Pond Boss
Posted By: teehjaeh57 What ever happened to.... - 01/07/15 05:03 AM
Ric Swaim? Really enjoyed his posts - great guy. I think he was working on YP in his NC ponds - important research for the forum as I don't recall anyone else that far South trying to establish them. We did a few grass shrimp orders together, then I never heard from him again. Ric - if you're out there, give us a shout!
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: What ever happened to.... - 01/07/15 05:11 AM
According to the user list his last post was in March of 2010. When someone is gone that long...
Posted By: esshup Re: What ever happened to.... - 01/07/15 06:37 AM
There's a number of posters who were here a lot then disappeared. JHAP, dave in el dorado ca, Tom G to name a few.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: What ever happened to.... - 01/07/15 12:04 PM
I talked to Ric a couple of years ago. Pretty serious health problems.
Posted By: RC51 Re: What ever happened to.... - 01/07/15 02:01 PM
Yeah it's to bad I enjoyed all their posts. Hope they are doing ok. As I turned another year older on Jan 1, I am realizing more and more this life is a lot shorter than you think. I wish you all good health this year and cherish the moments!! smile

RC
Posted By: Sunil Re: What ever happened to.... - 01/07/15 02:04 PM
I think Ric Swaim is recovered and possibly still lurking.

I think he bucked up and donated to the forum this year.

TOM G's absence is certainly disturbing.
Posted By: docg Re: What ever happened to.... - 01/07/15 02:16 PM
teejaeh,
Nate delivered yellow perch to me in middle north Carolina 3 years ago. I had dredged out my 5 acre pond and built a 1 acre pond. The yellow perch are doing great in our summer heat. The pond is 8 feet at its deepest. I have smb in there also that are doing great as well.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: What ever happened to.... - 01/07/15 05:01 PM
Awesome to hear from you, Doc! Hey, I get it, you're a dentist and business owner and demands on your time are probably nutso - but this is the first time we've heard from you in over a year I think? I for one would love to hear more updates from your unique project. That's a beautiful YP - are you seeing recruitment? What else is going on?
Posted By: docg Re: What ever happened to.... - 01/07/15 05:37 PM
I look at the site every day no matter where I am. We were in the Galapagos islands over the summer and I was looking up Pond Boss. My wife made fun of me. Just don't post much. I'll put together some pics and updates.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: What ever happened to.... - 01/07/15 07:49 PM
Love it...glad to have you back, Doc. Can't wait for your updates!
Posted By: RER Re: What ever happened to.... - 01/07/15 08:19 PM
Man...If I had another pond I would surely be messing around with SMB and YP in stead of what I am messing around with now..I dont think I could do both in the little half acre pond.

I would love to see some updates...

I know Gallop in North FL was at one time considering SMB and has yet to stock Predators...
Posted By: esshup Re: What ever happened to.... - 01/07/15 08:59 PM
NICE YP docg!!
Posted By: Bob-O Re: What ever happened to.... - 01/07/15 09:58 PM
Bobby, maybe the YP stork will visit you late next fall.
Posted By: rmedgar Re: What ever happened to.... - 01/08/15 12:34 AM
Remember Meadowlark?
How about Burgermiester - always enjoyed his input.
Posted By: catmandoo Re: What ever happened to.... - 01/08/15 01:23 AM
Originally Posted By: rmedgar
Remember Meadowlark?
How about Burgermiester - always enjoyed his input.

I hope Burger didn't get taken hostage off the coast of Somalia. He did just kind of disappear rather suddenly.
Posted By: RER Re: What ever happened to.... - 01/08/15 02:17 AM
As long as it's not the YP blue heron ....

If nothing else my little font yard pond will be full of minnows by then... Hmmm
Posted By: Bob-O Re: What ever happened to.... - 01/08/15 03:00 AM
Cecil has all the GBH in all of north In YP shy.
© Pond Boss Forum