Pond Boss
Posted By: jims place Its going to be a HOT one. - 06/27/13 10:19 AM

The dog days of summer have arrived early this year, 101 yesterday, 104 today. Going to flip the switch on the pump today and start pumping some cool water into the pond, I got a feeling its going to run wide open for the next three months.
Posted By: esshup Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 06/27/13 02:18 PM
After last Spring/summer, you can keep the 90+ temp days!
Posted By: RC51 Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 06/27/13 04:55 PM
Yeah so far knock on wood we havent been to hot here either compared to last year!! Man last year was brutal!! I'll take 92, 93 anyday this time a year!

RC
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 06/27/13 08:54 PM
103 here tomorrow.
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 06/27/13 09:16 PM
Yeah, it was pretty bad here today too. It almost got to 90. But, it is back in the lower 80s now, so I can go out on the riding lawnmower to trim around the pond.
Posted By: jakeb Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 06/28/13 01:45 AM
106 here today! 109 was the prediction, so it was real cool wink Supposed to be that hot the rest of the week!
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 06/28/13 02:06 AM
Yep, I'm heading upstate to my place with 2 nephews and a a grandson. Lots of nice warm air.
Posted By: liquidsquid Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 06/28/13 02:28 AM
Currently a heavy steady long downpour here, 62 degrees. A high of 72 tomorrow. Besides the taxes, and 8 months of winter, I love NY for these mild summers as I could not deal with that heat.
Posted By: Kelly Duffie Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 06/28/13 03:01 AM
Since we're giving weather reports: It is a balmy 88 here in Cypress - at 10:00 PM!!!! - with 60% humidity.
"Feels Like" 94 outside.
Tomorrow and Saturday are projected at or above record highs.
Hang onto your electric bills folks... Here we go again......
Posted By: esshup Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 06/28/13 03:24 AM
I know it's the busy time of year for ya, but if you want to get out of the heat......... grin

http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=339465#Post339465
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 06/28/13 10:01 AM
By 2:00 today, we will be inside with AC going full blast.

Most of the year, we leave on Friday after work to go to the country. At this time of year, we leave on Saturday morning. That gives the AC time to cool the mattresses enough to sleep on. The walls also need time to cool down overnight.

I used to turn the pilot light off on the water heater when I left. If I go in the evening the water is so hot that the water is already hot enough and the burner doesn't come on. At first I thought that the thermocouple was shot.
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 06/28/13 10:20 AM
Dave, I'm shredding pastures all day today. 103 today, and I'm already hydrating.
Posted By: george1 Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 06/28/13 10:32 AM
Fishing is about over for me this time of year except for a very good friend that spoils me - one of which you guys goofing off at RM met.
I'll get picked up at 5:30 Tuesday morning, be on his "puddle" by seven, fish 'til 9:00 and sit in the shade at his brood pond, survey new crop of OTS CNBG by hook and line.
Have to sign off of no responsibility in case of heat stroke.
Won't tell you his name but his initials are AL. grin

Now if another one of our fishin' buddies lands his big bird during a cool spell, I betcha I get another trip in before fall. cool
G/
Posted By: Zep Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 06/28/13 11:05 AM
Originally Posted By: george1
Fishing is about over for me this time of year

George me2

Look at my "LocalWeather.com" forecast on my phone today!

106!

Posted By: catmandoo Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 06/28/13 01:22 PM
Doesn't brain damage begin at about 105 degrees?
Posted By: liquidsquid Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 06/28/13 02:11 PM
Only if you drink too much beer to stay cool ;-) or you stop sweating.
Posted By: djstauder Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 06/28/13 02:58 PM
I just read Death Valley is going to exceed 126. Phoenix and Vegas will be between 115 and 120. But it's a dry heat; hehe.
Posted By: mnfish Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 06/28/13 03:38 PM
Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson1
By 2:00 today, we will be inside with AC going full blast.

Most of the year, we leave on Friday after work to go to the country. At this time of year, we leave on Saturday morning. That gives the AC time to cool the mattresses enough to sleep on. The walls also need time to cool down overnight.

I used to turn the pilot light off on the water heater when I left. If I go in the evening the water is so hot that the water is already hot enough and the burner doesn't come on. At first I thought that the thermocouple was shot.

Man was I laughing when I read the water heater statement. WOW... now that's hot! Can't even imagine how that feels.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 06/28/13 05:24 PM
So what did folks do before AC? Adapt? I do remember cross country training in temps in the 90's in high school. None of us keeled over.
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 06/28/13 06:39 PM
Originally Posted By: djstauder
I just read Death Valley is going to exceed 126. Phoenix and Vegas will be between 115 and 120. But it's a dry heat; hehe.

