Pond Boss
Posted By: n8ly Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/10/11 05:14 PM
Please if you are reading this, let us know if your coming (or not coming) to the Pond Boss Conference at Big Cedar Lodge April. Here are all the details: Conference Details

Looking forward to seeing the list of attendees to start planning an awesome weekend and also want to know the list of unattendees so I can have a good few weeks to persuade you into coming.

I'm coming down April 13th with my family, brothers families, and parents.
Posted By: Omaha Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/10/11 05:17 PM
I'll be there with my wife, son, and dad.
Posted By: lassig Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/10/11 05:17 PM
I would love to come but this is in the middle of turkey season. Maybe next time around
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/10/11 05:21 PM
Lynda and I have all of our reservations and registrations.

Ken
Posted By: JKB Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/10/11 05:53 PM
Maybe in the future. Sounds like a great event! Have fun everyone and fill us in.
Posted By: Sue Cruz Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/10/11 06:15 PM
I'm getting there Wed. April 13th, too. My Dad will be meeting me there again, like last year. He can't wait either. This year I'm bring along our limnologist, Dr. Amanda Quillen. I'm sure she will be well liked by the Pond Boss Family. She will be talking at the conference and surely be joining us at the Buzzard Lounge. Unfortunately I'm not bringing my kids, much to thier dismay. They have Florida State Testing (FCAT) at their schools that week which can't be skipped. I just hope my husband makes sure they get plenty of rest and healthy breakfasts each morning. wink I also know that our Australian friend, Scotty Tucker, who was there at the last conference will be in attendance.
I will be there.
I'm in. I'll be giving a talk on Premium Production of Sunfish.
Posted By: Dave Willis Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/10/11 06:47 PM
Susie and I plan to arrive on Wed night. I believe we will have at least two current SDSU students there as well.
Posted By: n8ly Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/10/11 06:54 PM
Lassig, turkey season you will have every single spring and fall, plus you have a great shot at bagging your bird on the 11th, 12th, and 13th of the first season. With a new pond awaiting the arrival of fish your entire pond destiny will forever be changed by this one event. One of many examples would be Bruce's talk about Premium Production of Sunfish. You miss this conference and the task of producing premium sunfish in your pond definitely gets harder after your initial stocking later this spring......

JKB, the future is now buddy. A weekend spent with the pond boss people is life changing in many ways. There is no better return on your investment of time and money than spent on this weekend. Why put everything on hold till maybe in the future???
Posted By: lassig Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/10/11 07:08 PM
Now I really feel bad about missing it. Unfornunately I have an out of town guest coming to turkey hunt that weekend. I do plan on having my bird by the 12th (give myself two days).
Posted By: n8ly Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/10/11 07:37 PM
I definitely don't want you to feel bad or obligated to your guest, just throwing out my best sales pitch.....
Posted By: Zep Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/10/11 08:05 PM
maybe....
Posted By: Sunil Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/10/11 08:23 PM
I'll be there most likely solo, and sometime mid-day on Thursday.
Posted By: n8ly Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/10/11 08:49 PM
Sunil, Just as long as your there for the weigh in. Bruce is going down this year....

Zep, give us some details about why your on the fence and I will give you my best sales pitch as well........
Posted By: Sunil Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/10/11 09:16 PM
I made it for the weigh in last time after arriving late due to kind of flying in to the wrong airport.
Posted By: ewest Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/10/11 09:21 PM
Will be there. We will have a mods booth for you guys to come by and hang out , watch the slide show and videos and post to the Forum.

Will be speaking on the science behind supp. feeding.
I expect I'll be there. Really haven't discussed it with my Social Director yet.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/10/11 10:57 PM
I expect you'll be there also. Let me know if I need to speak to your "Social Director."
Posted By: Zep Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/10/11 11:43 PM
Originally Posted By: n8ly
Zep, give us some details about why your
on the fence and I will give you my best sales pitch as well....

LOL...thanks n8ly.
I will be right in the middle of a house
move, so not sure I can swing it. But hey
I just may need a break by then anyway.
Plus I've always wanted to visit the Branson area,
I know it would be educational and fun to attend.
Anybody know...is that about an 8-9 hour drive from Dallas?
Posted By: lassig Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/11/11 12:09 AM
I definitely don't want you to feel bad or obligated to your guest, just throwing out my best sales pitch.....

Totally understand Nate and I would love to make it, just not in the cards this year.
Posted By: JKB Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/11/11 12:29 AM
I would also like to attend Nate, but I have daily obligations that prohibit me from such a fun and great event. Maybe in a few years.

Nate, you need to be on your game in the fishing tournament!

Go Get Em!!!

Have great fun, and fill us all in.

I cant wait smile
Posted By: n8ly Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/11/11 01:11 AM
Zep, here are driving directions from Dallas: Dallas to Branson

You show up and I will make sure Sunil buys you a drink or one of the mods buys you dinner! Definitely plan on taking a 2 day break from the move. You will get er done much faster once refreshed!
Posted By: n8ly Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/11/11 01:15 AM
JKB, Everyone has daily obligations. You will only be busier and more important a few years down the road and before you know it you will be old never have attended a Pond Boss Conference.

