Pond Boss
Posted By: catmandoo Historic Day - JHAP & DIED - 06/02/13 10:08 PM
JHAP (Jeff Has A Pond) and DIED (Dave In El Dorado) both posted today. It has been a long time since we've heard from either of you.

For friends new to the forum, these guys have been long time Pond Bossers who have brought a lot of knowledge and humor to the forum. Their ponds are in El Dorado county, in California.

I was beginning to worry that you two went off fishing together in the neighborhood, got snowed in somewhere near Donner Pass, and stumbled into a Dinner Party!

Glad to hear from both of you. You are both missed on the forum.

Give us an update of what is going on.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Historic Day - JHAP & DIED - 06/02/13 10:20 PM
Where is DIED's post?
Posted By: JKB Re: Historic Day - JHAP & DIED - 06/03/13 05:14 AM
Originally Posted By: Sunil
Where is DIED's post?

http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=337323&gonew=1#UNREAD
Posted By: dave in el dorado ca Re: Historic Day - JHAP & DIED - 06/03/13 05:47 AM
historic......unlikely, but thanks ken. i've missed you guys.

did jhap really post today as well for the first time in a while? that is an intriguing coincidence. i havent spoken to jhap for several months, but just had a voice in the back of my head telling me to check out pondboss today.....maybe my gold tooth was picking up GSF association encrypted radio waves or some such.......

i think about you guys alot but just havent been in a playing mood i guess. my pond is not in good shape, lack of water. i did stock 4 (hopefully all female) lmbs this spring to terrorize my little ones, but i fear the pond may not make it this summer. we had the driest january through april on record and my pond is down 4 feet already........on a normal year the current pond level is like august or september, and we just entered june with at least 5 months of no rain ahead...crap...

anyways, i also wanted to check in to see how the oklahoma pondbossers (and others) fared since the tornadoes, my thoughts were with all you guys potentially affected across several states.

bedtime. check back tomorrow some time.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Historic Day - JHAP & DIED - 06/03/13 10:17 AM
Dave, my pond is down about 8 ft. and I've had a kill. Due to exposed banks, it's a 4 ft. deep mudhole. Some fish have survived but it can't be called a viable pond. My enthusiasm is also hard to come by. I would need about 3 four inch rains and that ain't gonna happen.
Posted By: george1 Re: Historic Day - JHAP & DIED - 06/03/13 10:49 AM
Originally Posted By: dave in el dorado ca
historic......unlikely, but thanks ken. i've missed you guys.

did jhap really post today as well for the first time in a while? that is an intriguing coincidence. i havent spoken to jhap for several months, but just had a voice in the back of my head telling me to check out pondboss today.....maybe my gold tooth was picking up GSF association encrypted radio waves or some such.......

i think about you guys alot but just havent been in a playing mood i guess. my pond is not in good shape, lack of water. i did stock 4 (hopefully all female) lmbs this spring to terrorize my little ones, but i fear the pond may not make it this summer. we had the driest january through april on record and my pond is down 4 feet already........on a normal year the current pond level is like august or september, and we just entered june with at least 5 months of no rain ahead...crap...

anyways, i also wanted to check in to see how the oklahoma pondbossers (and others) fared since the tornadoes, my thoughts were with all you guys potentially affected across several states.

bedtime. check back tomorrow some tin me.

Dave, we have missed you - it worries me when my "virtual" friends disappear - good to hear from you and JHAP as well!
George
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Historic Day - JHAP & DIED - 06/03/13 02:59 PM
Hey, Dave, good to hear from you. I haven't been on in quite awhile, either, but you hadn't been posting since even before I was last on. Glad you're okay but really sorry to hear about your pond. Bummer.
Posted By: esshup Re: Historic Day - JHAP & DIED - 06/03/13 03:39 PM
Pssssstttttttttttt...... Todd.
SNAKE!! grin
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Historic Day - JHAP & DIED - 06/03/13 03:47 PM

It has been way, way too long my friend. Life has a way of de-railing my plans over the past year or so.

i think about you guys alot but just havent been in a playing mood i guess. my pond is not in good shape, lack of water.
It's good to see you posting again my friend. I rarely post any more either. I read the forums somewhat regularly but given that I have only been to my pond once in about 2 years I don't feel I have much to add conversations about ponds.