Dry heat! Ha!

I was out getting big creek chubs (5-6 inches) this morning for an evening of catfish fishing on my lower pond. I use a #8 hook with a chunk of worm to get the creek chubs. I can usually get 15-20 chubs in 15-20 minutes. On one of the retrieves I was a little surprised to get about a 14 inch rainbow trout.

She's going into some dry heat in just a little bit, although it will be a little smokey. The smoker is on, and she's in the brine now. grin

I'm thinking my smoker is a lot like where my older son lives in Oklahoma. With the wildfires, it is a darn hot dry heat, punctuated with smoke from the many wild fires they get.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 06/30/13 10:51 AM
Cecil, I was raised without AC. Now, I'm a wuss.
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 06/30/13 11:21 AM
I tried to take pictures of my freshly bailed hay meadows Friday, and my camera was sitting in my truck. It was so hot, it would auto-shut down every time I turned it on.
Posted By: Kelly Duffie Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 06/30/13 11:27 AM
Just checked the current forecast for today's weather, and I'm SO happy that it will be "MUCH COOLER" than yesterday's 107° blast-furnace. I guess everything IS relative...
Posted By: JKB Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 06/30/13 11:43 AM
81 today. We've been in the 90's a couple times already. That's way too warm!
Posted By: esshup Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 06/30/13 05:10 PM
70's here today with a LOT less humidity!
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 06/30/13 06:52 PM
Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson1
Cecil, I was raised without AC. Now, I'm a wuss.

Me too. I remember living in Georgia for a while as a kid when my dad was stationed there in the military and even lived in a trailer without AC in North Carolina. Since we didn't know what we were missing we didn't miss it. Now I wouldn't be without it. Actually I think I could but it wouldn't be very comfortable. It helps things dry faster in the taxidermy shop too.

Saw something on the History channel that said basically the large scale development of the Sun Belt owes itself to the invention of the air conditioner.
Posted By: JKB Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 06/30/13 08:11 PM
NC, summertime, no AC, triple digits, hot factory! I was the only one carrying around a fan and constantly hoping an ac outlet was available! Someone mistakenly thought that my 100' Yellow Jacket extension cord may have belonged to them mad
Posted By: Zep Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 07/01/13 04:44 PM
It was so hot in Texas on Saturday look what it did to my fan!

Posted By: Cisco Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 07/01/13 08:03 PM
108 in Cisco Friday afternoon! Just a little warm for the fat boy!
Posted By: Kelly Duffie Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 07/02/13 03:50 PM
Diction lesson for the day....

"Whether the weather be fine,
Whether the weather be not,
Whether the weather be cold,
Whether the weather be hot,
We'll weather the weather,
Whatever the weather,
Whether we like it or not"
Posted By: WRFinTX Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 07/02/13 06:13 PM
106 in hitchcock...with the breeze off the gulf. Spent sunday planting a 12 ft pecan tree....and almost dying of heat stroke. Luckily we got a cold front and is only 97 today
Posted By: JKB Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 07/15/13 10:04 PM
I wish it was snowing today!!!

Got stuck in a Fiberglass Composite Mfg Co this afternoon, and I can attest to the fact that they don't believe in ventilation or dust collection. To top that off, they use steam to heat all the molds and presses in the facility. Just my luck today, that I'm working 6' away from the un-insulated steam pipes coming thru the floor. The guy said not to touch them, because they are about 300°. Asked if they had a fan, he said no. Told him I'll be back in a bit.

The fan helped, but I think the fiberglass particles will be with me for a few days.

When the guy's at the shop found out I had to go there, they started laughing, then telling stories about their fun, then it boiled down to, "It sucks to be you today!!!"
Posted By: esshup Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 07/16/13 12:14 AM
I agree with them. Sorry to hear about your day. That DOES suck!
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 07/16/13 02:46 AM
Originally Posted By: JKB
I wish it was snowing today!!!

Got stuck in a Fiberglass Composite Mfg Co this afternoon, and I can attest to the fact that they don't believe in ventilation or dust collection. To top that off, they use steam to heat all the molds and presses in the facility. Just my luck today, that I'm working 6' away from the un-insulated steam pipes coming thru the floor. The guy said not to touch them, because they are about 300°. Asked if they had a fan, he said no. Told him I'll be back in a bit.

The fan helped, but I think the fiberglass particles will be with me for a few days.

When the guy's at the shop found out I had to go there, they started laughing, then telling stories about their fun, then it boiled down to, "It sucks to be you today!!!"

