Pond Boss
Posted By: esshup Playoffs - 01/15/12 11:14 PM
AARRRGGGG!!!!!!!

The Packers better get their heads out of their butts or their season will be over.

Missed tackles, 3rd and long - rushing only 3 and still allowing a completion for the first down? Fumbles galore. It should be 20-3 at the half instead of 20-10.
Posted By: Sniper Re: Playoffs - 01/15/12 11:18 PM
I wish we had Manning in Dallas. He's taken some shots today and still comes out swinging.
Posted By: Omaha Re: Playoffs - 01/15/12 11:22 PM
Packers were getting very lucky before that hail mary to end the half. That fumble that wasn't called a fumble was huge. Cost NYG 7 points. My brother's a big Packers fan, living in Wisconsin, but I have to root for the Giants in this one. Would give my Niners homefield next week.

Eli is impressive under pressure for sure. He can still get rattled though and make poor decisions. I haven't seen much of that from Rodgers.

So I'm still riding high from the Niner win yesterday. Wish I had recorded it so I could watch it a few more times.

On another note, my wife hasn't talked to me since (Saints fan). laugh
Posted By: Sniper Re: Playoffs - 01/16/12 12:52 AM
Looks like Mr. Rodgers got rattled today.
Posted By: gallop Re: Playoffs - 01/16/12 12:54 AM
Holy moly
We (the packers) should have lost that game 50-3
Go niners
Posted By: Omaha Re: Playoffs - 01/16/12 01:09 AM
Too much time off for Rodgers? Not surprised they lost to the Giants, but the way they lost.

If it was up to the BCS the Packers would be in the Super Bowl.
Posted By: Omaha Re: Playoffs - 01/16/12 01:10 AM
Originally Posted By: gallop
Go niners

Yeah buddy!!!
Posted By: esshup Re: Playoffs - 01/16/12 01:22 AM
The Packers must have taken lessons from Chicago. They SUCKED!

I think the officials wanted them to win the way they were throwing calls and penalties in their favor. I don't even think the first string of the GB Packers showed up to the game.

It seems lately that every team that has done well in the regular season, and has had time off before the playoffs, tanks in the playoffs.
Posted By: Greg Grimes Re: Playoffs - 01/16/12 11:43 AM
The Pats took a break and man did they look good. I dont have a dog in this fight anymore but predict NE to win it all after watching game sat. Of course Giants beat my falcons and history shows beating falcons in playoff is spring board to the sueprbowl. Remember it is not neccesarily who is best team for season just who is best time in Jan. Omaha Niners game was one of the best games ever to watch when I did not care who wins.
Posted By: Sniper Re: Playoffs - 01/16/12 12:22 PM
The refs do not call playoff games the way regular season games are called. They let them "play" so to speak.

No segue. Back in the mid-eighties there was a great couple of Sports Illustrated lines about the Bears-LA Rams playoff game. The writer said, "you gotta understand what this means for the fans. If the Rams lose, so what, the fans grab some sushi on the way to the beach. If the Bears lose, it's back to WINTER." So it is with GB. Sorry about that.
Posted By: esshup Re: Playoffs - 01/16/12 04:21 PM
Yeah, but Chicago is used to having losing teams. Look at the Cubs! laugh

I grew up on the South Side of Chicago, so I can pick on them. wink
Posted By: Sniper Re: Playoffs - 01/17/12 01:09 PM
I grew up on the South Side of Chicago, so I can pick on them.

Yeah, I spent fourteen years there in the 'burbs. I know who da Hawk be.
Posted By: esshup Re: Playoffs - 01/17/12 04:56 PM
I could ride my bike to Marquette Park or Midway Airport to watch the planes. No barrier fences then, just chain link and blast diverters at the end of the runways.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Playoffs - 01/17/12 07:39 PM
It all depends on how motivated they are on any given day.

