Pond Boss
Posted By: CJBS2003 Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/18/12 04:09 PM
This evening my wife and I are heading to the hospital for her to be induced. This is going to be our first child and well, she doesn't want to cooperate and is a bit over due now. So, the doctors want to speed things up and induce her. I am sure with modern medicine there is little to worry about but... A little divine intervention can't hurt!

My wife and I are very excited about the new one coming along. For those who don't remember it seems like yesterday I was posting on here about popping the big question on my wife!
http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=13805&Number=165000#Post165000

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and prayers... I'll hopefully be posting pics of a healthy baby girl here in a day or two! My life is about to change, so I hear anyways! HAHA
Posted By: Rainman Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/18/12 04:17 PM
Prayers headed your way Travis!!!

Be prepared my friend...nothing in the world beats holding a daughter for the first time!!!
Posted By: NCMike Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/18/12 04:31 PM
Praying for you all! It will be the best day of your life!
Posted By: JKB Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/18/12 05:07 PM
Prayers and best wishes CJ smile

I am sure the Doc's know what they are doing.

Having a child must be the greatest experience one could imagine. I know my life would change.
Posted By: Greg Grimes Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/18/12 05:18 PM
CJ all will be just fine. Not a fan of the inducing labor part but you will soon be holding your gift from God. Can't wait to see the pictures.
Posted By: Bluegillerkiller Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/18/12 05:26 PM
My daughter just turned 1 last month.. I'm sure your wife will do great and your baby girl will too.. We had to induce on the first son still didn't want too come out so all 3 kids have been C-section.. These doctors know what's best for babies and moms these days.. Good luck and I hope all goes well..
Posted By: adirondack pond Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/18/12 05:52 PM
Our prayers and best wishes to your wife, daughter and you Travis, your probably more nervous than your wife.
Posted By: DMRBG Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/18/12 06:30 PM
We will keep you in our thoughts. I'm sure everything will be just fine. For calming thoughts, keep your mind on all of the future fishing trips and other great things to come with your new daughter. Start them young and make it fun!
Posted By: esshup Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/18/12 09:45 PM
Prayers sent for Mom, the baby and you. Let us know when you do.
Posted By: Omaha Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/18/12 10:36 PM
Prayers on the way Travis! Anxiously awaiting that first picture!
Posted By: CoachB Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/18/12 11:03 PM
Payers coming your way. I have two wonderful daughters and, as you can see from my profile picture, they are fishing fanatics! Looking forward to hearing about all of your adventures in the coming years.
Posted By: ewest Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/19/12 01:01 AM
Our thoughts are with you. Keep us updated !
Posted By: liquidsquid Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/19/12 01:03 AM
Prayers for you wife heading her way! Life changes so much with a pip-squeak. Be prepared for a 5 year lapse in getting anything done.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/19/12 02:19 AM
Hang on tight and enjoy it! You can tailgate in the delivery room.

Thoughts for you both (or all I should say)!

Let's see some baby pictures!!
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/19/12 03:04 AM
Travis,

I'm looking forward to the good news!
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/19/12 03:06 AM
Good luck, Travis! Prayers out to your family! Just remember, Grimes set the standard for baby pics so we'll expect some relative weight calculations!
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/19/12 10:02 AM
Inducing doesn't always work. I recently received a brand new Great Grandson. That's number 4 for me. The first time they induced, it didn't work. The Doc said that the little guy had his knees and elbows locked against the sides and was hanging on with fingernails and toenails to keep from leaving a warm comfy place. Two weeks later on the second attempt it did work.

My Father was a professional soldier and once told me that there were no atheists in a foxhole. I can assure you that there are no atheists in a delivery room.

Keep us posted. You won't be the first that we've sweated it out with.
Posted By: CJBS2003 Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/19/12 02:16 PM
A little update... Mom and baby are doing well, just baby hasn't come out yet. Had a little scare in the beginning when they first put the IV in, baby didn't like that and her heart rate crashed sending doctors and nurses flying around. Got things under control and we're into the second stage of induction. So for now it's lots of waiting for the medication to kick in and do its thing. So my wife is sleeping trying to relax and I'm trying to keep my mind off worrying myself sick.

Thanks for all the well wishes! It is much appreciated and why Pond Boss is what it is.
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/19/12 02:20 PM
Excellent. Hope all continues to go well.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/19/12 02:36 PM
Travis,

I hope your wife doesn't say what a friend of my wife's said to her husband when she was in labor pain. See turned to her husband and said, "This is your fault! I'm in a lot of pain here." You *&^^%!

Of course that was under duress. grin
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/19/12 02:56 PM
Make the best of whatever happens. It is a lot different than spawning fish.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/19/12 05:20 PM
Thanks for the updates!