In regards to fishing, I will talk trash all the way up till the tournament, but most likely will finish somewhere in the middle. You have to remember I am a laid back live bait fisherman and rarely if ever bass fish. Standing and casting is waay too much work. As long as someone takes down Bruce this year alls good.
Posted By: JKB Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/11/11 01:44 AM
JKB, Everyone has daily obligations. You will only be busier and more important a few years down the road and before you know it you will be old never have attended a Pond Boss Conference.

In regards to fishing, I will talk trash all the way up till the tournament, but most likely will finish somewhere in the middle. You have to remember I am a laid back live bait fisherman and rarely if ever bass fish. Standing and casting is waay too much work. As long as someone takes down Bruce this year alls good.

You just go get em Nate! I am probably a good 20 to 25 years older than you. Cancer, Heart Disease and broken bones that cant be surgically fixed, dont take vacations! So give us a good accounting of you whooping Bruce's butt!

I have faith in you Nate! Do the best you can, and that will be great!
Posted By: Sunil Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/11/11 01:53 AM
n8ly, I knew there was something special about you. I'm a live bait fisherman also. Great minds.....
Posted By: Rainman Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/11/11 02:53 AM
Originally Posted By: Zep
maybe....

MAYBE!?!?!?

Think of the money you can save on shipping if you pick up some fish from me while you're there!

I don't know if I'll be playing with electricity around the pond again this year, but I'll be there nonetheless. Not sure yet if the wife and kids will be with me this year.

EDIT: We made the oral argument to the appeals court...other party was a no-show so we hope to stay at our property an hour away the last night.
Posted By: RC51 Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/11/11 03:23 AM
I will not be there this year! And I hate that I can't be. But on a good note I will be starting on building my cabin that month so it's all good! I will miss it though. Last year I had a lot of fun and learned a whole lot!!!

Any new guys on the site that are thing about going you need to go. I wasn't sure either till I went! You will learn a bunch of cool stuff about your pond and fish in general if you can you need to go!! It was well worth it. I'm just saying....
Posted By: n8ly Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/11/11 04:08 AM
RC51, If you make the conference this year, I will stop in and help you build your cabin for a day or two (or until your food runs out, whichever occurs first) this spring when I travel thru Arkansas.....If I can't fulfill my end of the bargain I will substitute some other pond boss guy to take my place. If that doesnt work out I will send you an encouraging email to help get that cabin built!
Posted By: RC51 Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/11/11 04:35 AM
n8ly,

Your the man!! Thanks for the offer, and for offering someone else to help me!! smile We will be on a tight schedule with my Dad coming in from AZ so it's going to be all work and no play for a while! I remember Brettski saying how hard it was to keep pushing forward when you just wanted to stop and veg out!! So with that said I have been in the gym for the last 3 weeks and trying to get in shape for this event!! I don't want to be so sore every night that I can't move to hoist my brewski at the end of the day!!! smile
Posted By: Sue Cruz Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/11/11 02:24 PM
How far is it from the Springfield airport to Big Cedar? The flights stink from Florida to Branson...
Posted By: n8ly Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/11/11 02:42 PM
RC51, That is great news, you and your dad coming to Conference for a couple days! He is gonna be pumped!!

Sue, Here is your info for springfield to big cedar: Springfield to Big Cedar
Posted By: Sunil Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/11/11 02:44 PM
Sue, it was about 1-1.5 hours via speeding car if I recall correctly.

It was a not so pleasant return drive early Sunday morning.
Posted By: Sue Cruz Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/11/11 03:00 PM
I'm definately not leaving too early on Sunday! An afternoon flight is ideal after a late night at the Buzzards Lounge!!
Posted By: ewest Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/11/11 03:48 PM
RC when B'ski was just starting his place (pre-lake and way before his house) I told him the most important key to success was going to be "take time to enjoy the journey". It can't be all work. You have to make time to enjoy life along the way. Ask him now if that was good advice.
Posted By: Brettski Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/11/11 04:36 PM
It's a tough rule to follow when you're an absentee owner; every minute there is valuable for progress. That being said, the moments of relaxation and reflection will occur without notice and planning. Sometimes it's right in the middle of a bust-ass project when you see something land onto the pond's surface and just have to stop and grab the binoc's, only to witness the appearance of a bird (or any other creature) that you have never seen before. Or, my favorite, first daylight with a cup of coffee on the dock, communing with nature as you sit and think about what you plan to get accomplished today.

Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/12/11 02:04 AM
Originally Posted By: Sue Cruz
I'm definately not leaving too early on Sunday! An afternoon flight is ideal after a late night at the Buzzards Lounge!!

What's this Buzzard's Lounge? Sounds fun.
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/12/11 02:48 AM
Since JHAP isn't going to be in attendance because of the IRS, who is going to tend to the skunks?
Posted By: Omaha Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/12/11 03:00 AM
Originally Posted By: teehjaeh57

What's this Buzzard's Lounge? Sounds fun.