Keep posting Dave, I'd love to hear more about what's going on.

I will post more later. I have an appointment a few minutes.

All work and little play is making JHAP a rather dull person (yes I realize that CPAs are dull to begin with but lately I'm dull even by CPA standards.)
Posted By: dave in el dorado ca Re: Historic Day - JHAP & DIED - 06/03/13 05:31 PM
all work equals lots of pay though.....save up, i'll help you spend it grin
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Historic Day - JHAP & DIED - 06/03/13 11:19 PM
Originally Posted By: jeffhasapond
I read the forums somewhat regularly but given that I have only been to my pond once in about 2 years I don't feel I have much to add conversations about ponds.

Aw, buddy, don't stay away just because you can't contribute much about ponds. You never could contribute much before anyway!!! Remember your useful post count?!!! laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: rmedgar Re: Historic Day - JHAP & DIED - 06/04/13 12:05 AM
Dave and Jeff, good to hear from you guys. Keep us updated...
Posted By: JKB Re: Historic Day - JHAP & DIED - 06/04/13 12:20 AM
Originally Posted By: Todd3138
I read the forums somewhat regularly but given that I have only been to my pond once in about 2 years I don't feel I have much to add conversations about ponds.

Aw, buddy, don't stay away just because you can't contribute much about ponds. You never could contribute much before anyway!!! Remember your useful post count?!!! laugh laugh laugh

You don't do that either!

I am also going out.
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Historic Day - JHAP & DIED - 06/04/13 12:30 AM
I know. I don't even have a useful post count so Jeff's light years ahead of me! laugh
Posted By: dave in el dorado ca Re: Historic Day - JHAP & DIED - 06/04/13 01:22 AM
todd, i see you are 46 useful posts ahead of me...good goin buddy laugh
Posted By: ewest Re: Historic Day - JHAP & DIED - 06/04/13 02:00 AM
How are things with you guys ? Any new life experiences ?
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Historic Day - JHAP & DIED - 06/04/13 02:09 AM
todd, i see you are 46 useful posts ahead of me...good goin buddy laugh

Wow! I didn't even remember that I had ever qualified for starting a count like that! And I know you aren't talking about my frivolous post count, because I think it's around 3296! laugh
Posted By: dave in el dorado ca Re: Historic Day - JHAP & DIED - 06/04/13 02:17 AM
Originally Posted By: ewest

hey eric, wouldnt know where to begin. maybe a good place is that tom cruise just graduated VCU, i have some great pics i'll dig up and show here.....just to embarrass the young man, what are dads for?....they are pretty good. gotta go now, busy day tomorrow, will check back wed.
Posted By: ewest Re: Historic Day - JHAP & DIED - 06/04/13 02:16 PM
Congrats DIED ! Good luck to TC on his new journey.
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Historic Day - JHAP & DIED - 06/04/13 03:53 PM

Of course I do. It is currently hovering at 50.9 useful posts.

Took me forever but I finally cracked the 50 mark.
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Historic Day - JHAP & DIED - 06/04/13 04:04 PM
Originally Posted By: ewest

I wish I could say that I have had numerous adventures and life experiences but lately it's been all about the mundane day to day tasks that everyone encounters.
Posted By: esshup Re: Historic Day - JHAP & DIED - 06/04/13 05:00 PM
Since Tax season is behind us, have you been to the pond lately?
Posted By: Sunil Re: Historic Day - JHAP & DIED - 06/04/13 06:15 PM
VCU = Virginia Commonwealth University???