Remember the old saying; It's not the size of the dog in the fight but the fight in the dog that wins.
Posted By: Sniper Re: Playoffs - 01/17/12 10:27 PM
Out of the 32 NFL teams, there are only about four or five elite quarterbacks that play well most every game. The only one I see left is Tom Brady. I would have to put my money on him and the Pats to take it all.
Posted By: Omaha Re: Playoffs - 01/17/12 10:33 PM
Pats are the one team I don't want to go to the SB. I prefer to see a defense in the big game instead of a 5000 yard passer.
Posted By: Sniper Re: Playoffs - 01/17/12 11:25 PM
There is NO defense for a perfectly thrown pass. Ask the Broncos who had a pretty good defensive squad.
Posted By: Omaha Re: Playoffs - 01/18/12 01:09 AM
I know. I certainly love to see some scoring, yards and big plays too. But it was too much this season. Outrageous scoring and yards. What, two QBs broke Marino's record that stood since '84, in the same season? Defenses are handcuffed now and this has resulted in inflated numbers. 300 yards used to be a great game. These guys eclipse that nearly every week. How much longer till we have guys putting up Arena Football numbers? I understand that touchdowns put fans in the seats. Guess I'm more of a purist than I thought I was.
Posted By: CJBS2003 Re: Playoffs - 01/18/12 05:40 AM
Life long GIANTS fan! Gonna be the '07-'08 season all over again...
Posted By: jludwig Re: Playoffs - 01/18/12 05:44 AM
Its a good time to be a Giants fan! They are playing great and full of confidence.
Posted By: Omaha Re: Playoffs - 01/18/12 01:18 PM

Posted By: esshup Re: Playoffs - 01/18/12 03:01 PM
Pretty soon it'll be flag football.

Personally, I think they should get tougher on the blatant illegal things (like stomping someone on the ground) but get away from the petty stuff.

Come on, when you're making millions of dollars a year, what's a $20 to $50 thousand dollar fine going to do? If the player is suspended for a few games, do they lose their pay for those games?
Posted By: Dwight Re: Playoffs - 01/18/12 04:45 PM
I foresee the Patriots and the Giants winning this weekend. I could be wrong though grin
Posted By: Omaha Re: Playoffs - 01/18/12 04:58 PM
I sure hope you're wrong about this one Dwight! grin
Posted By: Sniper Re: Playoffs - 01/20/12 12:29 AM
Originally Posted By: Omaha
I know. I certainly love to see some scoring, yards and big plays too. But it was too much this season. Outrageous scoring and yards. What, two QBs broke Marino's record that stood since '84, in the same season? Defenses are handcuffed now and this has resulted in inflated numbers. 300 yards used to be a great game. These guys eclipse that nearly every week. How much longer till we have guys putting up Arena Football numbers? I understand that touchdowns put fans in the seats. Guess I'm more of a purist than I thought I was.

It was primarily to protect the quarterback, and rightly so. Troy Aikman and Steve Young have over 20 concussions between them. It's not right to put them (QB's) at further risk.
Posted By: jludwig Re: Playoffs - 01/20/12 12:33 AM
It was make the league score more. It started with the Brady and Palmer when they got hit below the knees and wore their ACLs. Now its spread to the WR's.
Posted By: Omaha Re: Playoffs - 01/20/12 01:39 AM
Originally Posted By: Sniper

It was primarily to protect the quarterback, and rightly so. Troy Aikman and Steve Young have over 20 concussions between them. It's not right to put them (QB's) at further risk.

I agree to a certain extent, but it's spread to other positions as jludwig noted. And QBs are still football players. While I do believe some regulation to protect the QBs was necessary, I also believe they put more weight on higher scoring offenses (higher ratings). Probably accomplished this too.
Posted By: jludwig Re: Playoffs - 01/20/12 01:45 AM
Just remember the outcry after LSU-Bama game (1st one), the majority of fans found the game boring. I thought it was a great game but I appreciate that style of football. I could not turn the game away to an offensive showcase which the score ended up being 52-45. I preferred the 9-6 game. I guess I am in the minority. I also like a good 0-0, 1-0, or 2-0 baseball game.
Posted By: Omaha Re: Playoffs - 01/20/12 01:55 AM
I don't mind the defensive battles at all. They're more edge of your seat type games. Too many of the shootouts end up being one sided though.

On the other hand, the Baylor-Washington and Stanford-Okie State games were pretty entertaining. Only because they were close.