I bet they serve Diet Pepsi. wink
Posted By: RC51 Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/12/11 03:36 AM
Originally Posted By: Brettski
It's a tough rule to follow when you're an absentee owner; every minute there is valuable for progress. That being said, the moments of relaxation and reflection will occur without notice and planning. Sometimes it's right in the middle of a bust-ass project when you see something land onto the pond's surface and just have to stop and grab the binoc's, only to witness the appearance of a bird (or any other creature) that you have never seen before. Or, my favorite, first daylight with a cup of coffee on the dock, communing with nature as you sit and think about what you plan to get accomplished today.

Bski
I look forward to those moments with my Dad!! Trust me we will take a few breaks! smile I can't wait to be out at the land long enough day after day to really see what goes on out there and catch some of those moments like you said. Eric I will take time to pause and relax. Heck if I know my dad he will more than likely out work me! This will more than likely be the last major project I get to do with my dad so I will relish every minute of it for sure. Once we get started I will take as many pictures as I can and start a cabin post. I can't wait! I am getting excited. Bski what you said above was really awesome! I don't think you realize how heart felt that small post was I can tell you love nature and understand what and how mother Earth works and it's many blessings!! Thanks,
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/12/11 04:21 PM
Originally Posted By: catmandoo
Since JHAP isn't going to be in attendance because of the IRS, who is going to tend to the skunks?

Hey it wasn't me that petted the skunk (and no Brettski, that is not a euphemism).

Yep, no conference for me this year.

I highly encourage anyone that has not attended a conference to go. This is a very fun event in which some learning actually occurs.
Posted By: Rainman Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/12/11 06:26 PM
Jeff, just file extensions for all your clients!
I cant come.. Will be there next year for sure.. Good thing i didnt book everything like i wanted to and my Wife made me wait until we had the baby.. Have fun and please post as much live info and pics as possible, Im really bummed and will be counting the days until the next one..
Posted By: JKB Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/12/11 10:18 PM
Originally Posted By: Rainman
Jeff, just file extensions for all your clients!

My accountant does that. All I know is that sometime in September, I got to sign a bunch of stuff. My previous accountant use to run postage through Pitney Bowes machines. As long as they were post marked!

Dont even want to know how bad my lawyer...

We wont go there... whistle
Posted By: CJBS2003 Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/14/11 05:29 AM
I have training the week before and the first couple days of the conference and I am going to the beach for spring break with my in-laws the weekend of and week after the conference. So... No conference for me.

Plus, I am saving so I can actually buy land for a pond of my own... As much as it is fun, playing around with ponds owned by other people just isn't the same as calling it your own.

Everyone going, I surely hope you all have a great time. My money is on a sleeper team winning the bass fishing tournament!
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/14/11 06:08 AM
Originally Posted By: catmandoo

Wow, I almost forgot about skunk herding - guess I did spend some time at the Buzzard Lounge after all. I felt it my humanitarian duty to keep an eye on JHAP -as I recall he was challenging any waitress unfortunate enough to wander by to sturgeon wrasslin in the bay! Thankfully Ricki is a patient woman.
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/14/11 05:39 PM
Wow, TJ, get your facts straight:

1. The skunks were at the pool side bar.

2. The buzzard lounge was that bar that was slightly down the road and that had the rock floor. I can't find any photographic proof that you were at the Buzzard Lounge but I'm sure someone else can.

3. I don't think I ever even saw a waitress, every time I needed an attitude adjustment I had to go find a beverage myself. Heck one evening I was hanging out with Sunil at the Buzzard Lounge and he went in search of an adult beverage... I didn't see him again until the next day.

Ricki IS a patient woman so you got that fact right.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/14/11 05:45 PM
Pffft....details - schmetails. There was Jhap, there were skunks, there was sturgeon wrasslin'. The rest isn't important in the grand scheme of things.
Posted By: Rainman Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/14/11 09:52 PM
Last day to register at a reduced rate for the conference.

Don't forget to sign up for the fishing tourney while you're at it!!!

I made my participation official a few minutes ago!
Posted By: JKB Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/14/11 10:15 PM

Glad I never signed up! Dont need a big red truck crashing into me! I feel safer staying here!
Posted By: Omaha Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/14/11 10:20 PM
We won't be there in time to participate in the tournament, but I hope to get there in time for the weigh-in.
Posted By: Rainman Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/14/11 10:22 PM
Originally Posted By: JKB

Glad I never signed up! Dont need a big red truck crashing into me! I feel safer staying here!

Ouch!!! grin
Posted By: Greg Grimes Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/14/11 10:41 PM
Be there but still not sure topic being covered but looks like not dye. The buzzard bar was the location of the skunk- inside was a blast. The PB crowd stayed outside watching the skunk. I went in and listened to a talented perfromer sing, tell jokes and play guitar all well sitting beside Johnny Morris. Most were clueless who he was. He told me all about fishing and how much he enjoyed the PB crowd being there.
Posted By: Rainman Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/15/11 03:25 AM
At least one skunk wanted to clean the floors INSIDE the bar. As I recall, at least one scream was heard, then a few minutes later a few guys herded the intruder back outside. I think at one point there were 5 skunks mulling around on the patio. There was also an albino skunk that hung out at the conference building.
We won't be able to make it this time due to the timing factor. Almost any other time of the year and I'd be there! This conference lands right at the time that we begin to release spring tilapia and shad, and also when we spawn our bass. Maybe next time.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/15/11 01:17 PM
You could let Technoviking run things for a bit while you come to Big Cedar and let it all hang out.
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/15/11 03:09 PM
Is anyone flying into the Springfield Airport on Wednesday Afternoon April 13, so I could beg a ride to Big Cedar?
Posted By: Sue Cruz Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/15/11 04:49 PM
Todd, I talked to your dad last week and he made it sound like a possibility... Pleeaasseee try to come!! You guys can work it out! If not, just send your Dad smile

