Pond Boss
Posted By: esshup Local PondMeister = Celebrity - 01/27/11 05:34 PM
Guess who?? Taken from The Farmers Exchange, Jan. 21, 2011
He even got in a plug for Pond Boss magazine.

Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Local PondMeister = Celebrity - 01/27/11 05:35 PM
Bravo. Celebrity, maybe. Great person, absolutely.
Posted By: RC51 Re: Local PondMeister = Celebrity - 01/27/11 06:02 PM
Very nice very nice!!
Posted By: sprkplug Re: Local PondMeister = Celebrity - 01/27/11 06:14 PM
Atta' boy!!!
Congrats' Cecil!
Posted By: JKB Re: Local PondMeister = Celebrity - 01/27/11 06:16 PM
Cool, way to go Cecil!
Posted By: Bluegillerkiller Re: Local PondMeister = Celebrity - 01/27/11 06:18 PM
Ah yeah 1/21/11 good day (my bday).. Cecil you are the man. Keep up the good work.
Posted By: Dave Willis Re: Local PondMeister = Celebrity - 01/27/11 06:35 PM
Nice, Cecil. See you at NCRAC next month? smile
Posted By: Omaha Re: Local PondMeister = Celebrity - 01/27/11 06:46 PM
Very cool. Congratulations Cecil.
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Local PondMeister = Celebrity - 01/27/11 06:50 PM
Congratulations Cecil. That is fantastic.
Posted By: ewest Re: Local PondMeister = Celebrity - 01/27/11 07:15 PM
Well done Cecil. What about scanning the article and posting it?
Posted By: Sue Cruz Re: Local PondMeister = Celebrity - 01/27/11 07:35 PM
Cecil, you've always been a celebrity in my book!
Posted By: Sunil Re: Local PondMeister = Celebrity - 01/27/11 08:08 PM
Congratulations Cecil!!!
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Local PondMeister = Celebrity - 01/27/11 08:12 PM
Nice job, Cecil. And not a single word about your winter swimming habits, either! Who loves ya, baby?!
Posted By: Brettski Re: Local PondMeister = Celebrity - 01/27/11 08:31 PM
Pretty cool, CB1.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Local PondMeister = Celebrity - 01/27/11 08:50 PM
He even got his hair to lay down as opposed to that 'just woke up' look when holding a large trout.
Posted By: findfoolfight Re: Local PondMeister = Celebrity - 01/27/11 11:08 PM
DANG CECIL!! for somebody that graduated in 75 you still look like a kid!! Sadly I aint never got no riteup in the paper but I did have lunch with Bobby Bowden one time.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Local PondMeister = Celebrity - 01/28/11 12:18 AM
blush blush blush Boy Scot you really caught me by surprise with this thread!

Thanks for the kind word folks but this is no big deal for those of us that know about volunteer positions. No one else wanted the job,and I was president a few terms ago!

BTW Cody took that picture at his pond. That bluegill is out of his pond, and I found it floating when I took a walk around his pond. The article wanted a picture, and that's the only once I could find where I actually smiled. Thanks Bill!

Posted By: Bill Cody Re: Local PondMeister = Celebrity - 01/28/11 01:14 AM
I had to threaten him to get him to smile for that picture. wink laugh
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Local PondMeister = Celebrity - 01/28/11 01:17 AM
Originally Posted By: Cecil Baird1
blush blush blush Thanks for the kind word folks but this is no big deal for those of us that know about volunteer positions. No one else wanted the job,and I was president a few terms ago!

Cecil -- based on your position as the AA IAA president, I sent you and Bill Cody a serious PM regarding an upcoming aquaculture conference in Ohio that either/both of you might be interested in.

