Pond Boss
Posted By: adirondack pond Discussion - 01/04/10 12:21 AM
SO much for serious discussion.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Discussion - 01/04/10 12:24 AM
I've been involved with the Global Warming discussion before myself. I'm a moderator and I still got my thread frozen and deleted. This comes from Bob Lusk himself. NO DISCUSSION of volaitile political, religious or racial topics period. IT ALWAYS goes down the wrong road. I've got very strong, and well thought out arguments in regards to this issue. Unfortunately this isn't an effective place to have these discussions without hard feelings and anger boiling to the surface.

Sorry, but you can blame me.
Posted By: ewest Re: Discussion - 01/04/10 12:25 AM
AP by now you know that topic is not allowed here.

Like Bruce I have an opinion based on a geology/earth science background and years of addressing the topic through work with experts. I don't post it here. I have yet to find a person with a middle ground approach to this topic. It always gets nasty. \:\(
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Discussion - 01/04/10 12:41 AM
AP,

I hope you know I was us kidding around on that other thread.

But Bruce and Eric are right. This topic, just like politics and religion, can make the best of friends very angry.

I do have a political site I can refer you to where you can have at it. I go there all the time and the gloves are pretty much off. This just isn't the site for it.

I really value your posts here and would hope you don't ever go away mad. Discussing this topic could do it.
Posted By: Brettski Re: Discussion - 01/04/10 12:49 AM
poor snowmen...
Posted By: Ric Swaim Re: Discussion - 01/04/10 03:43 AM
 Quote:
poor snowmen...

Why do you say that Brettsky? Because they have no hair?????
Are you putting down bald people???
Posted By: esshup Re: Discussion - 01/04/10 03:55 AM
I didn't post the pic to get anyone in trouble, really!!!!

I just saw an ad on TV today from the World Wildlife Fund that really got me going. That could be just as deadly a topic as G W.

I'm not saying anything else on that matter either.
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Discussion - 01/04/10 04:16 PM
 Originally Posted By: Bruce Condello
I've got very strong, and well thought out arguments in regards to this issue.

I've got weak arguments that contain little to no thought behind them and yet I still get moderated.

Sorry, but you can blame me.

Oh I blame you alright.

I blame you that my bluegill are not as large as yours.

I blame you that you can out fish me 7 to 1 on any given day.

I blame you that you have perfect teeth and boyish good looks.

I blame you that I didn't get the trash out this morning before the trash truck came (I had to blame somebody and since you're accepting blame, well you see where I'm going with this).

I blame you because Dentists get to use nitrous oxide on their clients and CPAs do not.

As far as the thread goes well we all know the rules. Politics, religion and heretical blaspheme towards the almighty Green Sunfish are simply not allowed on this forum.
Posted By: Brettski Re: Discussion - 01/04/10 04:35 PM
 Originally Posted By: Ric Swaim
 Quote:
poor snowmen...

Heavens no, Ric. There are many famous and important folks that are follically challenged. Hmmm...let's list a few
(c'mon peep's....help me out here)
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Discussion - 01/04/10 04:40 PM
Yoda?
Posted By: Sunil Re: Discussion - 01/04/10 04:44 PM
Uncle Fester?
Posted By: Bing Re: Discussion - 01/04/10 05:09 PM
 Originally Posted By: jeffhasapond
I've got very strong, and well thought out arguments in regards to this issue.

As far as the thread goes well we all know the rules. Politics, religion and heretical blaspheme towards the almighty Green Sunfish are simply not allowed on this forum.

Two out of three ain't bad.

Bing
Posted By: burgermeister Re: Discussion - 01/04/10 05:21 PM
Yul Brynner
Posted By: Sunil Re: Discussion - 01/04/10 05:54 PM
Genral Patton?
Posted By: Yolk Sac Re: Discussion - 01/04/10 06:06 PM
 Originally Posted By: brettski
poor snowmen...

Originally Posted By: Ric Swaim

I wish it were so innocent!

Well, there it is, right under the moderators collective nose:

I took this to be an insensative jab at short white deaf mute hypothermic bradykinetic phocomeliac individuals, and I am DANGED upset that somebody, especially Theo, couldn't see right through Brettski's post. I mean, what do we have moderators for, if not to moderate?

Posted By: Yolk Sac Re: Discussion - 01/04/10 06:09 PM
 Originally Posted By: JHAP
...and heretical blaspheme towards the almighty Green Sunfish are simply not allowed on this forum.

