Pond Boss
Posted By: lassig Forum acting weird - 03/14/14 03:39 PM
Anyone else noticing that the forum is acting weird and not loading completely? I assuming so and that being the reason for so few posts. I am getting it to work but stopping the loading of the page and then everything appears. Before doing that the forum just partially loads and then displays nothing.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Forum acting weird - 03/14/14 04:07 PM
I have not had issues, but many others are having problems.

I did have to re-log on this morning though.
Posted By: canyoncreek Re: Forum acting weird - 03/14/14 04:21 PM
Since yesterday the forum page won't load, all other pages do. The spinning blue circle (Win 7) just sits there. If I navigate to another page for an instant when it 'stops loading' I see the forum but then it is off to the new page. I tried stopping the load but that leaves a blank screen (with the pond boss forum header only)

Today a little better, after letting it sit and try to load for about 80-90 seconds it finally loads. Actually what probably is happening is the load is 'timing out' and then staying on the page and then showing up. Why it is stalling on loading is a mystery.

Even going back from an article to the index page (which usually allows for some cache of the previous page to load faster) requires the long nearly 2 minute wait.

Hope that helps...
Posted By: esshup Re: Forum acting weird - 03/14/14 05:45 PM
The forum had problems since last night, but hopefully they are fixed now. I have no idea what they were, but when I called the PB office this morning they were working on it.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Forum acting weird - 03/14/14 06:11 PM
There was a problem with the ad bar code. I believe Sherrie knocked it out.
Posted By: lassig Re: Forum acting weird - 03/14/14 06:17 PM
Thanks working much better now
Posted By: Shorty Re: Forum acting weird - 03/14/14 07:58 PM
I had to find a different link to the forum to get on, the one in my favorites lists no longer works.

This link to the forum works:
http://forums.pondboss.com/

This link to the forum no longer works:
http://www.pondboss.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=cfrm

Here is the error message that I have been getting since last night.
Quote:
UBB Message
We encountered a problem. The reason reported was
Database error only visible to forum administrators

Please click back to return to the previous page.

Posted By: canyoncreek Re: Forum acting weird - 03/14/14 08:11 PM
Seems to be freezing up again, I still can get to it but after a 30sec delay or so. I'm using the forums.pondboss.com.

I see no difference if I access the forum when logged in or when accessing it without being logged in.
Posted By: RAH Re: Forum acting weird - 03/14/14 08:26 PM
Still not working well. My shortcut did not work.
Posted By: Dwight Re: Forum acting weird - 03/14/14 08:35 PM
I wasn't in the loop on this. I can tell you that there were some changes made at the Host Server level. Your old shortcut will not work. The new one is:

Forum Link
Posted By: Omaha Re: Forum acting weird - 03/14/14 08:35 PM
Links from email notifications work fine for me, but my bookmark to the forums does not.
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: Forum acting weird - 03/14/14 08:50 PM
Originally Posted By: teehjaeh57
There was a problem with the ad bar code. I believe Sherrie knocked it out.

Not that TJ needs me to agree with him, but I think he's right on target. All the code after the Ad banner was gone, but the header was still showing up. This can also happen with 3rd party news feeds.
Posted By: JKB Re: Forum acting weird - 03/14/14 09:48 PM
Originally Posted By: Dwight
I wasn't in the loop on this. I can tell you that there were some changes made at the Host Server level. Your old shortcut will not work. The new one is:

Forum Link

Server was a bit constipated.

