Pond Boss
Posted By: TJohnson Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/13/12 03:55 AM
We have had Bigfoot sightings all over the area for over 5 years now. We have seen researchers from a couple different universities and my dad talked to a film crew from Australia last summer that was parked on the edge of our field filming. There has been enough attention that the folks at Animal Planet took notice. All the neighbors are going to be on Finding Bigfoot this Sunday!

Finding Bigfoot

I grew up right in the middle of the area where the sightings are and know a lot of the people in the video. And I know that a lot of them are doing some serious BSing. Some of them really are true believers though!

I've always wondered where they find the characters for some of these reality shows and now I know! It should be fun too watch.

Any odd sightings around other ponds?
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/13/12 04:11 AM
Finally, fellow Sasquatch Pond Boss believers!
Posted By: jludwig Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/13/12 05:11 AM
There is a yearly Bigfoot festival in southeast Oklahoma.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/13/12 05:27 AM
One time I sighted a guy at my pond who believed in Bigfoot.
Posted By: FullCircleTx Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/13/12 05:43 AM
Some in my family have been mistaken for them...
Posted By: CJBS2003 Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/13/12 07:58 AM
I hit a chupacabra with my police car last night. I got out to put him down with my service gun. I got on the radio to tell my supervisor I would be discharging a round to put a chupacabra down. And wouldn't you know it, it sprang to life and ran off before I could shoot him. Now I am sitting at home on admin leave waiting for a mental health eval from the county shrink!
Posted By: JKB Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/13/12 12:18 PM
laugh laugh laugh

All we got by the pond are ducks. Don't they ever sleep?
Posted By: sprkplug Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/13/12 12:31 PM
Originally Posted By: CJBS2003
I hit a chupacabra with my police car last night. I got out to put him down with my service gun. I got on the radio to tell my supervisor I would be discharging a round to put a chupacabra down. And wouldn't you know it, it sprang to life and ran off before I could shoot him. Now I am sitting at home on admin leave waiting for a mental health eval from the county shrink!

It's just as well. El Chupacabras tough hide makes them highly resistant to projectile based weaponry. You need something packing a high frequency plasma burst to put one down for good.

Let me know, I'll hook you up. And, I can supply the name of a taxidermist who knows how to remain silent.....and capture the iridescent sheen on the bony plates along the back. They fade quite a bit after death, you know... whistle
Posted By: Sunil Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/13/12 01:34 PM
Originally Posted By: CJBS2003

Keep an eye out for real thick, dark, bristley hairs growing on your neck. I've heard it's a side effect of chupacabra sightings.
Posted By: Dwight Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/13/12 01:37 PM
I have a surgical boot that leaves that size of foot print. I will look for the photo.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/13/12 01:40 PM
My wife has bigger feet than me. She's the big foot of the family. At least she doesn't wear the pants in the family!
Posted By: Bing Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/13/12 01:52 PM
[/quote] Keep an eye out for real thick, dark, bristley hairs growing on your neck. I've heard it's a side effect of chupacabra sightings. [/quote]

I must have seen one, got that in my ears!
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/13/12 02:09 PM
I regularly see a big dark grey furry creature in our yard, and he has spooky looking eyes that glow yellow the dark.

But, it is just our 20 lb., long-haired cat named "Fuzzball."
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/13/12 02:13 PM
There's a legend that says some Bigfeet were having a picnic at their pond and sighted a Dwight.
Posted By: RAH Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/13/12 03:31 PM
My 16 year old son has size 16 feet. No way to tell if he has been walking around or a yeti.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/13/12 03:50 PM
Originally Posted By: Bruce Condello
There's a legend that says some Bigfeet were having a picnic at their pond and sighted a Dwight.

I hereby nominate Dwight to be "Most Likely To Be Confused As Bigfoot."
Posted By: Brettski Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/13/12 04:13 PM
This is further supported by the enormous amounts of TP that Bigfoot is known to use
Posted By: sprkplug Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/13/12 04:49 PM
"I think there's a squatch in these woods"

"And he's taking a ??????"
Posted By: Dwight Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/13/12 04:57 PM

Posted By: esshup Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/13/12 05:02 PM
Dwight, it looks like you are leaking a bit. They'll be able to tell by the DNA that you leave behind.

But then again, with a foot like that, Dwight could be in disguise all the times we see him, and that's the real bigfoot coming out!
Posted By: Sunil Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/13/12 06:02 PM
Why do I feel like eating Venison Pastrami?
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/13/12 06:22 PM
Originally Posted By: Sunil
Why do I feel like eating Venison Pastrami?

