Pond Boss
Posted By: jsand13 Trespassers!!! - 05/03/10 04:26 AM
So I have noticed that my fish really have been off the feed at one of my feeders the past few days. Yesterday I stayed at the pond till 5:00 pm right before I left I moved the john boat over to the pump house so I could charge the batterys on it. Well where it was sitting had some clean soft clay. Well when I got there this morning I noticed a foot print in the clay and it wasn't from any of my shoes. I have had the trail cameras out around the pond for the past week and ride by there several times a day to check on things. I cant wait till there luck runs out and I drive by when they are there. Im gonna make the biggest example of them that anyone has ever seen. Ive already talked to a couple of cop buddies and they said if I can just catch them then they will see to it they will get atleast a $600.00 fine. It pisses me off when you work so hard to have something and some A@#$#%$ thinks that I did it so he could enjoy it. I guess im gonna have to make a few extra trips a day until I catch them.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Trespassers!!! - 05/03/10 04:37 AM
Js -

That sucks - I'm sorry to hear about it. Just remember to keep your cool....it's easy NOT to, and you'd be justified in doing just about anything you wanted to - more reason to collect yourself and not create some new human structure for your fish.

If you can spot them before they spot you that would be the time to speed dial your buddies and let them do the intimidating. Never know what a dumbarse will do when he's surprised and caught...be careful, let the pros do the hog-tying.
Posted By: james holt Re: Trespassers!!! - 05/03/10 11:58 AM
i hope you catch them
Posted By: CJBS2003 Re: Trespassers!!! - 05/03/10 12:21 PM
I agree with TJ... Let your cop buddies do the confronting if you can. I hope GA has good trespass laws. Some state's laws are pathetic when it comes to trespassing.
Posted By: jsand13 Re: Trespassers!!! - 05/03/10 01:49 PM
I talked to one of my cop buddies and he called the DNR for me and is going to have them patrol and keep a look out.
Posted By: rcn11thacr Re: Trespassers!!! - 05/03/10 02:55 PM
Good idea. Never know what people are capable of these days. You might catch them smoking or snorting then they think they have to shoot you to save themselves. Be careful.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Trespassers!!! - 05/03/10 03:11 PM
Key is to go to your pond at "off" times from your normal visiting times.

Or, set up a "hide" which is what I like to do.
Posted By: jsand13 Re: Trespassers!!! - 05/03/10 06:24 PM
I already drive by several times a day as it is. I went and signed a landowner affidavit this morning which gives the DNR the right to prosecute if they catch anyone and I wont have to be involved in it. They will have to go before the judge which happens to be one of my customers. I dont think its gonna be real good when she see's who's land it was. The DNR said they would patrol it daily and my cop friends are gonna patrol it also. So between them any me we should have things covered.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Trespassers!!! - 05/03/10 06:48 PM
I would like a video of Sunil crashing through the underbrush from his hiding spot. Are you wiedling any weapon? Paint a picture for us!
Posted By: JKB Re: Trespassers!!! - 05/03/10 08:18 PM
"I would like a video of Sunil crashing through the underbrush from his hiding spot. Are you wiedling any weapon? Paint a picture for us!"

That would probably be the highest rated video on YouTube laugh
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Trespassers!!! - 05/03/10 08:25 PM
He's probably wielding an empty Heineken bottle. Of course if it still had any left in it and he used it as a weapon, that would constitute alcohol abuse. grin
Posted By: rmedgar Re: Trespassers!!! - 05/03/10 08:56 PM
jsand, the trap is set and the hook is baited. It's about to get real goood.
Nail those losers!!!
Posted By: jsand13 Re: Trespassers!!! - 05/03/10 10:10 PM
Yeah I hope so. I really would love to see them catch someone.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Trespassers!!! - 05/03/10 11:59 PM
Word travels fast amongst trespassers when they get nabbed...others think twice about suffering the same fate.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Trespassers!!! - 05/04/10 07:17 PM
Well TJ, any mental imagery of me emerging from my hide will have a time consideration on it.

If it's early in the day, I might still be all pissed off and the scene could be more hairy.

Later in the day, I might have just been drinking beers by myself, and consequently might be looking for some company.

In either case, I'd most likely have an HK USP .40 or .45 in one hand and a beer in the other.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Trespassers!!! - 05/04/10 07:35 PM
grin
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Trespassers!!! - 05/05/10 02:06 AM
As many here may recall, I've had my share of problems and fun with trespassers. On Sunday night, before my trip into Ye Olde Folks Home in The City, I went down to the pond and caught three more trout to enjoy for dinner during the week.

As many may also recall, I examine the stomachs of nearly every fish I keep. I found this inside the middle trout shown in the picture above:

Not my rubber worm! The hook in the worm wasn't a hook type I use. The barb was not crushed either. The knot in the line to the hook was not one of my knots. Nobody has fished our pond, with our permission or knowledge, with anything but our rods, lures, bait and lines for over a year.

One last point -- I gave permission to the WVDNR to patrol our ponds. They asked that I put a red dot, at least 1/2-inch in diameter, on all my No Trespassing signs. Wardens immediately know they can come onto my property when they see the solid red circle. They know I've signed a release. They can arrest anyone who does not have written permission from us.

So far, nothing. Just lost fish, dead fish, foot prints, and a stolen game camera.

Ken

Posted By: Sunil Re: Trespassers!!! - 05/05/10 02:34 AM
Brutality.
© Pond Boss Forum