Ken
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Local PondMeister = Celebrity - 01/28/11 01:26 AM
Originally Posted By: Bill Cody
I had to threaten him to get him to smile for that picture. wink laugh

I seem to recall you saying something like, "Baird you turd would ya just smile!" grin
Posted By: Rainman Re: Local PondMeister = Celebrity - 01/28/11 01:37 AM
Great news Cecil....Keep Indiana as one of the best states in the nation to do business in for aquaculture!!!
Posted By: Brettski Re: Local PondMeister = Celebrity - 01/28/11 01:53 AM
Originally Posted By: Cecil Baird1
BTW Cody took that picture at his pond. That bluegill is out of his pond, and I found it floating when I took a walk around his pond. The article wanted a picture, and that's the only once I could find where I actually smiled. Thanks Bill!

Crimoney! Cody's floaters would be prizes in most other ponds.
Posted By: Bluegillerkiller Re: Local PondMeister = Celebrity - 01/28/11 01:57 AM
I passed Jimmy Houston on I44 in Missouri the other day. Supposedly he picked up a new reel sponsor thats out of St. louis..
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Local PondMeister = Celebrity - 01/28/11 02:39 AM
Originally Posted By: findfoolfight
DANG CECIL!! for somebody that graduated in 75 you still look like a kid!! Sadly I aint never got no riteup in the paper but I did have lunch with Bobby Bowden one time.

If it makes you feel any better I started 1st grade at age 4 so I wasn't that old when I graduated in 75'. wink
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Local PondMeister = Celebrity - 01/28/11 02:40 AM
Originally Posted By: Rainman
Great news Cecil....Keep Indiana as one of the best states in the nation to do business in for aquaculture!!!

You have a point. Our state and DNR is very friendly towards aquaculture. Some of our neighbors' DNRs consider any form of agriculture as the enemy. It doesn't have to be that way.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Local PondMeister = Celebrity - 01/28/11 02:42 AM
Originally Posted By: Sue Cruz
Cecil, you've always been a celebrity in my book!

I wish but thanks for the kind words Sue.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Local PondMeister = Celebrity - 01/28/11 02:43 AM
Originally Posted By: Dave Willis
Nice, Cecil. See you at NCRAC next month? smile

No, someone will be there but I'm not sure who at this point. I'm sure you heard Bob Lyons passed away?
Posted By: Dave Willis Re: Local PondMeister = Celebrity - 01/28/11 03:27 AM
No, sure didn't hear that.
Posted By: esshup Re: Local PondMeister = Celebrity - 01/28/11 05:00 PM
Cecil, you can run but you can't hide. grin I was suprised when I opened up the paper last week. "Hey, I know that guy!"
Posted By: CJBS2003 Re: Local PondMeister = Celebrity - 01/29/11 12:18 AM
Very cool Cecil... Congrats!
Posted By: the stick Re: Local PondMeister = Celebrity - 01/29/11 01:05 AM
Cecil, What is your fiction novel going to be about?
Posted By: JKB Re: Local PondMeister = Celebrity - 01/29/11 01:12 AM
Originally Posted By: the stick

I was wondering the same thing.
Posted By: findfoolfight Re: Local PondMeister = Celebrity - 01/29/11 02:15 AM
Hey Cecil Heres a "novel" idea......once upon a blog..there was this kid....called himself ANIMAL.....WANTED TO KEEP SOME BASS FISH BUT NOT IN A POND AND NOT IN AN AQUARIUM OR A FRIG you could let your imagination go wild from there.....?? Well maybe not a novel but a heck of short story!
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Local PondMeister = Celebrity - 01/29/11 02:17 AM
I'll post the first paragraph and last two paragraphs of the first chapter and you guys see if you can figure out what kind of novel it is and what it's about. grin

Nic Farrah glided along almost effortlessly in his canoe in the early morning hours of the third week of September on the northern Maine mountain pond. He took in the brilliant autumn foliage that decorated the steep hillsides, and the call of the loons that were chastising him for invading their territory. Up here in the mountains a family of loons took ownership of each individual pond. Loons are a primitive bird that can't move well on land, but easily compensate for that with their expert aquatic skills diving and chasing fish. An interesting checkerboard plumage pattern on their backs adds a fitting elegance, and their haunting cries are nothing short of enthralling, if not enticingly spooky. Just a little unnerving is the first time these intelligent piercing red eyes check you out as this waterfowl pops up near your canoe. But the birds seemed more than just annoyed by his presence, and in fact seemed distraught. At least if not by him, by something.