I've got some fresh headcheese made with tongues and feet I can send your way.

I'm afraid Dwight just ain't right! As I think about it, I'm not so sure about Sunil. sick
Posted By: Sunil Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/13/12 07:08 PM
It's the purple-ish color.
Posted By: esshup Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/13/12 07:11 PM
Ken, you got my mailing address?
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/14/12 03:42 AM
Some of Dwights old school photos that scroll look like a cross between Chong and a bad-arse Squatch. Classic.

When film at 11 shows me emerging from the forest on the shoulders of a Sasquatch everyone on this forum is going to owe me a handwritten letter of apology and a package of beef jerky.
Posted By: ewest Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/14/12 02:04 PM
We had some bigfoot activity around the ponds. Several of us noticed big human like tracks around. We started wondering what was going on. A few weeks later come to find out one of the crazy cousins bought a pair of foot like boots (they leave a human type prints the size of the boot). blush
BIG FOOT????? and you guys think I'm silly talking about SHTF.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/14/12 02:41 PM
Robots are the real concern of the future. They thrive on the medications of senior citizens, you know.
Posted By: JamesBryan Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/14/12 02:42 PM
Wow, going on 2 pages and no threats of moderation......
Posted By: sprkplug Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/14/12 02:50 PM
Easy now... we all remember where the last "silly" reference landed us shocked

In deference to the OP of this thread, and TJ for that matter, let me go on record and say that I have been interested in Fortean subject matter for a long time. Including Bigfoot.

I have always been a believer. However, I personally feel that if nothing conclusive appears in the next 5 years or so, then I may be forced to admit that I was wrong. In this day and age, with the advancements made in digital image capturing devices, coupled with the sheer number of people caught up in the BF craze, proof must be shortly forthcoming, if it exists at all.

The BF believers community is awash right now with stories of impending proof, supposedly to be released in the not so distant future. We shall see.

I want to believe alright, but I'm getting to the point that something other than a blurry photo, or piece of film, or hundreds of plaster casts, will be required to convince me.

And no, I don't have a mounted Chupacabras hanging on my wall. I plead the fifth on the plasma burst energy weapon, however.
Posted By: sprkplug Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/14/12 03:08 PM
Uh-Oh... the Men-In-Black just showed up. Knew I shouldn't have mentioned the plasma weapon. Quick, somebody save this thread to their hard drive before they del
Posted By: sprkplug Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/14/12 03:11 PM
Hi, my name's Tony, just found the site, looks great!

I think I will be right at home here, matter of fact it feels like I've been here already! That's all for now, got a terrible headache.

Oh, and I like HBG.
Posted By: esshup Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/14/12 03:47 PM
Welcome Tony! Do you know anything about small engines?

I believe in aliens (not the illegal kind ;)), and the theory that there is other intelligent life on other planets. And subscribe to the theory that there is a very good possibility that they've visited this planet in the past.
Posted By: RAH Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/14/12 03:54 PM
Do you have a foil helmet in the closet?
Posted By: Dwight Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/14/12 03:55 PM
Originally Posted By: esshup
Welcome Tony! Do you know anything about small engines?

I believe in aliens (not the illegal kind ;)), and the theory that there is other intelligent life on other planets. And subscribe to the theory that there is a very good possibility that they've visited this planet in the past.

A couple of them subscribe to the forum. Many have been documented on the " X Files".
Posted By: sprkplug Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/14/12 04:39 PM
Intelligent alien life? Heck yeah. When set against the almost unlimited number of galaxies in the universe, each of which is filled with an almost unimaginable number of star systems?

I believe the odds are for, rather than against.
Posted By: JamesBryan Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/14/12 05:16 PM
Very interesting Esshup....my take, Maybe we are the fish in the fishbowl, thinking our little world is all that exists? Even though we can see past the water and glass, and see "distant lights", but consider it ludicrous that it may mean the "someone is home".

Posted By: esshup Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/14/12 06:14 PM
Originally Posted By: RAH

Nope. It doesn't do any good keeping it in the closet, I can't get to it quick enough. laugh

James and Tony, I think you've both hit it.

Remember, the earth used to be flat!
Posted By: RAH Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/14/12 06:43 PM
Can't rule it out, but I tend to need some kind of evidence other than crop circles. What would intellegent life want with us?
Posted By: sprkplug Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/14/12 07:59 PM
Originally Posted By: esshup
Originally Posted By: RAH

Nope. It doesn't do any good keeping it in the closet, I can't get to it quick enough. laugh

James and Tony, I think you've both hit it.

