Pond Boss
Posted By: jeffhasapond Was Dwight arrested? Turns out no. - 08/18/11 04:37 PM
So once again I'm reading headline news on the internet. I click on the "Weird News" tab just to make sure there are no current stories about Brettski. And then I find this headline....

Motorized Beer Cooler Lands Driver In Court

I immediately think, OH NO, what did Dwight do now?

So I read on....

A man was fined and had his license suspended after being caught driving a scooter made of a motorized beer cooler capable of carrying several dozen drinks.

Okay, not enough information yet. Were the drinks Coronas?

The next paragraph continues...

The scooter featured a cooler box mounted on a wheeled frame, a steering handlebar and was powered by a 50 cc engine. The cooler doubled as a driver's seat and could hold up to 48 bottles of beer, Reuters reported.

At this point I realized that it is highly unlikely that Dwight was involved in this project. Cooler box mounted on a wheeled frame with a steering handlebar - yep that could be Dwight's work. But a 50 cc engine? Not in this lifetime. Now if it was a 500 cc computer controlled fuel injected turbocharged motor maybe. But 50 cc, no way, Dwight's needs for unbridled horsepower would surely not be satisfied by a puny 50 cc.

And the next couple of paragraphs of the story let Dwight off the hook...

Chris Petrie, 23, bought the scooter on the Internet for $600. After assembling it with a friend, he had a few beers and decided to drive it home.

Petrie was arrested en route and found to be more than three times over Australia's legal blood alcohol limit. He was charged with drink driving and driving without a license.

It would not surprise me at all however if we found out that Dwight was working on a vertical lift Keg-erator.

Back to searching weird news - there's gotta be a story about Brettski in there somewhere.

Posted By: Dave Willis Re: Was Dwight arrested? Turns out no. - 08/18/11 06:07 PM
smile
Posted By: esshup Re: Was Dwight arrested? Turns out no. - 08/18/11 06:15 PM
I don't think Dwight would have built it without a roll cage and a set of wheelie bars too.
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Was Dwight arrested? Turns out no. - 08/18/11 06:32 PM
Good point, he is rather safety conscious.
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Was Dwight arrested? Turns out no. - 08/18/11 07:01 PM
Ya never know what those crazy Minnesootans are going to do. Here is an article about a DUI Arrest of Man in Lazy-Boy Recliner. When I first heard of it, I was afraid it was one of my cousins.

The sheriff confiscated the chair and sold it on e-bay for $10,900!
Originally Posted By: catmandoo
Ya never know what those crazy Minnesootans are going to do. .....

thars more than one way to get around on bremer pond in the winter laugh

Posted By: the stick Re: Was Dwight arrested? Turns out no. - 08/18/11 09:07 PM
The stick knows that Dwight has been very busy. He did stop by the shop this morning to get a large box full of bags of frozen minnows and shinners left over from various trips. It is unknown what he will do with them, but perhaps he will report in.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Was Dwight arrested? Turns out no. - 08/18/11 11:58 PM
Well, don't believe him if he offers to have you over for fried smelt.
Posted By: Brettski Re: Was Dwight arrested? Turns out no. - 08/19/11 01:32 AM
or snorkeling in January...
Posted By: ewest Re: Was Dwight arrested? Turns out no. - 08/19/11 01:57 AM
Night research for YP feeding under the ice habits.
Posted By: Dwight Re: Was Dwight arrested? Turns out no. - 08/19/11 01:50 PM
My motorized beer cooler is my truck with a 6 day cooler in the back. 0-96mph in the quarter mile at 13.4 seconds makes sure the cooler stays back by the tailgate for easy access.
© Pond Boss Forum