Tailgating will help with your feelings of anxiety. Trust me....
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/19/12 05:47 PM
Originally Posted By: Bill Cody
Make the best of whatever happens. It is a lot different than spawning fish.

I'd respond to that but this is a family site! grin
Posted By: RC51 Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/19/12 06:40 PM
Good Luck Travis, hope all is going well!! Of course keep us posted. I remember my first boy Noah, it really didn't sink in until the nurse brought him back to us at 3 in the morning to feed him. I thought to myself, oh man this is a 24/7 job now!! smile Have fun the roller coaster ride is just starting to reach the top!!! smile

RC
Posted By: rmedgar Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/19/12 08:31 PM
Travis, a little late, but just wanted to send along my thoughts and prayers.
Everything is going to be just fine!!!
Posted By: Dwight Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/19/12 09:23 PM
This will pass and shortly after the fun part will begin!!!

The baby can sense positive thinking. Trust me.
Posted By: ewest Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/20/12 01:23 AM
Originally Posted By: Dwight
The baby can sense positive thinking. Trust me.

I agree - keep the faith and think positive - talk to the baby in hearing range.
Posted By: Dudley Landry Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/20/12 02:06 AM
RC51 is right, and then they hit their teens. ilovefishingmark had one a few years back, left the forum and never came back. I lost ability to communicate with him after a computer crash but think about him often.
Google "James Leininger" - one of those would be fun.
Thank God for dedicated and competent physicians, and then thank the physicians.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/20/12 02:34 AM
Yo T - waiting on update...we are all sending our positive thoughts your way. Envision a safe delivery and a beautiful little girl. Positive thinking is paramount - I agree 100% with the others. Can't wait to see the newest Pond Boss family member. What's master angler for Pond Boss babies? 7 lbs or 20"? I'll go with the over!
Posted By: Sunil Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/20/12 12:19 PM
We can't expect CJ to say to his wife...."Hun, I'll be back in an hour. I have to make a post on Pond Boss."

Wrong way to start the whole parenting thing.

BUT....Where's the baby!!!!
Posted By: adirondack pond Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/20/12 12:26 PM
He's probably out busting some drug runner, which is probably less stressful than being in the delivery room. grin
Posted By: CJBS2003 Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/21/12 01:01 AM
Well, we hit some rough spots along the way and the doctor finally decided a C-section would be the best option... So just before midnight last night, Miss Caroline Marie came into the world at 6 pounds even and 19.5" in length. She is the cutest baby ever, I guess maybe I am biased though. So far, she's healthy and happy so we're feeling very fortunate!

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers...

On the scale

One happy daddy!

My wife and Caroline

My father and I and Caroline

Posted By: Omaha Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/21/12 01:06 AM
Excellent Travis! And my unbiased opinion, that is a very cute baby you have there. Happy to see Mom, baby, and Dad doing well.
Posted By: ewest Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/21/12 01:14 AM
Congrats !!! Look what you have wrought. Take the time to enjoy the ride.
Posted By: highflyer Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/21/12 01:17 AM
Nothing beats holding her for the first time! Congratulations to all!
Posted By: Sunil Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/21/12 01:17 AM
So great!!!

Congratulations to you all!!!!!!!
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/21/12 01:29 AM
Tell your wife I said, "What took you so long?" whistle

Just kidding of course. Congrats Travis!

Looks like not only a child will be loved but a loving family. Nice to see!
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/21/12 01:45 AM
Outstanding, Travis! Congrats to you both on this life changing event! She is absolutely beautiful and it's wonderful to hear mom and baby are both doing well.
Posted By: rmedgar Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/21/12 01:50 AM
Great news. Congrats.
Posted By: sprkplug Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/21/12 02:08 AM
Congratulations! I remember those days very well. It hit me the most when we were leaving the hospital after the birth of our first one. We arrived at 2 a.m. as a couple, the same way it had been for years, and we left 36 hours later as a family. I'll never forget buckling that car seat in for the first time.

Enjoy each other!
Posted By: adirondack pond Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/21/12 02:15 AM
Congratulations to you Travis, your wife and little Caroline, enjoy some of the best time of your life, but try to get some sleep, your both gonna need it.

P.S.-- Have you thought about what your gonna say to the guys who come to date her. laugh
Posted By: Greg Grimes Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/21/12 02:17 AM
What a cutie you might just have to keep her. Congratulations to the new expanded family.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/21/12 02:22 AM
Good work Travis. C-sections were our perferred method...kinda like going through the drive through. Glad Mom and daughter are doing well, both are glowing!
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/21/12 02:25 AM

Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/21/12 10:16 AM
Congratulations to all Travis.