Bill, I think I'm getting there around 12:30 - 1 pm ish on Wed. ~ and I'll be meeting my dad and Amanda there around that time, early afternoon. You are more than welcome to hitch a ride with us!!
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/15/11 06:45 PM
I think I'm going to have to choose between a couple of weeks in New England in June vs. the Pond Boss convention for financial reasons. Sorry but I haven't been to my old stomping grounds in years. frown
Posted By: esshup Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/15/11 07:47 PM
Too bad you couldn't tie it in with a delivery of fish down to BP.
My young bride just got us registered in the past couple days. Looking forward to the presentations, suppliers, and The Buzzard Lounge. She was going to call for a room, is there a particular area near to the conference activities that we should request? Thanks.

Bryan
Posted By: ewest Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/16/11 02:55 AM
Great. Go to the Big Cedar web site. It has a map and virtual tours of the room types.

See this link for pics from last time.

http://www.pondboss.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=183880#Post183880
Posted By: n8ly Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/16/11 03:05 AM
Bryan, great news man!!!
Todd, make it happen man!
Cecil, decision is a no brainer, New England will always be there next year or even in June if someone catches a real big fish between now and then.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/16/11 03:52 AM
New England will always be there next year or even in June if someone catches a real big fish between now and then.

That's what they said about the Old Man of the Mountain in New Hampshire. He's gone now. cry grin

http://www.twinmountain.com/oldman.php
Posted By: Shawn Banks Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/16/11 02:51 PM
As much as I have enjoyed the two PB conferences I've attended, I just can't make it to this one. The timing is off for me given my line of work. Late March through mid-July is my prime time for stocking, shocking, consulting and all other things pond related. I was optimistic about trying to squeeze in the conference but it turns out now, I'll be in SE Iowa and then on to Tulsa, OK during the timespan encompassing the conference. I'm pretty bummed out because the PB conference is a great venue.
Posted By: Sue Cruz Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/16/11 03:33 PM
That's a huge bummer, ShawnO! Can't you atleast swing by? It's kinda on the way to Tulsa...
Posted By: Sunil Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/16/11 05:59 PM
I'm all booked.

I must admit that I had a fear of running into Banks at 2AM with him toting a 12-pack of Keystone Light again.
Sunil will turn 7000 on his next post.. Congrats.. Wish i could go.. frown

EDIT: BGK, thank for the heads up. I need to think of something special, so I had to post in your post (sorry!). Sunil
Posted By: Rainman Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/17/11 08:07 AM
Originally Posted By: Sunil
I'm all booked.

I must admit that I had a fear of running into Banks at 2AM with him toting a 12-pack of Keystone Light again.

Especially if he's driving toward you while on the boat ramp!!! shocked grin
Posted By: Rainman Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/17/11 08:09 AM
Shawn, does the SE Iowa run mean I need to cancel to make sure I'm there for you?
Originally Posted By: Bluegillerkiller
Sunil will turn 7000 on his next post.. Congrats.. Wish i could go.. frown

EDIT: BGK, thank for the heads up. I need to think of something special, so I had to post in your post (sorry!). Sunil

I'm honored Sunil
Posted By: Dave Willis Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/17/11 02:05 PM
7000 is a big number, Sunil!! You're a good man.
Posted By: Shawn Banks Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/17/11 03:26 PM
Rex, no stocking on this trip. We're removing about 300 bass and building more reefs. Thanks for asking, though.

Sunil, I have no idea where the Keystone came from. I think TJ found it in the back of a pick-up truck. It could have been aftershave or turpentine and I think we would have consumed it. That kind of stuff happens at 2am!

I think Grimes was happy to hear me when I finally arrived to the cabin at 4am, but I was bright-eyed and bushy-tailed for the 8am conference. Never did see TJ that day!
Posted By: Greg Grimes Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/17/11 10:49 PM
Yes Shawn we were like parents and worried about you. TJ was MIA for hours.

Posted under another thread...anyone want to share rental car or room let me know.
Posted By: Rainman Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/18/11 02:51 AM
Shawn, there was a picture of TJ "the day after" at the pond...Bright-eyed and bushy-tailed are NOT the phrases to describe his look...lol The poor guy was hurtin!

He was trying to duck out of the pic frame, but his reflexes were still way too slow. IIRC, the picture is being used in the shots for this year's PBC promo.
Posted By: Omaha Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/18/11 02:55 AM
Shawn, there was a picture of TJ "the day after" at the pond...Bright-eyed and bushy-tailed is NOT the words to describe his look...lol He was trying to duck out of the pic frame, but his reflexes were still way too slow.