TC went far from home for his college.
Posted By: outdoorlivin247 Re: Historic Day - JHAP & DIED - 06/04/13 09:23 PM
Don't know you guys that well but love to see activity on forums...

I do remember reading a post from JHAP from the archives regarding poison ivy and his neighbor...
Posted By: Yolk Sac Re: Historic Day - JHAP & DIED - 06/05/13 12:50 PM
Originally Posted By: outdoorlivin247
Don't know you guys that well but love to see activity on forums...

Dave and Jeff are worth getting to know, even if it's only so that you don't accidentally, innocently make some seemingly benign statement that leads to offence.

As proof, I offer this thread:

http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=130982&page=1

You see, for all their seeming affability and creativity, these two suffer from what the most recent DSM Classification of Psychiatric Disease refers to as a "Fixed Delusion"

They both believe that Green Sunfish Are A Valuable Species In Pond Management.

According to DSM: "A delusion is a belief held with strong conviction despite conflicting evidence to the contrary."

I don't really understand the terminology, because it seems to me that if this delusion was "Fixed", then they would recognize the GSF for the pestilence that it is, but such is the world of psychiatry.

You can see what happened to Mortimer in the above thread, but be aware that JHAP can employ vicious measures that go far beyond mere violence. After a particularly trying exchange in which I was earnestly trying to make him see the error of his ways, he PM'd me a picture of him in his BCNCP, no doubt trying to intimidate me with his daunting physique. Unfortunately, my teenage daughter happened to be on my Pond Boss account at the time. I was considering legal action to remedy the situation, but she's been home from the Convent now for a few months and the electroconvulsive therapy appears to be working well. Of course, she still wanders around the house in her habit from time to time, muttering about "the Horror, the Horror", but overall I'd say she's doing fine.

Anyway, just wanted to put a caution out there, for all the innocent new members.

Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Historic Day - JHAP & DIED - 06/05/13 02:41 PM

Of course I do. It is currently hovering at 50.9 useful posts.

Took me forever but I finally cracked the 50 mark.

That's actually not bad. You have a 0.67% useful post count relative to your total post count. I think I'm around 0.073%, which is why I've always looked up to you as a giant among the useful posters here!
Posted By: Yolk Sac Re: Historic Day - JHAP & DIED - 06/05/13 03:05 PM
Originally Posted By: Todd
I've always looked up to you as a giant

You should have seen him in his BCNCP.
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Historic Day - JHAP & DIED - 06/05/13 04:07 PM
Damnit, I've seen the pictures! Stop encouraging him! This sort of talk is all it's going to take to get him off the shelf. He's going to return in a glorious blaze of fashion faux pas that will cause forum membership to drop by fully half! For the love of all that's right and good in the world, STOP, MAN! grin
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Historic Day - JHAP & DIED - 06/05/13 04:34 PM
Wow, thank you for reminding me. Cod Piece Warehouse is having a sale on their "Patriot Pieces", an LED enhanced red, white and blue number complete with a self raising flag pole.

I need to order it in time for my July 4th photo emailing to Yolk.
Posted By: Brettski Re: Historic Day - JHAP & DIED - 06/05/13 05:12 PM
Cod Piece Warehouse is having a sale on their "Patriot Pieces", an LED enhanced red, white and blue number complete with a self raising flag pole.

You may want to consider the Irish flag
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Historic Day - JHAP & DIED - 06/05/13 08:08 PM
Wow, thank you for reminding me. Cod Piece Warehouse is having a sale on their "Patriot Pieces", an LED enhanced red, white and blue number complete with a self raising flag pole.

I need to order it in time for my July 4th photo emailing to Yolk.

Aw, crap. He saw it. grin
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Historic Day - JHAP & DIED - 06/05/13 09:15 PM
Hey Yolk, you outdid yourself. That's a classic.
Posted By: ewest Re: Historic Day - JHAP & DIED - 06/06/13 03:11 AM
Just don't get grease on the flag pole !
© Pond Boss Forum