I guess my gripe pertains to what the new rules have created. Most notably poor tackling.
Posted By: CJBS2003 Re: Playoffs - 01/23/12 03:58 AM
GIANTS are going to the Super Bowl! 2008 all over again... Down with the Pats and their pretty boy QB!
Posted By: Omaha Re: Playoffs - 01/23/12 04:07 AM
So angry with how we lost that game. I might not even watch this Super Bowl.
Posted By: CJBS2003 Re: Playoffs - 01/23/12 04:11 AM
Oh, don't be a sore loser... Heck, I generally only watch the Super Bowl for the commercials anyways! HAHA
Posted By: esshup Re: Playoffs - 01/23/12 05:53 AM
I really, really was hoping that the Patriots wouldn't make it.

Now, I have a feeling that they'll win it.
Posted By: CJBS2003 Re: Playoffs - 01/23/12 09:16 AM
I was hoping it would be a GIANTS Raven match up so the GIANTS could avenge their last Super Bowl loss to them. I'll gladly take the GIANTS beating up on New England again though...
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Playoffs - 01/23/12 10:49 AM
I feel badly for Billy Cundiff.
Posted By: Sniper Re: Playoffs - 01/23/12 12:26 PM
Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson1
I feel badly for Billy Cundiff.

How about the guy who had the ball stripped in the end zone? He scores and Cundiff is not needed.

Actually, I thought both games were a little sloppy.

Giants were 9-7 in the season. Huh? Packers last year were 9-6? Sounds like college bowl game records. Must be parity in the league.

I do like the two QB's in the SB. Should go to the wire.
Posted By: jludwig Re: Playoffs - 01/23/12 01:36 PM
The Super Bowl will be a good game. I really wanted to see brother vs. brother.
Posted By: Dwight Re: Playoffs - 01/23/12 01:42 PM
Be happy and enjoy the day. It is just a game.
Posted By: Omaha Re: Playoffs - 01/23/12 02:01 PM
I'll admit I'm not handling it well. I hate losing the way both Baltimore and SF did. To have both games, but especially the one I had a rooting interest in, decided the way they were after these players played so hard for 3 hours. Kinda makes you sick. I know it happens all the time. But a heart just sinks when you've invested so much in a team and it ends like that. I'll get over it, but it might take a while.
Posted By: esshup Re: Playoffs - 01/23/12 02:29 PM
I'll admit I'm not handling it well. I hate losing the way both Baltimore and SF did. To have both games, but especially the one I had a rooting interest in, decided the way they were after these players played so hard for 3 hours. Kinda makes you sick. I know it happens all the time. But a heart just sinks when you've invested so much in a team and it ends like that. I'll get over it, but it might take a while.

Look on the brite side, at least you don't have to change your signature for a month! laugh
Posted By: Omaha Re: Playoffs - 01/23/12 02:33 PM
Originally Posted By: esshup

Look on the brite side, at least you don't have to change your signature for a month! laugh

This is true. However, on my other forum I'm sporting a Minnesota Gopher. Can't wait to take that down next week!
Posted By: RC51 Re: Playoffs - 01/23/12 03:29 PM
Both teams are there because the other 2 teams made some stupid mistake at the end and gave it to them. Wow that's something to be proud of. This just may be the lowest rating SB on TV ever. Of course that's coming from a Packer Fan! smile
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Playoffs - 01/23/12 04:26 PM
Like Dwight, I slept just fine last night. If I have a chance to do something outdoors, I'll skip the Super Bowl no matter who is playing. I'm a lousy spectator and will skip any sporting event to go fishing or hunting.
Posted By: esshup Re: Playoffs - 01/23/12 04:34 PM
Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson1
Like Dwight, I slept just fine last night. If I have a chance to do something outdoors, I'll skip the Super Bowl no matter who is playing. I'm a lousy spectator and will skip any sporting event to go fishing or hunting.

Ditto Dave!

RC51, what the heck happened to them? (GB) I'm really not interested in the SB after their loss.
Posted By: Sniper Re: Playoffs - 01/24/12 03:13 PM
Here's something to cheer up you Packer fans.

Attached picture pack-bar.jpg
© Pond Boss Forum