Was that the pic that made the magazine? laugh
Posted By: Rainman Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/18/11 03:00 AM
Could have been, it's not in the promo now, but it is in the downloaded pics from last years conference thread...surely our great librarian can find it! smile He was on the far right of the shot trying hard to get really small. It may have been one of Sue Cruz's pics. I think it had Ted and Terri Lea in the center.
Posted By: Omaha Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/18/11 03:20 AM
Yep, that sounds like the one!
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/18/11 03:22 AM
My affinity for diet pepsi is well known and can result in a caffiene hangover from time to time. I guess this is what you're referring to? confused
Posted By: Omaha Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/18/11 03:28 AM
Nah, it was his quote that made the magazine, not his mug. Though that pic might tell us newcomers more about the conference than anything else...and the detriments of Diet Pepsi. wink
Posted By: Rainman Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/18/11 03:31 AM
Originally Posted By: teehjaeh57
My affinity for diet pepsi is well known and can result in a caffiene hangover from time to time. I guess this is what you're referring to? confused

Is there a sudden lightening storm near you now? grin laugh

You had fun...everyone told you so!
Posted By: Omaha Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/18/11 03:35 AM
You had fun...everyone told you so!

I will steal this...thank you...will be put to good use in the future. Thanks Rex! Apologize in advance for taking the credit.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/18/11 03:50 AM
Pfft...I was lucid and entertaining - or so I thought. Hope you guys have a good time this year - sounds like some of the pond management guys aren't going to be making it. Bummer. Hope to see you in 2113!
Posted By: Rainman Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/18/11 03:50 AM
I'm sure TJ will get even with me soon enough...then I'll aerate his agri-drain and the circle of life will not be broken. shocked
Posted By: Sue Cruz Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/18/11 02:06 PM
Here is the picture~ Scotty Tucker is in the green shirt, he'll be there this year from Australia, Ted Lea and I in the middle and there's TJ trying unsuccessfully to duck out of the picture on the right.

[img:center][/img]
Posted By: Sue Cruz Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/18/11 02:12 PM
Hey, has anyone talked to 2catmom lately? She has the Condello Pink Cowboy hat... it needs to go up for auction again!
Posted By: Brettski Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/18/11 03:20 PM
I think Lady Gaga has it now
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/18/11 04:45 PM
Hey, has anyone talked to 2catmom lately? She has the Condello Pink Cowboy hat... it needs to go up for auction again!

Sue I PM'd you.
Posted By: Bossone Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/20/11 02:48 PM
Would it benefit someone with a small new pond? Btw my pond is filling nicely!
Posted By: esshup Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/20/11 03:25 PM
Definately. It doens't matter what stage your pond is in. At this early stage, it might be more beneficial to you than if you were to wait another 18 months to attend the next one.
Posted By: Bossone Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/21/11 09:49 PM
Is there or when will there be a listing of the breakout sessions that will be offered? Being a new member here, it would be helpful to better understand what is offered, Besides getting to meet some great people!
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/21/11 11:11 PM
All;

I just booked my lodging...none too soon. Said hotel was either booked or nearly so, and the fisherman cabins [where I stayed last conference and am again this year] have only 3 more vacancies. The cabins are a steal - $111 a night - and I was more than comfortable. It's a brief walk to the grounds [10 min] and helps burn off the sodas in which I will likely endulge over the weekend.

I'm certain there are plenty of lodging options nearby, but will likely involve driving to and from the conference. Thought I'd give you all a head's up. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/21/11 11:26 PM
Originally Posted By: Bossone
Is there or when will there be a listing of the breakout sessions that will be offered? Being a new member here, it would be helpful to better understand what is offered, Besides getting to meet some great people!

Bossone/all;

I learned a lot from the specific topics/chats, but even more from cornering experts like Dr Dave Willis, Eric West, Bill Cody, Bruce Condello - even owners Mike Otto and the Pond Boss, Lusk, himself. I was fortunate to sit next to Theo Gallus at dinner one night and learned all about pellet training RES while he stole my dessert. Now that is some seriously ground breaking stuff. Don't forget a chat with Greg Grimes, Dave Sefton, famous Nate Herman...these guys have forgotten more about pond management than I'll learn in a lifetime - and it's all free advice provided in the amazing environment of the Ozark mountains with one of the best fisheries in the US as a backdrop. Sue Cruz - queen of aeration, also provides lots of guidance if you're willing to stand in line to get her attention. The booths are staffed by solid Pond Boss advertisers who have products and services that have proven themselves over many years, and they are invaluable sources of advice. Even pond managers like myself can offer insight on how NOT to manage your ponds...at the very least.

I didn't know a soul when I arrived alone in September of 2009 and left with many friends and volumes of information...and a sombrero from Mexican Fiesta Night!