TJ, I like that.
Posted By: george1 Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/21/12 11:14 AM
Congratulations to you Travis and your entire family on the the birth of your daughter.
God's little gift from heaven!
Posted By: esshup Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/21/12 12:07 PM
Congratulations Travis! And give your wife my congratulations too. Lets see, you'll have little sleep in the next 6 months, then again in about 16 years. Better rest up in the meantime!

I can't believe that you don't have a picture of her on top of a yardstick to check her length. grin
Posted By: Dwight Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/21/12 12:28 PM
Yes, life is good, very good!!

Start saving for her first Corvette, college, and various helping hand(s) she will need along the way.

If you are very lucky she will avoid dating until after she has her doctorate.

When you consider that at some point you could have a young TJ or Sunil as a son-in-law..... I guess this is a little early to be talking about that. cry

Congratulations!!
Posted By: Sunil Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/21/12 01:47 PM
Get ready for the great meconium migration!
Posted By: esshup Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/21/12 01:56 PM
sick

I just had to go look it up. Thanks Sunil! wink
Posted By: Shorty Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/21/12 02:03 PM
Congrats Travis! cool
Posted By: CJBS2003 Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/21/12 03:37 PM
Thanks for all the warm wishes... We are all still doing great, minus the sleep of course.

Originally Posted By: Sunil
Get ready for the great meconium migration!

Up to diaper 7... The easiest way to describe it is tar!
Posted By: CoachB Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/21/12 03:45 PM
At 6 pounds, isn't that a master angler award? Congrats and welcome to the next wonderful phase of your life. It is never to early to put a fishing pole in her hand.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/21/12 03:54 PM
Yeah! The first diaper I ever changed was what I call the Great Meconium Migration of 2004.

LaBrea Tar Pits, it was!

I had to bail and ring the nurse in!
Posted By: blair5002 Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/21/12 04:18 PM
Congrats to you and your family! Hopefully she will enjoy the outdoors as much as you. Good times ahead my friend
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/21/12 08:14 PM
She is just shy of MA status, which is 7.5 lbs or 20" - but she more than makes up for it in cuteness IMO, which is a MA of another kind.
Posted By: esshup Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/22/12 12:06 AM
I think that if you used the Condello technique you could show her off better..... wink grin
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/22/12 12:36 AM
Life is wonderful with kids in your life.

Life is even better with grandkids in your life.

Enjoy them all while you can -- life moves fast.

Even when they throw up all over the backseat of your brand new car on I-95 South, you will still love them forever, and it will be an event to talk about with their children.

Life is great with kids.
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/22/12 12:50 AM
Or when you make the horrid rookie mistake of bouncing your new daughter right above your face just after she drank a bottle and she spits it up squarely into your mouth and you realize just how much you love your child when the thought to simply swallow crosses your mind (for just a split second right before you run to the sink to spit it out yourself!). Yeah, Ken is spot on. Kids, puke, pee, poop, crying, all that stuff is good material for later in life at properly embarrassing times!
Posted By: Omaha Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/22/12 04:22 AM
I recall as a kid I got sick this one time. Started vomiting and my mom tried to catch it with her hands for some reason. Always stuck out to me, the love that woman had for me. Never understood it until my son began puking in our living room years later and I walked him down the hall to the bathroom, with my hand cupped under his chin.
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/23/12 12:09 AM
Pretty amazing what parenthood does to a person, isn't it?!
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/23/12 12:35 AM
ENOUGH VOMIT!!! I apologize for bringing up the backseat subject. sick sick sick

Kids really are wonderful, and they grow up way too quick.

They get you out to coach their sports teams and run the snack bars -- while you meet other great parents.

You learn to turn a painful ear at a 5th grade violin concert -- yet, you know that there will be nothing more fun than years of front-porch bluegrass cloggings with fiddlin', a banjo, harmonicas, and a tuneless chorus -- all while a great fish fry is enjoyed!

I'm just extremely thankful that my youngest grand-daughter is again coming out this weekend to help transplant raspberries, move the three-week-old chicken peeps out of the basement to the front porch, plant more potatoes, and help fillet a bunch of crappie and blugill for a Saturday night neighborhood party!
Posted By: JamesBryan Re: Thoughts and prayers needed... - 03/23/12 01:47 AM
I know what ya mean Cat.

I have a 13 year old great nephew who just recently came to live in the area. He comes to my brothers house on weekends and evenings. (brother lives within walking distance, and his dad works alot of hours)My nephew Zach, comes over here every evening, and we usually go wet a line now that it's warm.He's a great kid.

My God I do not know what I'd do if he ever quit coming around.
© Pond Boss Forum