Pond Boss
Posted By: Lovnlivin Roses By The Roadside - 01/24/15 03:25 PM
Having too many vehicle fatalities just this year, yesterday I attended a funeral for a 33 year old, a very close friend and belonging to what I consider my second family, taken way too soon.

This is a song my brother wrote many years ago that I put a video to, was played at yesterday's funeral, yet never intended for one of our own.

So as you drive past and witness the roses by the roadside, please remember those affected, and drive safe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsLDRZ_tYeU

(My apologies if anyone finds this inappropriate, but thanks for listening)
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Roses By The Roadside - 01/24/15 07:42 PM
Thanks!
Posted By: JKB Re: Roses By The Roadside - 01/24/15 10:23 PM
She was on a motorcycle with her father that night. He lost control, she died!

Another good friend of mine and my sisters was just getting a ride home. The driver wrapped the car around a tree, and Kathy was the only one who died that night.

Kinda sucks frown
Posted By: Sunil Re: Roses By The Roadside - 01/26/15 02:28 AM
A very sad song indeed.
Posted By: Lovnlivin Re: Roses By The Roadside - 01/27/15 10:55 PM
Originally Posted By: Sunil
A very sad song indeed.

After my brother first wrote that song, the roadside memorials became much more apparent, but still I was thinking more of the accident and the person who lost their life.

Now after losing one of our own, my perspective has changed.

"Roses by the roadside shows how much they care, how much they really miss them, and how it's just not fair. So when I see the roses it breaks my heart in two, for the ones they leave behind, I'll say a prayer, I'll say a prayer for you."

And now hoping for fewer to be seen.

PS - Cecil, my heart goes out to you with your MIL (I had a great one too). And JKB, I'm sorry for your losses!
Posted By: JKB Re: Roses By The Roadside - 01/28/15 12:40 AM
It happens, but you don't expect it.
© Pond Boss Forum