My old shortcut works fine!
Posted By: Bossone Re: Forum acting weird - 03/18/14 01:53 PM
I've had troubles keeping logged in. seems I have to relog in every time, even when I mark remember it.
Posted By: esshup Re: Forum acting weird - 03/18/14 02:03 PM
I had that problem recently. The problem went away once I cleared all my stored cookies.
Posted By: george1 Re: Forum acting weird - 03/18/14 02:28 PM
It's driving me nuts - but I don't have to go very far to get there anyway! :grin

It's not PB's fault - our sister Texas Fishing Forum is pulling the same tricks!
Don't think this helps PB image - in more was than one....
Pardon my rant but my patience is thin... laugh
G/
Posted By: WRFinTX Re: Forum acting weird - 03/18/14 03:15 PM
I've had problems as well lately. Mainly page not loading fully or being logged out for no reason. Dang 'puters
Posted By: Zep Re: Forum acting weird - 03/18/14 03:48 PM
yes odd happenings
i can get in via Explorer
but can't get in via Google Chrome
Posted By: Cisco Re: Forum acting weird - 03/18/14 04:18 PM
I had the problem last week. Bob said Sherrie was working on it and by Monday, all is well here. I was thinking it was on my end but I guess not.
Posted By: DonoBBD Re: Forum acting weird - 03/18/14 04:27 PM
Originally Posted By: canyoncreek
Since yesterday the forum page won't load, all other pages do. The spinning blue circle (Win 7) just sits there. If I navigate to another page for an instant when it 'stops loading' I see the forum but then it is off to the new page. I tried stopping the load but that leaves a blank screen (with the pond boss forum header only)

Today a little better, after letting it sit and try to load for about 80-90 seconds it finally loads. Actually what probably is happening is the load is 'timing out' and then staying on the page and then showing up. Why it is stalling on loading is a mystery.

Even going back from an article to the index page (which usually allows for some cache of the previous page to load faster) requires the long nearly 2 minute wait.

Hope that helps...

Only browser is FireFox down load and give her a test drive. I have used their ThunderBird for Email for a year now and like it much better too.

Cheers Don.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Forum acting weird - 03/18/14 05:44 PM
No issues here like last week.
Posted By: Zep Re: Forum acting weird - 03/19/14 05:20 PM
Internet Explorer is allowing me into forum,
but still getting this message when using Google Chrome:

"UBB Message

Please click back to return to the previous page."
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: Forum acting weird - 03/19/14 05:53 PM
I am having some log in problems. I contacted the PBoss office. Hopefully they will look into and fix some of these problems.
Posted By: Cody Veach Re: Forum acting weird - 03/19/14 06:01 PM
I have noticed alot of my pond boss google searches have been showing "server data base error, the is error is only viewable by system administrator ."
Posted By: esshup Re: Forum acting weird - 03/19/14 07:24 PM
Originally Posted By: Cody Veach
I have noticed alot of my pond boss google searches have been showing "server data base error, the is error is only viewable by system administrator ."

Cody, same here.
Posted By: Shorty Re: Forum acting weird - 03/19/14 08:36 PM
Originally Posted By: Zep
Internet Explorer is allowing me into forum,
but still getting this message when using Google Chrome:

"UBB Message

Please click back to return to the previous page."

Have you tried changing your bookmark in Chrome? Delete your old one, add the new one.
Posted By: Zep Re: Forum acting weird - 03/19/14 08:44 PM
Originally Posted By: Shorty
Have you tried changing your bookmark in Chrome? Delete your old one, add the new one.

Shorty that worked!
Thanks!
Posted By: JKB Re: Forum acting weird - 03/19/14 09:19 PM
Still no problems and I use Firefox and Chrome.

Nice thing on my work laptop is none of the advertisements appear. A wide open space on the left.

Originally Posted By: esshup
I had that problem recently. The problem went away once I cleared all my stored cookies.

I blow my cookies when I close the browser. I probably should save a couple tho.

Had some excellent peanut butter cookies today grin
Posted By: Shorty Re: Forum acting weird - 03/19/14 10:30 PM
Originally Posted By: Cody Veach

A lot of the old links don't work simply because the forum recently changed from

http://www.pondboss.com/forums (old)

to

http://forums.pondboss.com (new)

That is why you are getting the "server data base error".

You can use google advanced search:

http://www.google.com/advanced_search

put in the new "site or domain" address, add your key words, then search for the topic you are looking for.
© Pond Boss Forum