shocked laugh laugh
Posted By: Sunil Re: It's starting to catch on - 07/31/11 02:49 AM
Did my car win?
Posted By: Chris Steelman Re: It's starting to catch on - 07/31/11 03:05 AM
2nd place I believe.
Posted By: ewest Re: It's starting to catch on - 07/31/11 12:54 PM
shocked -- cry -- laugh -- laugh
Posted By: Sunil Re: It's starting to catch on - 07/31/11 02:39 PM
If my car lost to "Dwight is a Big Chub," then it's OK.
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: It's starting to catch on - 07/31/11 02:46 PM
True story: years ago I sponsored (for a couple of races) a race car at a local speedway. Somewhere I have a photo of the car on the track with JHAP, CPA on the trunk. Unfortunately it never won - but at least it did provide a tax deduction.

I'm assuming Sunil that you got a portion of the huge second place trophy purse.

Oh and as far as the photo above: right click save as......
Posted By: Sunil Re: It's starting to catch on - 07/31/11 02:49 PM
I'm still waiting for the check. They tell me it's in the mail.
Posted By: DJT Re: It's starting to catch on - 08/02/11 04:00 AM
The pondboss racing team has to start somewhere. Demolition derbies are not exactly nascar but it's a start. I expect the PB office will be flooded with subscription checks from my zip code very soon.

I knew Sunil would be flattered.

More pics coming later.
Posted By: Dwight Re: It's starting to catch on - 08/04/11 01:25 PM
Wow Sunil! Your fame is growing exponentially.
Posted By: Sunil Re: It's starting to catch on - 08/07/11 01:03 PM
So, this was DJT's car (why he didn't include the Big Chub is beyond me). He sent these pics to be posted:

Posted By: esshup Re: It's starting to catch on - 08/07/11 03:51 PM
Sunil, next time send him enough $$ so you can have your sponsorship on BOTH sides of the car. laugh
Posted By: catmandoo Re: It's starting to catch on - 08/07/11 04:19 PM
Looks like it was in a bad bar fight and lost! grin

Posted By: Bob Lusk Re: It's starting to catch on - 08/07/11 04:22 PM
That is absolutely hilarious. You guys kill me! Brilliant.
Posted By: Sunil Re: It's starting to catch on - 08/07/11 05:33 PM
I feel like I need a new tetanus shot for just looking at these pictures.
Posted By: DJT Re: It's starting to catch on - 08/07/11 06:12 PM
In the last 21 years I have been in about 50 derbies and went through about 35 cars in the process. They always end up looking like that. I'm not sure if I have many more left in me as they take a huge amount of time and work.

I was going to put Dwight is a big chub on the other side but just got busy before the race. The local newspaper has some pics from the race and in one of them Sunil's message is in plain veiw.
Posted By: JKB Re: It's starting to catch on - 08/07/11 07:17 PM
Never was in a Derby myself (Mom thought I would get hurt or something worse) But, helped quite a few build their death chambers! One guy I worked for during high school who had an auto paint shop thought he had the solution. A front wheel drive Toronado! He got hit once and it was all over! Some guy in an Imperial Whacked him once in the drivers side front wheel and busted that from ever working.

Never actually got paid by the guy, but got my car painted! I had to do all the work, and the Imron Pearl White turned out quite well.

One later day, some Detectives from GR showed up asking about Lee. Seems he was involved in the drug trade and fell off the face of the planet. Don't know nothing about that, just for a couple years after, wife and children have not seen him.

Probably got whacked! And became food for some other creature!

Wreck-em Derby's are fun, if done right! Seen a school bus one years ago, and that was a Major Dud!
Posted By: Rainman Re: It's starting to catch on - 08/07/11 08:27 PM
Needs to be the extra short bus (riders and vehicles)
© Pond Boss Forum