Last two paragraphs of the first chapter:

The first thing he noticed was the massive conifer had been freshly snapped off. A picture came into focus of many trees pushed over and broken like mere toothpicks, in what appeared to be a twisted turning path carved out by something skidding through the woods down to the water's edge. It reminded him of a path a tornado had made through stand of woods he had once seen in Iowa. The musty smell of fresh turned forest floor exposed to the open air was pungent.

The destruction terminated into an elliptical metallic disc sitting on the shoreline, and the light show, now up close, was a glowing pulsating series of colors that came in and out of phase with the disc embedded inside them. Oddly the disc didn't appear damaged in any way considering it had apparently bulldozed and snapped dozens of trees. There were no markings or openings of any kind on the disk. Nic didn't know what to make of it. Surely nothing he had ever seen in the northern Maine woods or perhaps anyone else. Nic pulled his digital camera out from his vest. Suddenly he heard something directly behind him.

Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Local PondMeister = Celebrity - 01/29/11 02:48 AM
Hey Cecil Heres a "novel" idea......once upon a blog..there was this kid....called himself ANIMAL.....WANTED TO KEEP SOME BASS FISH BUT NOT IN A POND AND NOT IN AN AQUARIUM OR A FRIG you could let your imagination go wild from there.....?? Well maybe not a novel but a heck of short story!

Naah sounds boring to me. Sounds too much like my real life. grin
Posted By: findfoolfight Re: Local PondMeister = Celebrity - 01/29/11 03:26 AM
WAR OF THE WORLDS?...maybe some kind of twist on GULLIVERS TRAVELS where the disc represents mankinds struggle to take dominion over every living thing on earth....or maybe the sound he hears behind him is some sort of interplanetary Yetti that just wants to be friends and share the secrets of time travel??? I dunno?
Posted By: DJT Re: Local PondMeister = Celebrity - 01/29/11 04:19 AM
Who would of thought the word "pond" would appear in the first sentence of Cecil's novel?
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Local PondMeister = Celebrity - 01/29/11 02:15 PM
Originally Posted By: DJT
Who would of thought the word "pond" would appear in the first sentence of Cecil's novel?

grin

What's interesting about Maine and New England in general is how large a body of water they call a "pond." E.g., Walden pond at 61 acres and 102 feet deep is Walden "pond."
Posted By: sprkplug Re: Local PondMeister = Celebrity - 01/29/11 02:44 PM
Hmmm, Sounds like a cross between " The Tommyknockers", and the supposed UFO crash at Kecksburg, PA.

"Nothing to see here folks, The planet Venus emitted some swamp gas which was ignited by ball lightning. Move along. Oh, and I'm gonna' need everyone to keep quiet about this, top secret weather balloon stuff you know, Nothing unusual, Hey you! Put down that camera!!!"

Sounds like a good read to me....
Posted By: esshup Re: Local PondMeister = Celebrity - 01/29/11 03:19 PM
Originally Posted By: the stick

How to get rich stuffing fish for a living.
Posted By: findfoolfight Re: Local PondMeister = Celebrity - 01/29/11 03:25 PM
I guess I missed the part about this novel being a comedy!
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Local PondMeister = Celebrity - 01/30/11 01:18 AM
Originally Posted By: esshup

How to get rich stuffing fish for a living.

I guess I missed the part about this novel being a comedy!

Actually getting rich stuffing fish is the comedy!
Posted By: Bluegillerkiller Re: Local PondMeister = Celebrity - 01/30/11 01:52 AM
Documentary on Nic Farrah and the First time he took halucinogenic Drugs..
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Local PondMeister = Celebrity - 01/30/11 08:38 PM
No co-authors here. grin
© Pond Boss Forum