Pond Boss
Pond Boss family: Our David Willis is on the way to the Mayo Clinic. He has a clogged bile duct that needs repair and diagnosis.
He says he's remaining "neutral" until a diagnosis.
He's asking for support from our powerful prayer tree.
Please keep Dr. Willis in your prayers and thoughts.
When he communicates with me, I'll add to this thread.
Christ has risen!
Dr. Dave is in thoughts and prayers. We love him.
Get well soon Dave..
Dave - our thoughts and prayers for you.

Bob you know when etc ?
Dr. Willis will certainly be in our thoughts and prayers today.
Best of luck to you Dave, our prayers are with you.
Originally Posted By: adirondack pond
Best of luck to you Dave, our prayers are with you.

Likewise!
Please get well!Prayers a done deal!
We will keep you in our prayers this special day and from here on out. God bless you Dave.
We will keep you in our prayers this special day and from here on out. God bless you Dave.
Prayers sent from Indiana.
Prayers sent to you Dave. I am hoping all is well!
God bless you, Dave. Best wishes.
Special prayers Dr. Dave!
Same from here. FWIW: Mayo has some top notch people.
Prayers from MI for Dr. Dave and family.
Prayers from NC, get well Dr. Dave!
Prayer and all our positive thoughts headed your way Dave!
Oh goodness not what I wanted to hear pn this golorioua day but the prayers will help Dave. Keep us informed Bob.
Hudson family is sending our positive thoughts to you, Dave. Check in with us all soon please.
mayo clinic...best of the best...
sending well wishes and prayers from el dorado to you dr. dave.
Prayers are coming his way from us
Prayers from Nebraska Dr. Willis.
Well wishes and prayers are sent to you and yours Dave. Keep us all posted
Bob- thanks for letting us know. If he is going to be there for a while, let us know so we can maybe send some notes.

Dr. Dave -- get well soon.

Ken and Lynda
With you, Dave.
Prayers sent from WV.
Prayers for a very special Pond Boss friend.
Dave, we are praying for a speedy recovery! You and your family are very important to all of us!!
My prayers go out to you Dave
I hope all goes well Dave. Prayers headed your way...
Prayers
Prayers sent from the windy, Dave.
While they're in there, tell 'em to stay away from the otolith...we don't really wanna know
Dr. Dave, the power of prayer reaching out from Nebraska.
Prayers sent! Get well Dr. Dave!
Dave, Gail and I are thinking and praying for you. Get well soon. There is a lot of fish squeezing, fishing, and hunting to do!!
No updates on Doc?
Wow, I just saw this. More thoughts and prayers from Indiana on the way.
Dave always takes the time to respond on the occasion I ask him a NP in a pond question. I am praying your visit to Rochester, MN will be short.
Thanks, good friends from the pond boss family. I know the power of your prayers and thank you for them.

The bile duct is unplugged. So that is a relief. Diagnosis is bad, pancreatic cancer, but doctors were very excited that the tumor is isolated and can be removed. So, long term prognosis is actually very good. Thanks for those thoughts and prayers. :-)

Honestly, it's hard to be this open on a public forum, but you folks are all my friends.

Heading home in a few minutes!

Dave
Glad to hear you're on your way home and the doctors are on it. Continued prayers Dave.
Dave:

Good news about the unplugging, bad about the cancer, but good again that the tumor is isolated and can be removed. Get'er done soon. The faster it's out, the better off you will be.
Dave, thoughts and prayers are with you. Stay positive and you will beat it!
God works in Mysterious ways! Good news that the problem is isolated. Get home and rest, will keep you in our thoughts and continued prayers.
Im sorry for being late with this, but prayer sent. May he give you and your family the strength and confort you need in this trying time.
Dave, hang in there - early detection is on your side, along with the very best medical team on the planet.
You have total support and prayers my friend, from a long time member of the club that no one wants to join.
Hang in there Dave, with a positive attitude and the best medical care you'll beat it. I sound like George's echo. grin
Dave we are here to be called upon for help. You are not alone in this journey.
Intensified efforts coming your way.
Prayers from Central Illinois!
Dave, I will add you to my prayer list. You are in the best hands.