I feel for the people that work there every day! Probably don't get paid squat either. Used to work in a rubber factory molding rubber parts but they did provide fans.
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 07/16/13 02:56 AM
Originally Posted By: Kelly Duffie

Whatever the weather,

Kelly,

Thank you for that.

I may just print that out to fill a full page, and post it on my barn door.

Ken
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 07/16/13 03:02 AM
Originally Posted By: Kelly Duffie

Whatever the weather,

Love it! My favorite is:

"Everybody complains about the weather but nobody does anything about it - Mark Twain.
Posted By: Shorty Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 07/17/13 05:19 PM
Looks like we will have a pretty strong cold front next week with very little wind. eek I will have to keep an eye on my fish in the pond.

http://wx.hamweather.com/?pands=68428

WEDNESDAY
Jul 24 Clear Hi:79°F 26°C
Lo:55°F 13°C Winds: 5 mph 5 to 10 KPH

Precip: Trace 0 mm

THURSDAY
Jul 25 Partly Cloudy Hi:75°F 24°C
Lo:61°F 16°C Winds: 0 to 5 mph 5 KPH

Precip: 0.05 in 1.3 mm

FRIDAY
Jul 26 Occasional
Showers Hi:68° F20°C
Lo:61°F 16°C Winds: 0 to 5 mph 5 KPH

Precip: 0.24 in 6.2 mm

SATURDAY
Jul 27 Occasional
Showers Hi:75°F 24°C
Lo:63°F 17°C Winds: 0 to 5 mph 0 to 5 KPH

Precip: 0.03 in 0.7 mm

SUNDAY
Jul 28 Partly Cloudy Hi:79°F 26°C
Lo:63°F 17°C Winds: 0 to 5 mph 5 KPH

Precip: Trace
Posted By: WRFinTX Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 08/03/13 07:01 PM
102 in Brenham TX today. Just finished up mowing for 8 hrs now starting on 6 ice cold shiners in the shade. Much more enjoyable.
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 08/03/13 08:03 PM
WRF, you should be with us. Just rolled through Homer Alaska. and it's 59. We couldn't take the heat any more.
Posted By: WRFinTX Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 08/03/13 09:33 PM
O man AL...way to rub it in. Cold and beautiful scenery. Enjoy it. Texas summers await.

I think I need to start planning a vacation every year during August to a northern state just to escape this oven. Have a boss that does this..smart feller
Posted By: esshup Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 08/03/13 09:57 PM
Originally Posted By: FireIsHot
WRF, you should be with us. Just rolled through Homer Alaska. and it's 59. We couldn't take the heat any more.

You know what they say. Pics or it didn't happen! wink

Going to go after a Tyee?
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 08/04/13 12:45 AM
And then there was the Hippy Dippy Weatherman.

Having just returned from a road trip to Upper Michigan, the Wisconsin South Shore of Lake Superior, and the Lake Superior Minnesota North Shore -- I'd forgotten my first 21 years of life -- and just how cold July can be in that part of North America. We had frost warnings twice last week while we were there. I guess it is good that we didn't have time to visit the cousins near Winnipeg and just north of "The Soo.". I didn't pack my hockey stick. We had to borrow jackets from the relatives to just enjoy cooking outside, or going out fishing.

We are back home. Hot here too. It is 62 degrees now. I think we hit 71 degrees earlier this afternoon.
Posted By: CJBS2003 Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 08/04/13 12:51 AM
I was up in Minnesota last week during their cool spell as well. 40's when you wake up in late July just seems strange to me, but I was enjoying it after dealing with the nasty humid heat we had been having in VA.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 08/04/13 02:36 AM
It's been in the 70's for highs the later part of July to now early August here. Just awesome weather!
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 08/04/13 03:28 AM
Scott, these are some strange fish called Halibut. We caught 4, but everybody caught their limit of 2. I'm done ocean fishing after this trip. To bumpy, and I couldn't swim back if the boat sunk.

Tomorrow's some other exotic fish called a Salmon. Does King Salmon sound right? All I know is we're fishing out of a clacker boat on the Kenai river, and that's more my speed.

None of the fish up here are green, so I'm completely out of my element.

Posted By: JKB Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 08/04/13 05:27 AM
Looks cool!

Hope ya tie into a really nice King! (Chinook) Those are a blast!!!
Posted By: esshup Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 08/04/13 06:33 AM
With the beard you'll be mistaken for a local!

No barn doors? I think those hanging are called Chicken Halibut. It looks like it was a good trip so far!

