Pond Boss
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 RCBS Chargemaster Combo 1500 - 09/19/13 02:21 AM
Don't know how many of you guys hand load/reload.

I got this thing about 6 months ago but didn't mess with it today. I decided to hand load some 38 specials using some wad cutters that I cast in 1990.

So, I watched YouTube and got started with 3.2 grains of Bullseye powder. It took 55 seconds for 3.2 grains of powder to dispense into the pan. That is a lot slower than dipping and trickling. I was disgusted with the whole process until I realized just how little actual work I was doing.

I think I'm going to like it. I realized later that I could seat the bullet while the unit was dispensing powder for the next round.
Posted By: esshup Re: RCBS Chargemaster Combo 1500 - 09/19/13 06:34 AM
Dave:

That's a whole LOT slower than mine. I don't know exactly what model mine is, I've had it for a couple of years. Talk to RCBS. I believe some of the units were extremely slow, but they came out with a fix for it.

I can dispense 3.2 grains of RL-15 in less than 10 seconds. (I had RL-15 in the machine already.)

I first used an electronic scale in 1996 and don't think I ever used my balance beam scale after that. Still using that same electronic scale (Dillon) for checking shotgun powder drops.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: RCBS Chargemaster Combo 1500 - 09/19/13 10:23 AM
Thanks Scott. I tried 36.5 grs of H335 this morning and it was fast. I'm thinking that since it slows down for the last grains or so that it just starts out and stays slow on small amts of powder. I'll call them today.
Posted By: esshup Re: RCBS Chargemaster Combo 1500 - 09/19/13 03:18 PM
Dave, on mine it seems to be slow the first time or 2, but then it speeds up as it learns how long it has to run to get close to the desired weight.

LMK what they say!
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: RCBS Chargemaster Combo 1500 - 09/19/13 05:02 PM
I called them and was told that it may need re programming. The lady asked me to call back tomorrow and ask for Richard. He is the guru on this thing.
Posted By: esshup Re: RCBS Chargemaster Combo 1500 - 09/19/13 05:58 PM
There you go!

I've had really good customer service from Dillon as well.

When I was rangemaster, we offered a reloading class, and called some of the reloading equipment mfg's. Dillon sent an electronic scale, single stage press and some dies as a promo "on the house" for us to use.

Other mfg's chipped in as well, but by far Dillon contributed the most.
© Pond Boss Forum