Attached picture 4031321958_6d4fd88df5_m.jpg
Posted By: Omaha Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/21/11 11:40 PM
Was it my pestering, because I'll gladly take credit. laugh
Posted By: Bossone Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/22/11 12:01 AM
Alright I just got a room and at this point I'm planning on attending. I won't tell my wife Nate lives 45 min away and that we need to drive 6 hours to meet him an the rest of you. God knows I need all the help I can get and look forward to meeting everyone and learning!
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/22/11 12:07 AM
Bossone

Nice to hear - welcome aboard. I brought a list of issues/questions/topics I wanted to discuss and spent a lot of time getting them addressed plus a ton of other stuff I didn't know I needed to review! I recommend bringing those questions with you and definitely look for me herding skunks at the Buzzard Lounge.
Posted By: n8ly Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/22/11 02:33 AM
Boss, you made a really good decision! I hope others lurking around will step out of the shadows and show up at the conference!! TJ, glad to hear your coming!!!
Posted By: ewest Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/22/11 02:50 AM
Great news ! We need to ramp this thing up to a full house.
Posted By: blair5002 Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/22/11 03:57 AM
I just took the big leap and booked a cabin for convention. I am super excited to get there. My personal best bass ever caught is about 10" long. So folks better look out at tourny time.
Posted By: n8ly Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/22/11 05:26 AM
A canadian eh? Looking forward to meeting you Mr.5002!
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/22/11 05:34 AM
Okay, so we added Todd La Neve, Bossone, Blair and myself today that I'm aware of. Not bad.

Blair can't wait to finally meet you. Are you familiar with the American custom of "skunk petting"? No, it's nothing like "snipe hunting".
Posted By: blair5002 Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/22/11 06:21 AM
teejay I am not accustomed To skunk petting and we even have them in our area and it sounds like something we would have thought of lol. Should I bring a porcupine to through in the mix?
Posted By: Greg Grimes Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/22/11 01:09 PM
Ok for those of you who are new this is what you can expect.
http://www.pondboss.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showgallery&Number=249121&#Post249121
Posted By: esshup Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/22/11 02:03 PM
I'll bet they're even friendlier if you had a can of sardines.
Posted By: ewest Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/22/11 02:44 PM
Bossone in addition to the presentations (talks) there are vendor booths to see and visit. One booth will be the PB moderators where many of us hang out , talk and answer questions. We have a slide show and videos as well. Just outside the conference room is a big area with chairs , tables etc for one on one visiting. You will have lots of chances to ask any questions and get several different perspectives. We are very good about getting people with question to the right answer guys. We also have hands on demos on various topics. Another aspect is the extended walking-talking lunch (no presentations at that time) which is designed just so people get the chance to walk around and visit.
I assume there will again be silent auctions.
Posted By: ewest Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/22/11 03:38 PM
YES for SDSU fisheries science dept/students.
Posted By: Bossone Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/22/11 05:35 PM
Originally Posted By: ewest
Bossone in addition to the presentations (talks) there are vendor booths to see and visit. One booth will be the PB moderators where many of us hang out , talk and answer questions. We have a slide show and videos as well. Just outside the conference room is a big area with chairs , tables etc for one on one visiting. You will have lots of chances to ask any questions and get several different perspectives. We are very good about getting people with question to the right answer guys. We also have hands on demos on various topics. Another aspect is the extended walking-talking lunch (no presentations at that time) which is designed just so people get the chance to walk around and visit.

Excellent!!!!

By having a new pond, it is really a blank canvas and I look forward to soaking up a lot of knowledge. Now that it is filling and hopefully not leaking, I can move on to the next step.
Some of these guys, I'm not saying which ones, will probably have a beer after the day is done.
Posted By: ewest Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/22/11 07:04 PM
Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson1
Some of these guys, I'm not saying which ones, will probably have a beer after the day is done begun.

Dave you must have meant begun.
Posted By: Rainman Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/22/11 07:06 PM
Some of these guys, I'm not saying which ones, will probably have a beer after the day is done.

Some of their initials are Sunil, TJ, Rex, Sunil, Sunil, Dave Davidson, TJ, Sunil, Rex...oh, and SUNIL!!!! grin
Posted By: Bossone Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/22/11 07:09 PM

BEER? How about some firewater? whistle
We leave that to our resident scotch expert TeeJah.
Posted By: JKB Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/23/11 12:16 AM
I use to like Johnny Walker Red and Cutty Sark, but that was a long time ago.

Bloody Beefeaters Martinis are pretty good prior to, during, and after cooking the beef smile
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/23/11 06:12 AM
Porcupine? Yes, most definitely. Question - how will you manage to smuggle it on the plane? Better be roomy cargo pants and be wearing teflon boxers!
Posted By: blair5002 Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/23/11 12:46 PM
laugh laugh laugh That would seem like a long flight. I was thinking about shaving it but whats the ppoint of bringing it after that.
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/24/11 03:53 AM
Hey, gang, been a couple of weeks since I've been on - busy with work and getting ready for vacation, which I am now on. I just booked my lodging a couple of nights ago and am planning to make the conference. Hope it all works out as I'm looking forward to putting faces with so many of the names I've gotten to know!
Posted By: esshup Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/24/11 04:56 PM
I'll look for the shiny spot when I'm walking around. grin
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/26/11 03:38 AM
Hilarious...can one actually shave a porcupine? This I have to see. Perhaps we can coax a skunk to go under the shears at the Buzzard Lounge for practice?
Posted By: Omaha Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/26/11 03:42 AM
My wife has dealt with many a skunk at our local Humane Society and strongly suggests against this. laugh
Posted By: esshup Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/26/11 05:22 AM
TJ, as long as you keep it's (the skunks') tail down it won't spray. I'll bring the electric clippers for you and watch. grin