You haven't seen bumps until you are on a 120 ft long boat, sitting about 20' off the water in the wheelhouse with the captain and when you go down in the trough you are looking UP at the next wave coming at ya. THAT makes for an interesting ride back to port.
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 08/04/13 12:20 PM
Scott, chickens are what the local lady called them too. She said they taste better, but who knows. We saw hundreds of halibut hanging for pics, and only one was noticeably bigger so I don't know if its a seasonal deal or what.

I'm liking these Alaskans. Tough, tough people, but some some the most congenial folks I've ever met. Several people have offered us housing for another trip up.

And, being out of Dallas, we've seen no high heels, no cell phone chatter, and no real stupidity. Just neighbors being good neighbors.
Posted By: JKB Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 08/04/13 01:02 PM
Well Al,
The world record King came out of the Kenia River at 97lb-4oz. They said the second run (now) typically produces 40 to 85 lb fish out of that river. Their teeny ones (40lb) are our big ones!!! A really good King out of Lake Michigan is in the mid to upper 30lb range. I'll have to ask my BIL, but one of the King's we ran into just broke in the 40 lb range. Can't remember which charter that was, but pretty sure it was when we were running out of Whitehall. North and a ways out.

Have Fun!!!
Posted By: WRFinTX Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 08/04/13 01:03 PM
No high heels cell phones or stupidity?? This place you speak of sounds great.
Posted By: jludwig Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 08/04/13 02:20 PM
This summer is much better than last summer. Two days ago, the weatherman informed us that last year on this date it was 113. 97 is much cooler!
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 08/04/13 02:37 PM
Well Al,
A really good King out of Lake Michigan is in the mid to upper 30lb range. .

Phil,

Are you sure they are even that big anymore? I've haven't seen a 30 lber. in my shop in years.

I hear the forage is up again due to a decrease in salmon stocking rates so maybe the size will go back up?

I remember the good ol' days in the 70's when WOWO Ft. Wayne radio would announce then staging off the mouths of the major rivers up to Mannistee. I believe 30 lbs. was average back then!
Posted By: JKB Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 08/04/13 08:16 PM
Originally Posted By: Cecil Baird1
Well Al,
A really good King out of Lake Michigan is in the mid to upper 30lb range. .

Phil,

Are you sure they are even that big anymore? I've haven't seen a 30 lber. in my shop in years.

I hear the forage is up again due to a decrease in salmon stocking rates so maybe the size will go back up?

I remember the good ol' days in the 70's when WOWO Ft. Wayne radio would announce then staging off the mouths of the major rivers up to Mannistee. I believe 30 lbs. was average back then!

Yep!
Seems to be pretty decent in the past few years from fishing reports. This is on the big lake tho, and not river fishing.

Hire a Good Captain, and he'll get you on the 30+ pounders! wink

Move North Young Man! shocked grin

Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 08/04/13 08:44 PM
I used to live in Alpena when I was attending college. Was that far enough north? Nice summers up there. Winter not so much. :-)

Unfortunately on Huron they have serious issues with cormorants and I was told by a biologist they only get a 1/10 of 1 percent return on their brown trout stocking. (Used to have a brown trout festival). The walleyes do a number on them too.

BTW our college was the first to raise and plant Pacific salmon in Lake Huron. We had our own hatchery.
Posted By: JKB Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 08/04/13 10:04 PM
Coast Guard Festival going on in GH. eek Heading back from the boonies last night and ETA was 12:34am to my door. 1.3 miles to go at the drawbridge and crossed the threshold of my door at 1:05am. They had everything blocked off, and the Sheeple, watching the flashing lights along this stretch, no where to turn, didn't quite know what the heck to do! Traffic Jam was heavily in the works, and once the flashing lights were past, it was like you had the whole road to yourself! What's up with that!!!

While on the drawbridge going South, a dude jumped out of his car a couple of times, then opened his hood, and I am going, Really Great! He is in my lane and no way to get into the other. Not like we were moving at all crazy, but he could have changed his engine in that time frame laugh

