Pond Boss
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Violet turning 11 - iPad/iTouch? - 06/11/12 03:10 AM
Probably the wrong forum, but trust/value you guys, so thought I'd troll for guidance. My daughter, Violet, is turning 11 on Thursday. She's deserving of anything as she's a remarkable young lady, but I don't much about these or if any of my pond boss Dads have experience providing either one for their kids.

Any advice would be appreciated...as usual, my time is ticking and I need to pull the trigger on something, and fast.

Thanks in advance!

Posted By: rmedgar Re: Violet turning 11 - iPad/iTouch? - 06/11/12 03:50 AM
TJ, maybe add free texting or something like that to her phone plan. Anything to do with phones would be welcome I think.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Violet turning 11 - iPad/iTouch? - 06/11/12 04:07 AM
Good idea, she already has it and takes full advantage of that feature.
Posted By: esshup Re: Violet turning 11 - iPad/iTouch? - 06/11/12 05:22 AM
Get the extended warrantee. Kids are rough on electronics. My nephew goes thru a phone in less than a year and he's 18.
Posted By: Omaha Re: Violet turning 11 - iPad/iTouch? - 06/11/12 01:29 PM
TJ, what will she be using it for most? Games, reading, facebook, texting, etc.? You might consider the Kindle Fire. Tyler has one and it has basically all the features the iPad does at half the cost.

And yes, the insurance is a must!
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Violet turning 11 - iPad/iTouch? - 06/11/12 03:37 PM
Thanks Josh, half the cost is music to my ears.
Posted By: tranquility Re: Violet turning 11 - iPad/iTouch? - 06/11/12 06:45 PM
I would suggest the Kindle Fire also. Got my wife one for Christmas and she loves it. Basically not much difference IMO from an iPad and way cheaper. She has a ton of games and books on it and it's pretty neat.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Violet turning 11 - iPad/iTouch? - 06/11/12 07:46 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I see the Fire is coming out with a new version in September...may wait for that to launch.
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: Violet turning 11 - iPad/iTouch? - 06/11/12 09:05 PM
If you're going to wait til September, the iPad mini should be close to rollout. It's squarely aimed at the Fire.

Either are winners. iPad is loved by the kids, but the Fire is a heck of a reader. We have a big Kindle and a Fire, and couldn't be happier with them.

Do get the extended warranty.
© Pond Boss Forum