Josh, he's a city boy. Don't edjamacate him quite yet. You can tell him after the conference.
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/27/11 01:55 AM
Originally Posted By: esshup
I'll look for the shiny spot when I'm walking around. grin

That's just my inner radiance shining forth!
Posted By: Sunil Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/27/11 01:57 PM
For Todd, it's not a spot.
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 02/27/11 02:04 PM

laugh

It's more of a lifestyle!
Posted By: Dwight Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 03/10/11 02:26 PM
If you see this individual at PB IV don't be alarmed. He is semi-OK. grin

Posted By: Sue Cruz Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 03/10/11 03:14 PM
Now that's a great picture!!
Posted By: ewest Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 03/10/11 03:49 PM
Heck he even drove the big boat last time.
Posted By: Brettski Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 03/10/11 04:57 PM

Heck he even drove the big boat last time.

Captain Joseph Sunilwood
Posted By: Dave Willis Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 03/10/11 05:57 PM
Semi-ok?? Heck, he's the BEST!
Posted By: Sunil Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 03/10/11 06:17 PM
Anyone recall the name of that gas station right by the highway's turn-off to Big Cedar?

I need to request a few cases of beer.
Posted By: Greg Grimes Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 03/10/11 09:40 PM
Yes that was a good stop- sold beer and ammo. Nice combo never seen before.
Posted By: CJBS2003 Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 03/10/11 10:53 PM
You never saw that combo before in GA? That is hard to believe!
Posted By: rmedgar Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 03/11/11 03:29 AM
Greg just ment only beer & ammo. We usually have beer, ammo, lottery ticket,
fish bait, and tanning booth - one stop....
Posted By: Bing Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 03/11/11 03:36 AM
Originally Posted By: rmedgar
Greg just ment only beer & ammo. We usually have beer, ammo, lottery ticket,
fish bait, and tanning booth - one stop....
\

What no marriage chapel??
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 03/11/11 03:39 AM
I think one of our TX guys should bring roadkill wild boar, I can bring my Green Egg, and we can fire it up. Considering we have offsale and ammo so close...could be a fun combination.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 03/11/11 03:46 AM
I know Young Blood will be willing to do a fish fry again.
Posted By: esshup Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 03/11/11 05:34 AM
I'm bringing a venison ham for catmandoo, I could possibly bring another or some venison.
Posted By: Greg Grimes Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 03/11/11 11:59 AM
Seriously pretty illegal as far as I know, know in most SE states to sell ammo in a beer store. Im not well traveled maybe that is common elsewhere,Im jealous.
Posted By: Omaha Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 03/11/11 01:21 PM
Reminds me of the buy-a-car-get-a-gun promotions they had across the nation this past year. laugh
Posted By: ewest Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 03/11/11 09:44 PM
After the sale - first stop - get gas for the new car and ammo for the new gun to protect both and the owner.
Posted By: esshup Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 03/12/11 01:39 AM
Especially after you fill the tank!
Posted By: n8ly Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 03/18/11 02:03 AM
Is that it for forum member attendees? Anyone else out there? I'm bringing a group of 15 people down, but only 2 of us are attending the conference. However our wives and sisters are signed up for the cooking/culinary demonstration thing on Friday. Also my dad, brother, sister, and I are signed up for the fishing tourney.... kids and their cousins are signed up for the swimming pool, hot tub, playground, and craft zone.....

Larry Harper the porcupine guy is bringing his big crappie fishing boat for us to use for the whole weekend. There will be plenty of room in it for anyone wanting to go for a ride or fishing trip....
Posted By: ewest Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 03/18/11 02:18 AM
We need more people. Pass the word guys. There will be some good auction items for a good price.
Posted By: DJT Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 03/18/11 02:23 AM
Looking forward to it.

"Brason is like Vegas if it was built by Ned Flanders" Homer Simpson
Posted By: n8ly Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 03/18/11 11:56 AM
ooh did we just lure DJT out of the closet. Anyone else out there not ashamed to admit coming to the conference? Or anyone else need help convincing to come?
Posted By: Bossone Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 03/22/11 12:22 AM
Well guess what? My CEO decided we need a management meeting in Wisconsin the same week, travel back on Friday. I was so looking forward to attending the conference and meeting everyone, plus getting some needed advise.

There is a slight chance he will move it to the following week, but as of now that the dates he is having us plan on. If something changes I'll let everyone know and make arrangements accordingly.

Frick frown
Posted By: esshup Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 03/22/11 01:01 AM
Aw, dang it!
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 03/22/11 02:02 AM
Originally Posted By: esshup
I'm bringing a venison ham for catmandoo, I could possibly bring another or some venison.

I'm currently aging several pounds of pastrami -- maybe the best batch ever. Like wort from a crock before bottling, I sampled some yesterday after it came out of the smoker.

Ooooooh!