...so much for this year's New Year's Resolution.
Posted By: dave in el dorado ca Re: Discussion - 01/05/10 12:34 AM
..........I blame you because Dentists get to use nitrous oxide on their clients and CPAs do not.......

\:D \:D \:D

come to think of it,i myself could use a big hit of nitrous on march 3rd (my tax appt. day)
Posted By: Sunil Re: Discussion - 01/05/10 12:57 AM
Unfortunately, DIED, nitrous just doesn't last long enough.
Posted By: Dwight Re: Discussion - 01/05/10 01:17 AM
A relatively simple approach to dealing with political issues is to discuss them with yourself. I have never lost an argument with myself, though I did prove myself wrong one time, many years ago. \:\)
Posted By: Sunil Re: Discussion - 01/05/10 01:19 AM
I agree, Dwight, but you need to have multiple personalities.
Posted By: Dwight Re: Discussion - 01/05/10 01:25 AM
Yes, then you would never have to talk to anyone else about anything. Good thinking!
Posted By: Sunil Re: Discussion - 01/05/10 01:26 AM
It helps on long drives.
Posted By: Dwight Re: Discussion - 01/05/10 01:35 AM
Or flights when you are squished between er, ahh, two perspiring large individuals.
Posted By: Brettski Re: Discussion - 01/05/10 02:24 AM
 Originally Posted By: Sunil

Oh great...nice work, Sunil. I s'pose we can expect another cat to suddenly sprout from Dwight. I hope he has one more IP addy.
Posted By: ewest Re: Discussion - 01/05/10 02:28 AM
There are lots of "multiple personalities" here.
Posted By: Sock Puppet Re: Discussion - 01/05/10 02:29 AM
Says you.
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Discussion - 01/05/10 02:42 AM
 Originally Posted By: Brettski

Heavens no, Ric. There are many famous and important folks that are follically challenged. Hmmm...let's list a few
(c'mon peep's....help me out here)

All you guys need to know is that God created just a few perfect heads. He put hair on the rest of them!
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Discussion - 01/05/10 02:53 AM
 Originally Posted By: Sunil

Geez, what are you doing??? Baiting Mick and the rest of JHAP stable of personalities to enter into the fray on this topic??? Don't we get enough food for thought from him alone without inviting the rest of the "gang"??? \:D \:D \:D
Posted By: Ric Swaim Re: Discussion - 01/05/10 02:57 AM
Me! I'll have you know my face is recognized everywhere I go!

Course everwhere I go they have mirrors.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Discussion - 01/05/10 02:59 AM
No more cats, please.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Discussion - 01/05/10 03:03 AM
Who needs moderators here when all you have to do is wait a few posts, and the thread gets so hijacked it not even close to the offending topic?

Posted By: Brettski Re: Discussion - 01/05/10 03:37 AM
dump the moderators and hire in the hijackers
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Discussion - 01/05/10 04:12 AM

Yeah! \:\/

I know of a website where there is virtually no moderation. It's a lot of fun if you like the wild wild west complete with death threats. \:o
Posted By: JKB Re: Discussion - 01/05/10 04:19 AM
I was trying to find an ARMY of Carrots to protest, looks like they all ended up in soup. Hey, gotta have a job!
Posted By: JKB Re: Discussion - 01/05/10 04:47 AM

Hijackers would quickly run roughshod over this place in a heartbeat. Next thing you know, the sarsaparilla would be a flowing, and the rubber band guns would be a shootin. Not to mention a few wet towel snaps, even though you are not wet, and those darn little paper footballs. I just want to see the medical reports for the last person who launched a wet one at me.

With stealth, and we all contribute, we can defeat the Moderators(((Loud Reverberating Thunderous Sound))), on second thought, Debauchery might not be the best solution.

Catch any fish lately!
Posted By: Barnes1 Re: Discussion - 01/05/10 05:16 AM
 Originally Posted By: ewest
There are lots of "multiple personalities" here.

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
Posted By: ewest Re: Discussion - 01/05/10 03:33 PM
Well a few of the MP's have checked in - now where are all the tin-foil hats ? \:D --
Posted By: mortimer Re: Discussion - 01/05/10 03:57 PM
i forgot ta mention, after i recovered that blow to me head from some idiot spewing green sunny fish love talk, i finally got those dern things outta my puddle.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Discussion - 01/05/10 04:06 PM
I know we're all joking around, but in reference to the site I was speaking of it's another industry I am involved with. It's absolutely appalling what went on there when the owner and mods looked the other way. One of the mods was even part of the bad behavior.