Traffic should get better from here on out. Hopefully! eek
Posted By: WRFinTX Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 08/04/13 10:10 PM
I rescind my previous comment about it being hot. 113 is hell like weather. Oklahoma can have it
Posted By: Kelly Duffie Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 08/04/13 10:42 PM
Originally Posted By: WRFinTX
I rescind my previous comment about it being hot. 113 is hell like weather. Oklahoma can have it
I grew up in North Central Texas, where it was fairly common for summertime temps to exceed 110°. Yes, it was hot, no doubt - but at least sweat could evaporate due to the low humidity, making it far more bearable (IMO) than 100°F on the Gulf Coast with 70%+ humidity.
Back in the 70's, in N. TX, we used evaporative coolers (swamp coolers) - where the blower pulled air through a wetted fiberous material, which cooled the discharged air. Those things are unheard of down here (and useless), since the air is too humid to be cooled by this approach.
I saw these cattle making full use of available shade awhile back. I can't imagine what it would be like without any protection from direct sun.
Posted By: WRFinTX Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 08/04/13 11:24 PM
Your right Kelly nothing like Houstons 100+ with 100% humidity. Most mornings it feels like I live in an armpit....but I love living 10 minutes from the gulf and wouldn't trade it for anything.
Posted By: jludwig Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 08/05/13 01:30 AM
We have several days of 95-98 with high humidity and it is far worse than 110.
Posted By: liquidsquid Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 08/06/13 11:56 PM
In Greenville, ME right now, barely hit 70 since we have been here. Nice! Beautiful trout creek and large Big Wilson Falls right off the deck. Very nice!
Posted By: fishtruck Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 08/07/13 03:15 AM
Heat index today in LaGrange 114, true temp forecast for next two days 106. Pond water evaporates quickly at this temp! No Bueno!!!

Rob C
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 08/07/13 03:17 AM
It's spooky how cool and beautiful the weather has been here in northern Indiana the last few weeks and still is. Almost makes me feel like the calm before the storm!
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 08/07/13 03:18 AM
Originally Posted By: liquidsquid
In Greenville, ME right now, barely hit 70 since we have been here. Nice! Beautiful trout creek and large Big Wilson Falls right off the deck. Very nice!

I love Maine. Beautiful state!
Posted By: gully washer Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 08/07/13 03:36 AM

Another nice photo, Kelly.

I saw a similar scene a couple of weeks ago. About a dozen cattle were bunched together in the afternoon shadow of a lone tree. It was a rather comical, yet, sad sight.

Posted By: ewest Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 08/07/13 02:13 PM
Very hot and humid here. Nothing stands out in the mid day sun if there is an option. Everything stays in the shade hoping for a breeze and rain.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 08/09/13 02:14 AM
Originally Posted By: ewest
Very hot and humid here. Nothing stands out in the mid day sun if there is an option. Everything stays in the shade hoping for a breeze and rain.

When does it start cooling off and is less humid Eric? Do you see any improvement in September or do you have to wait until October?
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 08/09/13 02:43 AM
Temps won't break the upper 70's for at least 7 days here in northern Indiana according to the NWS. It's usually warmer than that in August here.
Posted By: esshup Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 08/09/13 11:22 AM
If that's true, it'd be nice! I still think it'll be in the low 80's.
Posted By: WRFinTX Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 08/14/13 01:09 AM
Ac went out last friday. Home at 7 and 88 in house...talk about no bueno. Freon leak. Disaster averted Saturday afternoon. 6 expensive pounds of 22 and all is well this week. Did I mention I love the gulf coast....just reminding myself.

Kelly I almost joined the cattle on Saturday afternoon.
Posted By: liquidsquid Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 08/14/13 01:12 AM
It is about 50 out right now and falling. Froze my rear off mowing tonight. It does NOT feel like August this year.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 08/14/13 02:45 AM
Originally Posted By: liquidsquid
It is about 50 out right now and falling. Froze my rear off mowing tonight. It does NOT feel like August this year.

Ditto here in Northern Indiana!
Posted By: Bob-O Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 08/14/13 03:09 AM
Supposed ta get down ta 47 early tomorrow. I'm sleepin in !!! Last yr we had 33 days in the 90s thru July and Aug. I used that as an excuse to do nothing. This yr it's too cold ta do anything. Man are we blessed !!
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 08/14/13 04:03 AM
Sure is just the opposite of last year isn't it Bob? I hope we don't have another summer like last summer for a while.
Posted By: esshup Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 08/14/13 04:37 AM
Be careful what you wish for. Just saw the local long range forecast. Heat and humidity will return for the end of August and stay thru early September.
Posted By: JKB Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 08/14/13 08:40 AM
I thought I saw a few snowflakes yesterday morning laugh

Windy and cold yesterday morning. Me in a t-shirt and in an outside elevated position for 4 hours. Burrrr! Had the heater cranked up all the way back to the shop.
Posted By: esshup Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 08/14/13 09:49 AM
47°F out now and I expect the temp to drop a few more degrees before the sun pops up.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Its going to be a HOT one. - 08/14/13 12:13 PM
Originally Posted By: esshup
Be careful what you wish for. Just saw the local long range forecast. Heat and humidity will return for the end of August and stay thru early September.

That may be the case but that late in the year it can't last as long as if it were July.
© Pond Boss Forum