Remember, the earth used to be flat!

And, heavier-than-air-flight a complete scientific impossibility, proven mathematically by several of the best minds of the late 19th, very early 20th centuries.

Until a couple of bicycle mechanics from Ohio proved the academics wrong.
Posted By: RAH Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/14/12 08:02 PM
Maybe they were aliens?
Posted By: FullCircleTx Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/14/12 08:09 PM
Given that we are still discovering new species on Earth (re., the new snake in Tanzania)

http://www.sci-tech-today.com/news/New-S...id=030002Z7HFZO

I am not willing to rule out additional new (to us) species here nor life out there....
Posted By: Sunil Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/14/12 08:57 PM
Speaking of aliens, did anyone see the new remake of The Thing?
Posted By: sprkplug Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/14/12 09:11 PM
Not yet, but I will.

I thought John Carpenter's remake, back in the eighties, was cool. I can only imagine what the new one will be like.

My favorite line from that film:

"What the he77 is that in there?"
"I dunno', but it's weird and pi**ed off!"
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/15/12 01:35 AM
Original Thing is one of the only movies to genuinely scare the bejesus outta me. Can't wait to see the remake.

Don't get me started on aliens...

Or Atlanteans.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/15/12 01:45 AM
I didn't know John Carpenter's one was a remake. His version is one of my top ten movie favorite of all times.

Such great lines in it!

The ones when the two dudes were tied to the couch and they were doing blood tests....when everything settled down? Gary, I think was the character.
Posted By: JamesBryan Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/15/12 01:48 AM
Ever seen the Boggy Creek Monster flick? I saw it when I was very young at the drive in. Scared me, because it reminded me of the house I grew up in. Surrounded by timber, and swampy areas by the river we lived within 1/4 mile from. Watched a bit of it online a while back, seemed kinda corny.
Posted By: sprkplug Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/15/12 02:09 AM
Who played the creature in the original 1950's version of "The Thing" known then as "The Thing From Another World"?

James Arness, of "Gunsmoke" fame.

Sunil, Carpenter's remake, even today, has to be one of the most suspenseful horror films of all time. It kicks your imagination into overdrive. One of my favorites, too.
Posted By: sprkplug Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/15/12 02:12 AM
Originally Posted By: JamesBryan
Ever seen the Boggy Creek Monster flick? I saw it when I was very young at the drive in. Scared me, because it reminded me of the house I grew up in. Surrounded by timber, and swampy areas by the river we lived within 1/4 mile from. Watched a bit of it online a while back, seemed kinda corny.

Seen it??

James, it has it's own shelf in my DVD cabinet. By the way, it's being remade also...
The new movie is suppose to be a prequel of what happened before the alien reached the American camp.
Posted By: JamesBryan Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/15/12 03:28 AM
Hey sprk, remade? When's it posed to be done any idea? I think I might just google it and watch it tonight....sitting here by the window where a hairy arm can come crashing in.
Posted By: sprkplug Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/15/12 03:41 AM
No idea on the release date... It is tentatively titled "Boggy creek, the legend is true" More of an offshoot than a remake I think.

Sounds like a straight-to-dvd-release, at least to me.
Posted By: JKB Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/15/12 03:52 AM
You guy's watch too much TV.

I wasted some time last week watching a show called "Piranha" crazy

It was very seriously stupid, and avoid it at all cost's! That is time you will never get back.

When the credits rolled, something about Michigan came up. No wonder it was a POS!

I think Miss Oklahoma should win!
Originally Posted By: JKB
You guy's watch too much TV.

Thank's for the warning, I'm glad someone is looking out for our viewing pleasure. whistle
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/15/12 04:24 AM
I did not know the new Thing was about the Norweigan scientist camp prior to Kurt Russell and the gang found the dog. I can't imagine how long it took to create those aweseome effects using their limited technology. The acting on that movie too was top notch and one of my favorite scenes was the reaction when the blood jumped and they are all tied to the couch like Sunil mentioned? How about Wilfred Quaker Oats guy who's sequestered in the shed who builds his own spacecraft? "Guys, I'm feeling much better now and I'd like to come out." Creepy - I knew something was wrong with that dude. I should see this again before seeing the Prequel.
TJ I think that creepy music really helped the weird happenings, great movie.
They just showed a review of the new movie "The Grey", it looks pretty good, even though it's about that silly subject of Survival. grin
Posted By: sprkplug Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/15/12 04:46 AM
"So the Norwegians find this thing, cut it out of the ice, and take it back to camp. They thaw it out, it wakes up, probably not in the best of moods...."

