. I would sure like to send some your way. We've had enough for a little while.
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: For rent or short term lease - 03/18/15 10:23 PM
All I need is for it to set for a little while and dump some rain!
Posted By: JKB Re: For rent or short term lease - 03/18/15 11:36 PM
When Scott comes to MI, I think a "no rain" dance will be in order wink
Posted By: Lovnlivin Re: For rent or short term lease - 03/19/15 01:05 AM
Originally Posted By: JKB
When Scott comes to MI,,,,,, wink

Yep, I'm bringing Dramamine sick

And a heavy rain coat!

grin grin grin
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: For rent or short term lease - 03/23/15 10:45 PM
And it's gone. All the precipitation finally moved out last evening, and you can see the cloud bank just over the trees. Today was the first full day of sun in over a month.

© Pond Boss Forum