What a great group of family and friends!
Dave is home now and hopefully getting some rest.
Many more Prayers coming from here.
Dwight -- thank you so much for the update.

For all the years I've gotten Pond Boss Magazine, and been involved with the Pond Boss Forum - I've also gotten the many
Ag-related Jackrabbit publications that Dr. Dave has been such a big part of.

Just this past week I was again reminded, by an SDSU/Jackrabbit AG graduate of 1969, that we aren't as young as we were, but our "Dylan generation" is still very young at heart.

Dr. Dave -- get back to work! We need you.

Ken and Lynda
Originally Posted By: catmandoo

Dr. Dave has to focus on treatment right now, and I hope you, and all agree.

Pancreatic cancer treatment is something you do not want to start when your schedule is free.

Mayo Clinic is a good place, but this is the most difficult cancer to treat, even if it is found early. It spreads very rapidly to other organs.

I hope you do not think I am being insensitive in any way, but like a bunch of you, have dealt with cancer.
Hey Dave, thinking of you.
Thinking about you, Dave. Stay positive...
cry Not the news I wanted to hear... Be strong and stay positive! The mind is amazing on what it can do for your health when you stay positive. You will beat this!!!
Dave, you might be interested in ths program when you are able.
http://www.wfaa.com/news/health/reel-recovery-how-fishing-helps-cancer-patients-cope-146498875.html

PM if there is anyway I can be a fellow traveler on your rocky road to recovery.
George
Originally Posted By: JKB
Originally Posted By: catmandoo

Dr. Dave has to focus on treatment right now, and I hope you, and all agree.

I deeply apologize. Somehow I missed seeing Dr. Dave's posting with the results. And yes, I fully agree that focusing on treatment, right now, is extremely important.
In the last few years, advances in the treatment of various tumors have been incredibe, and having access to the Mayo Clinic speaks for itself. Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Dave.
Dave,

Love and prayers from the left coast.

Keep us posted when you can.

Jeff & Ricki
Seems I can scarcely think of anything else these past couple days, so I'm taking advantage of this opportunity with Dave on my mind. I believe our thoughts and intentions are capable of strongly influencing creation of our own, and other's, realities. With that in mind, I encourage everyone to envision a full recovery and a healthy and robust Dr. Dave at the Pond Boss conference with any free moment they find. This community can make it happen - I'm absolutely certain of it.
Agreed!
I'm in!
Originally Posted By: Dwight
I'm in!

Me too!

I am actually very optimistic since this was caught in the early stages. Twenty four years ago I had a malignant melanoma removed that would have likely done me in within a year and half if they had not caught when they did. I'm still here.
More prayers, please.
Dave heads back to the Mayo Clinic for surgery on Tuesday. He is mentally prepared and ready to go. I spoke with him a couple of days ago.
Pray for Dave, Susie, their family, the doctors and health care workers, please.
As we get updates, I'll post here.
Hang in their Dave, be strong! Here's to a quick recovery.
Prayers sent!
Bob - thanks for the update. Dave and family are in our daily thoughts and prayers.
Thanks again, guys. I am actually feeling pretty darn good. I regained a bunch of strength and am very ready to get this done next week. Still reading the PB Forum too, of course! :-)
More prayers from WV. We're pulling for you, Dr. Dave!
Will do Bob!

I know what PC really is! mad
Prayers haven't stopped. Dave, please give us a status report as soon as you can!
Originally Posted By: Dave Willis
...I regained a bunch of strength and am very ready to get this done next week...

My Pa is the most emotionally controlled and focused person I have ever known. The best advice he ever gave me was compartmentalization (is that even a word?). He puts all life situations in a compartment and only opens and works with the ones that are necessary for that particular space of time. All others are closed and off limits to his mind. Judgement and focus are sharpened and trained on the currently open compartment(s).