Classic. Bring on the prequel!
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/15/12 05:08 AM
Nice call, love it! I'd have to say KR's finest film, followed closely by "Overboard"
Posted By: Sunil Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/15/12 02:27 PM
Overboard!!??? Surely you jest!

Escape from New York is not too shabby, although a tad bit cheesy.
Posted By: RAH Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/15/12 03:52 PM
How about Stargate?
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/15/12 06:15 PM
I jest, but not totally. Overboard is actually a super funny movie, all cheese aside - and Goldie Hahn was hot in those days. If you dont' recall, Goldie's character was a rich woman who treated him like an animal when he was doing some carpentry work for her - and when he finds she has fallen off her yacht and has total amnesia he decides he can get some payback and makes up a story how she was his wife and mother to a bunch of crazy undisciplined kids. I like the movie because it makes no apologies for him getting even - and falling for her in the process. Of all the romantic films ever made it's the one of the only ones I could stomach. I mistakenly thought perhaps my kids could watch the movie as it's somewhat family themed and rated PG - but forgot how bad the language was back in the 70's and 80's and we had several "oh crap" moments until I finally had to shut it down. Guess that's what I get for watching the "unrated" version...

I would definitely rank Escape up there, too.
Hey TJ another good movie for kids is "the Goonies", my grandkids rediscovered it last year when I showed them a tape of it.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/15/12 06:32 PM
My kids really enjoyed Three Amigos, one of my all time favorites. They also enjoyed Trains Planes and Automobiles and I completely forgot about the car rental desk exchange with Steve Martin. I was laughing so hard I completely forgot my kids were in the room. You can only censor so much...
John Candy was good in that flick, also Uncle Buck, and Great Outdoors.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/15/12 09:06 PM
Goonies and Planes, Trains....good flicks!
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/16/12 12:13 AM
Aw Geeze! My brother called earlier today. I didn't realize that these BF sitings were just west of our family homestead where some of our cousins still live. The show won't come on until my bedtime, and when I leave for work in the morning, I won't be home until late Wednesday night when I can hopefully watch it from my DVR.

The names associated with this are all way too close. My brother figures the sitings were one of our hulking lumberjack cousins coming off a three day bender. Some of our cousins are big and hairy, and they don't bathe very often.

We joked that maybe this is why the Moose Lake area was home to the region's largest mental health facility for about a century.
I figured out how to find big foot, put a tv in the woods and play episodes of finding bigfoot, be very quiet and when you hear loud laughing go to the site and there he'll be, rolling on the ground in stitches. laugh

Just proves there are more people doing drugs than you think. grin
Posted By: CJBS2003 Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/18/12 05:47 AM
Hey, they just discovered the world's smallest vertebrate... A frog that averages 0.3" as an adult. I mean a 6'-11' tall beast surely has to be harder to find than a 0.3" frog that hides in the leaves.

With all the crazy redneck hunters that will shoot anything that moves, not a one of them has ever been able to shoot a big foot. Yup, there is definitely a big foot or two running around North America.
Posted By: jludwig Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/18/12 05:51 AM
CJBS,

You forgot some things that do not move.
Posted By: sprkplug Re: Bigfoot sightings near the pond.. - 01/18/12 01:03 PM
Of particular relevance to this discussion, was the announcement last month, of a new species of primate, discovered in Myanmar. A species of snub-nosed monkey, dubbed Rhinopithecus Strykeri. Naturally, its existence was no surprise to the people living in close proximity to it, yet the stories were scoffed at by academia.

In 1992 the discovery of the Vu Quang ox, in Vietnam, rocked the scientific world. A previously unknown mammal, making its scientific debut in the latter half of the 20th century? If that wasn't embarrassing enough, two years later the Giant Muntjac Deer was "discovered" by science, also happily living out its existence in Vietnam.

All three of these species were well known to the people indigenous to their respective areas, but were brushed aside by those who were convinced of the infallibility of modern science.

They were also quite larger than 0.3".

I'll save the discovery of the Giant Mountain Gorilla, and that darling of the cryptozoological world, the coelacanth, for another time.
© Pond Boss Forum