Last fall, we took out some really big trees for the new pond site. Yesterday afternoon, I chopped off some large chunks from some maple and hickory stumps that were overflowing with sap. The pastrami smoked for several hours in this vapor. My tongue has not quite yet recovered from the samples.

A legal acquaintance -- not my primary Pond Boss counsel, scared the heck out of me today when I told him I might donate some for an auction to raise money for scholarships. He gave me about 99 reasons not to do it.

I'm conflicted. I don't want to go to jail. Except for the neck piece, all the rest of the pastrami pieces are made from the backstrap of a corn-fed 10-pointer that I figure was only about three years old before it met my cold room and butchering knife.

Would anybody be interested in donating something to the scholarship? For a donation, maybe we could provide some pepper and spices, which could possibly be attached to ...

Ken
Posted By: Rainman Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 03/22/11 02:20 AM
Ken, I would think Dr.Dave could get creative with a way to auction off a savory smile!
Posted By: Sunil Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 03/22/11 12:14 PM
That's going to be a bloody auction. Sad thing is that whoever wins it is going to have to share.
I bid $5.00 as a start.

Next?
Posted By: Sunil Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 03/22/11 01:59 PM
That's so weak, Guv.
Posted By: Brettski Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 03/22/11 02:08 PM
misplaced decimal point
-
-
-
-
-
move it to the left
Posted By: Sunil Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 03/22/11 02:28 PM
I don't think you'd be saying that, Brettski, if you had the pleasure of the pastrami.
Posted By: ewest Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 03/22/11 02:46 PM
You guys up for an online auction ? If so what type of stuff.
Posted By: Rainman Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 03/22/11 02:53 PM
You guys up for an online auction ? If so what type of stuff.

My answer is Catstrami...bid $20.00

PS...I'll cover the FedEx shipping to the winner.
Posted By: Brettski Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 03/22/11 02:57 PM
I don't think you'd be saying that, Brettski, if you had the pleasure of the pastrami.

dig directed toward Dave
Posted By: Dave Willis Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 03/22/11 05:40 PM
dig directed toward DD1, I assume! smile
I was just getting it started and digging Ken.

$25.00
The Catstrami that Ken is "aging" ought to be pretty unique. Knowing Ken, I expect it is either hanging from a tree or buried somewhere in the cow lot. Scandahoovians do some pretty interesting things when it comes to the palate.

All I know is that a bunch of drunks declared it edible.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 03/23/11 12:22 PM
We'll see if he brings the Jellied Pig's Knuckles.

Put some on a Triscut, and it's.....well....just Golden.
And your bid is what?
Posted By: esshup Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 03/23/11 04:14 PM
I'll get Sunil in the game.
I'll bid $40.
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 03/23/11 05:01 PM
I don't know about the jellied pig's knuckles, but . . .

We're going to have to figure out how to do this auction thing. I won't get home until Friday to check, but I believe I made five pieces of pastrami from backstrap. There is one more piece made from neck meat. I'm not sure what it will be like. The meat is from the 10-pointer that I butchered in November.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 03/23/11 07:40 PM
$50.00
$60
Posted By: JKB Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 03/24/11 02:21 AM
Since being on this forum, I somewhat have a craving for road kill, thanks to Ken, and all that survived!

Every time I see RK, I think of Ken!

I'll go 100 bucks. Toss in a good slab of Head Cheese and I'll add another 50 bucks.

Rule of thumb: Never go shopping while hungry grin
Posted By: Sunil Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 03/24/11 12:10 PM
That Head Chees extra is just off the hook!

What a game changer......!
Posted By: Sniper Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 03/24/11 01:02 PM
Throw in the lutefisk and I'm there.
Posted By: JKB Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 03/24/11 10:45 PM
That Head Chees extra is just off the hook!

What a game changer......!

The Head Cheese is just a side bid, and depends if Ken wants to whip some up. Otherwise, it is 100 bucks for the Pastrami.

Sure would like some good Head Cheese... Ken...?
Posted By: JKB Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 03/24/11 10:50 PM
Originally Posted By: Sniper
Throw in the lutefisk and I'm there.

I never had lutefisk before, but I am sure that if Ken made it, it has to be good!

Ken should have his own show on the food network!
Posted By: ewest Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 03/25/11 02:40 PM
Ok guys let’s talk about an online auction other than food.

Some of the parties involved have concerns about auctioning food. So we will work out something for the conv with Ken and do something else here.
Posted By: Sniper Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 03/26/11 12:01 AM
Mike Otto has some fruitcake (partially nibbled by raccoons). That could bring some big bucks.
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 03/29/11 01:47 AM
Ok guys let’s talk about an online auction other than food.

Some of the parties involved have concerns about auctioning food. So we will work out something for the conv with Ken and do something else here.

But, not to worry . . . we will have some intriguing treats. There will be plenty of great bidding items to help scholarships.
Posted By: blair5002 Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 04/09/11 02:21 AM
I can hardly contain myself
5 more sleeps grin
Posted By: stbar Re: Pond Boss Conference 2011 Attendees - 04/13/11 01:27 AM
Anyone from Texas driving to the Conference this weekend, maybe leaving from Dallas on thursday?
© Pond Boss Forum