I wish and pray Dave the strength to compartmentalize.
Glad to hear you are going to Mayo for this. I don't think there is a better place in the world. Our family knows from experience going back to 1959 and extending to today.
Straight ahead, Doc! Straight ahead...
Encouragement , a positive attitude and the realization , for each of us , that no matter what happens tomorrow , next week , month or year all we can do is live today to the fullest. The future will be hear soon enough.
Positive thoughts are on the way! Actually, they never stopped.. smile
Still pulling for you.
Time to turn up the Positive Mental Vibes for Dave over the next day or so.
Originally Posted By: Sunil

Plugged in and on high reverb for Dave!!

Done!

Prayers sent Dr. Willis.
Every few minutes today, I'll be mentally picturing Dave teaching class for the Fall '12 semester, of course, after having fished all summer for smallies, pike, and musky.
Only positive thoughts here !!
We should get some All-Good news soon.
Now is the time to do the Positive Mental Vibes. Expect to hear this evening.
Perfect Sunil...keep picturing those images! I'm seeing him sampling NP, YP and BG out of Nebraska Sandhills lakes with students and relaxing with a cocktail after a long day of seining. Everyone, hop on board the positive train, please!
I am on board with the positive thoughts.
Me too!
I have some positive thoughts to share as well!
From Susie:

Dave is out of surgery and in recovery. They were very successful! Tumor out, good clear margins, no malignancy.

Prayers were answered today.
WONDERFUL
Such great news!!!!
Great news!
Let's have a toast!
Let's have a toast!

Great news smile

I'll hold one up from MI toward all you!
Wonderful, just wonderful!!!

Keeping the prayers going for a speedy recovery!
Thanks Dwight. Go Dave !!! Keep those positive vibes going !!!
Yee Haw!
modern science + Higher Authority x loved-one prayer and support =
(fill in the sum for me)

my sum: hope and a long strong future for our Doctor Dave
Great news!!
Whoo Hoo!!!

Here's to a quick recovery, and for many, many upcoming years of cancer free tests.
If you can't avoid tumor news altogether, that's the kind of news to get. Most sincere wishes for your uneventful recovery, Dave.
Absolutely awesome news! grin
We are very thankful for the good news about Dr. Dave. Alleluia Amen.
Wonderful news!! I didn't think this beautiful day could get any brighter, but it just did.
Excellent news and great work, everyone! Keep the positive vibes rolling...
Dr. Dave, just got home and got the good news - I was on the pond at first light this morning watching the sunrise - my prayers were with you one cast at a time!
George there is a deeper meaning in your post !

All any of us can do is live one cast at a time. Make each one count and enjoy the trip. smile
Outstanding news! Congrats on what is a huge blessing, Dave!
A fruit-type basket is to be delivered to Doc Willis today on behalf of the Pond Boss Forum.
Are you suggesting Dr. Dave is a fruit, or that the basket will contain fruit? Just askin'. grin
A little bit of both...

Now if we were talking about JHAP, it'd be all fruit, and a lot of basket, as in 'basket-case."
Thanks Sunil - he needs to gain some weight back.
You guys send him a card.

Dave’s address is Saint Mary’s Hospital, 1216 Second Street SW, Rochester MN 55902
Anybody heard how the good Doctor is doing?
Should be going home early next week (couple of days from now).
Susie called this morning.

It is going slow but steady. Probably won’t be out of the hospital until mid to late this week, then needs to stay in Rochester for a day or two.

No more tubes or medication through IVs.

Dave and Susie appreciate all the prayers and greetings.
Thanks for the update Dwight.
Dave just e-mailed saying he is heading home today. Sore but glad to be going home!
Great to hear!
I am very thankful, but not at all surprised. With the power of prayer and positive thinking I was convinced we'd have Dave back into the fold safe and sound in no time. Still, very thankful. Appreciate keeping us in the loop, Dwight.
Let's send him some cards.

Dave Willis

3321 Walnut Lane

Brookings, SD 57006
Ewest -- thank you very much for providing us contact info.
Awesome news! Thanks for posting, Dwight.
© Pond Boss Forum