Pond Boss
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Anybody here deal with prostate issues? - 12/26/11 02:50 PM
I've been to my doctor for prostate issues with all the usual annoying symptoms like frequent urination, getting up several times during the night etc.

He's started me on a strong antibiotic and something to relieve the symptoms as a start, and then if that doesn't work (doesn't seem to work) I'll be seeing a urologist and hopefully not, but potentially surgery. Hopefully I'm not dealing with the 'C' word.

Just wondering if any of you have dealt with this issue. If you prefer you can PM me.
Cecil, I just tried to PM you but got the message "user not found". Check your profile to see if you can accept PMs.
Cecil, never mind. I had left a space between the "d" and the "1" of your name. Removing the space let the message through.
Been there and done that Cecil. I've been on the 6 month prostate cancer watch list for about 4 years but am not worried about it. The biopsy is a real character builder.

Without a PSA test and finger wave, the Doc isn't worried about cancer.

Prostate cancer is about the slowest growing of the cancers. They sometimes tell older men that it is slow enough that they could die of old age before the cancer spreads and gets them. The trick is to get tested annually and to keep aware of any issues.

You probably have an infection or a spastic bladder.
Cecil -- it is just one of those things in a man's progression from childhood to geezerdom. It fits right in with growing facial hair, voice change, puberty, gray hair/balding, stiffness in places where you don't want to be stiff, etc.

This is a good time of year to be on the anti-biotic for this condition. The tablets make you very susceptible to sunburn.

I don't think I'd worry too much about the "C" word. My father was the last one I knew who "kind-of" died from it. That was over 35 years ago when things were a whole lot little different. He actually died from an indirect cause that wouldn't happen with today's medical procedures.

I'm sure you doctor will tell you to drink lots of water, and stay away from excess caffeine. You may have to negotiate with your wife for the other thing your doctor will probably tell you that helps prevent these problems.

Ken
Posted By: Sniper Re: Anybody here deal with prostate issues? - 12/26/11 07:45 PM
Anybody here deal with prostate issues?

Yes, any male here over 50.
Posted By: rmedgar Re: Anybody here deal with prostate issues? - 12/26/11 07:53 PM
"Anybody here deal with prostate issues?"

You better believe it, every time I lay down on the floor, I have
a terrible time getting huh, what, oh I see, uh never mind...
Posted By: JKB Re: Anybody here deal with prostate issues? - 12/26/11 09:06 PM
I better just wear my glasses or surf the forum with my TV from now on. I thought for sure Cecil said Prost.... issues blush
Thank you for all the kind words and PM's. Seems like the antibiotic is taking effect now. So true about drinking lots of water Ken and antibiotics. I thought I was having a ... never mind. blush
Posted By: ewest Re: Anybody here deal with prostate issues? - 12/27/11 02:44 PM
Keep us posted on results Cecil !
© Pond Boss Forum