Pond Boss
Posted By: Dwight The Daytona 500 - 02/23/14 05:07 PM
Base Plan: Watch on HDTV, with Live Leader Board on the notebook and Race View Mobile on the LG HD 8.3 Tablet. Phone ringers off.
Posted By: sprkplug Re: The Daytona 500 - 02/23/14 05:14 PM
Is this the one where they all drive around in a circle, over and over again?.... grin laugh
Posted By: Dwight Re: The Daytona 500 - 02/23/14 05:19 PM
Our Daytona 500 Supper:

Cut up some chicken breasts, large shrimp and bacon. Browned up everything with some pepper and diced onions.

Made up a small batch of baked beans with bacon and diced onions.

Steamed up a pan of wild/white/brown rice.

The meat mixture is in the crockpot simmering until supper. The beans and rice will be warmed at the appropriate time. Note the meat mixture goes on top of the rice or on the side of the rice, your choice.
Posted By: Dwight Re: The Daytona 500 - 02/23/14 05:20 PM
Originally Posted By: sprkplug
Is this the one where they all drive around in a circle, over and over again?.... grin laugh

It is a Tri-Oval.
Posted By: JKB Re: The Daytona 500 - 02/23/14 05:20 PM
That's that Left Turn stuff again wink
Posted By: the stick Re: The Daytona 500 - 02/23/14 06:20 PM
That sounds great. What time should I be there?
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: The Daytona 500 - 02/23/14 08:50 PM
Dwight, right there with ya brother. Daytona 500/Bassmaster Classic Sunday is always a great day for me.

If Tony Stewart finally wins it, then so much the better.

We're doing fried chicken, sweet tea, and soc-it-to-me cake. Carb coma to follow soon after that.
Posted By: MSC Re: The Daytona 500 - 02/23/14 09:00 PM
Dang rain delay
Posted By: esshup Re: The Daytona 500 - 02/24/14 02:25 AM
So Dwight, how's the race going? laugh

A buddy goes down there every year. Got a text from him a few hours ago saying he's sitting in the bar waiting for it to start again. I asked him if he was going to the track to watch it and he replied HE.. NO! laugh
Posted By: esshup Re: The Daytona 500 - 02/24/14 02:36 AM
HEY! It ain't raining in Phoenix! ESPN2 Carquest Auto Parts Nationals. A bit faster paced than Daytona......... grin
Posted By: Lovnlivin Re: The Daytona 500 - 02/24/14 02:52 AM
And they're going again! Looks like they'll finish the race tonight after all!
Posted By: JKB Re: The Daytona 500 - 02/24/14 03:22 AM
Originally Posted By: esshup
HEY! It ain't raining in Phoenix! ESPN2 Carquest Auto Parts Nationals. A bit faster paced than Daytona......... grin

Me don't get that channel frown

Way to go AJ in Pro Stock!

The Funny Car drivers are getting less fugly wink
Posted By: Dwight Re: The Daytona 500 - 02/24/14 03:02 PM
All is right in the Nascar world; Dale JR in victory lane.

Being a Hendrick Motors guy, 3 in the top 5 is good.

Also watched the NHRA on ESPN2.

Motorsports are number #1 with me.

Tip, if you don't know about it: Race Time
Posted By: Brettski Re: The Daytona 500 - 02/24/14 04:36 PM
10 guests
5# of beer brats smoked in hickory on the grill
Posted By: Dwight Re: The Daytona 500 - 02/24/14 07:09 PM
Originally Posted By: Brettski
10 guests
5# of beer brats smoked in hickory on the grill

Tailgating or formal?
Posted By: Brettski Re: The Daytona 500 - 02/24/14 07:51 PM
kitchen table-gating
annual ritual to bring a crew of good friends together to make fun of Boogity Darryl.
Posted By: Cisco Re: The Daytona 500 - 02/24/14 09:04 PM
Anybody making fun of "Boogity Darryl" is good in my book! And thanks for the link Dwight, it's always a pain trying to fine what I want to see without having to surf the individual channels.
Posted By: esshup Re: The Daytona 500 - 02/24/14 10:52 PM
Nascar guys could learn how to change tires from these guys!

Posted By: FireIsHot Re: The Daytona 500 - 02/24/14 11:20 PM
Scott, that would never work here and you know it. You put that many NASCAR guys around a race car, and somebody's beer cooler would get stolen.

In 1984 Formula One came to Dallas, and had a race at Fair Park. Fair Park was also where our DFD communications repair shop was. I don't remember who won the race, but I do know who was the first person to make a full throttle lap around the track at 3 AM in an ambulance was though. whistle
Posted By: esshup Re: The Daytona 500 - 02/24/14 11:38 PM
laugh

My cousin spent big bucks to go to one of the Formula 1 races here in the states. Indianapolis I think. That was the race where all the top drivers boycotted the race. IIRC he paid for 4 people to go to the race, and with travel and hotel, it wasn't cheap. He said he'll never go to another one after that. He wasn't a happy camper!

Somewhere, someplace is a picture of me taken when I was allowed on the track at Elkhart Lake once when I had the Camaro up there to watch one of the races.
Posted By: Dwight Re: The Daytona 500 - 02/24/14 11:57 PM
Originally Posted By: esshup
Nascar guys could learn how to change tires from these guys!

F1 is interesting to me like all Motorsports. With 5 guys per wheel, tire changes should be instantaneous.

F1 is on V6-Turbos this year. High-pitched farty sounding engines are not my favorite, but I will still be paying attention.

Over the years F1 engines have evolved from 16 to 12 to 10 to 8 to 6 to 4 to 12 to 10 to 8 back to 6 cylinders. No focus or way too much money to spend?

The Technology of F1 is more interesting than the actual on track "racing".
Posted By: esshup Re: The Daytona 500 - 02/25/14 12:30 AM
Ditto Dwight. Carbon fiber body parts, ceramic and carbon brakes, Titanium valve components, etc. just to name a few off the top of my head. I can't fathom how they can turn the engine so many RPM and still have them hold together. Just think how many times the valves open and close per SECOND at the RPM's that they turn those motors at!

Then you have "old" technology of top fuel. 0-332 mph in 1,000 feet?? shocked And in less than 3 3/4 seconds..... plus both of those records were set in 2012.
© Pond Boss Forum