Posted By: dennis mcclain My new fish bait - 03/30/12 02:28 AM
Fishing with gummy worms?
Google it, it's crazy
Posted By: Bing Re: My new fish bait - 03/30/12 07:40 PM
I bet they would work well for Swedish Fish
Posted By: catmandoo Re: My new fish bait - 03/30/12 08:10 PM
Originally Posted By: Bing
I bet they would work well for Swedish Fish

Oh! There is nothing like Swedish Fish. My absolute favorite Swedish fish is "surströmming!" Not all agree that it is wonderful, but I love it.

Quote:
Surströmming (pronounced [sʉ̌ːʂtrœmːɪŋ], Swedish "soured (Baltic) herring") is a northern Swedish dish consisting of fermented Baltic herring. Surströmming is sold in cans, which may bulge after prolonged storage, due to the continued fermentation. When opened, the contents release a strong and sometimes overwhelming odor, which explains why the dish is often eaten outdoors.

Unfortunately, because of TSA regulations, and other airline regulations, it can no longer be easily transported from Scandinavia to the US. For several years, I've been trying to figure out how to make surströmming with bluegill or small bass. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Time to go check the smoker! The dead pig is smelling pretty good! I sure love this time of year!

Enjoy dinner,
Ken

P.S. Only one more week, and we can enjoy Easter lipeäkala, (a.k.a. lutfisk (Swedish) (pronounced [lʉːtfesk] in Northern Norway, [lʉːtəfɪsk] in Central and Southern Norway, [lʉːtfɪsk] in Sweden and the Swedish-speaking areas in Finland (Finnish: lipeäkala)). It is a traditional dish of the Nordic countries and parts of the Midwest United States. It is made from aged stockfish (air-dried whitefish) or dried/salted whitefish (klippfisk) and lye (lut). It is gelatinous in texture, and has an extremely strong, pungent odor. Its name literally means "lye fish."
Posted By: Bing Re: My new fish bait - 03/30/12 08:19 PM
Cat: there are Swedish Fish and there are swedish fish. I was refering to this kind: http://nuts.com/chocolatessweets/gummies/gummy-fish/red-swedish-fish.html

Humor is pretty hard isn't it!
Posted By: Shorty Re: My new fish bait - 03/30/12 09:59 PM

laugh
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: My new fish bait - 04/01/12 12:22 PM
I gotta try that. I'll report after I do it.
Posted By: adirondack pond Re: My new fish bait - 04/01/12 01:31 PM
Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson1
I gotta try that. I'll report after I do it.

Let us know how much weight you gain. laugh
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: My new fish bait - 04/02/12 12:15 AM
I might but seldom eat sweets. I wonder what would happen if I used a pinch on a BG hook.
© Pond Boss Forum