When people accuse you of being a registered sex offender on the Internet for no reason other than meanness, (yes it happened to me), or in the case of another poster someone threatened to come to his house and shoot him, it's time to find another website. The final straw for me was I had posts removed from the fish category and placed in the political category for no reason.

I've been told the open forum where politics and things unrelated to taxidermy has been moved to a members only section now. Pretty sad when that was the owner's response to the garbage that went on, and made the industry look bad as a whole to the general public. It would have been so much better to nip the bad things said in the bud early on.

Trust me good moderation and preventing threads from getting out of hand in the first place is the best thing one can do on a website! I've been guilty of being a little ornery but I think I've wised up in my old age. (for the most part)

I've now involved in another website for that industry, which I partially funded and I'm a moderator. It's such breath of fresh air vs. the other site.
Posted By: burgermeister Re: Discussion - 01/05/10 05:40 PM
the thing that drives me crazy on some sites is when the topic just skews off out into left field.
I know of a fish forum where even some of the moderators are in on the action.
And the levity; it's just uncalled for. I mean, we're trying to talk some serious sh....stuff and somebody wants to practive their standup routine.
Posted By: Brettski Re: Discussion - 01/05/10 05:49 PM
two bluegills walk into a bar...
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Discussion - 01/05/10 06:57 PM
...then the bartender says to the horse, "Why the long face?"
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Discussion - 01/05/10 07:19 PM
Bluegills and horses can't be in the bar at the same time. It's just common sense. \:\/
Posted By: burgermeister Re: Discussion - 01/05/10 07:30 PM
quit horsin' around.

http://www.pondboss.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=003735;p=1#000012
Posted By: ewest Re: Discussion - 01/05/10 07:53 PM
...then the bartender (a real mule) says to the horse, "Why the long face?"

The horse says to the bartender - who do you think you are - Mr. Ed ...
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Discussion - 01/05/10 09:42 PM
A priest, a rabbi, and a dwarf walk into a bar in the company of a donkey, rabbit, and a peacock. The bartender looks up and says "What is this, some kind of joke?" \:D
Posted By: Yolk Sac Re: Discussion - 01/05/10 11:28 PM
 Originally Posted By: mortimer
i forgot ta mention, after i recovered that blow to me head from some idiot spewing green sunny fish love talk, i finally got those dern things outta my puddle.

Good job.

Now, how are you going to get rid of the pirates?
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Discussion - 01/05/10 11:29 PM
Yolkie lurks on the forum about 12 hours each day just waiting to talk smack about green sunfish.

I'm sorry, but this is a very sad commentary about his existence. \:\(
Posted By: Yolk Sac Re: Discussion - 01/05/10 11:34 PM
Yolkie lurks on the forum about 12 hours each day just waiting to talk smack about green sunfish.

I resent that remark, especially coming from a moderator. I lurk around here waiting to talk smack about green sunfish for at least 16 hours each day, and to have my efforts underestimated and underappreciated to such an extent really hurts.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Discussion - 01/05/10 11:36 PM
Green sunfish are absolutely, undeniably, without question, the best, coolest, awesomest fish in the entire known galaxy. And I mean that with all due insincerity.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Discussion - 01/05/10 11:44 PM
Green sunfish are absolutely, undeniably, without question, the best, coolest, awesomest fish in the entire known galaxy. And I mean that with all due insincerity.

AND they taste just like BG!
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Discussion - 01/05/10 11:45 PM
You're exactly right. Green sunfish taste just like bluegill would if you added some sand and parasites.
Posted By: ewest Re: Discussion - 01/06/10 01:18 AM
....and a lot of muck smell and musty taste !!!
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Discussion - 01/06/10 01:28 AM
This has nothing to do with bluegills, green sunfish, horses, and whatever this thread was originally about which I honestly can't remember but here goes:

Bruce, Theo, and Eric were shipwrecked and hanging on for dear life on some wreckage. Theo notices a bottle with something in it floating towards them and reaches out and grabs it. When he opens it a genie pops out and thanks him for freeing him, and says he can grant them three wishes.

Theo says he wants to be back in Ohio and poof he is gone! Eric says he wants to be back home in Mississippi. Poof he's gone too! Finally it's Bruce's turn and he looks around and hesitates. Finally he says, "It's lonely out here so I want those two guys back"...
Posted By: ewest Re: Discussion - 01/06/10 01:34 AM
That would be an unallowable breach of the first 2 wishes. The genie would simply clone Bruce and send him to both Ohio and MS.
The problem would occur when Theo and I sent both Bruce's home - utter chaos.
Posted By: Brettski Re: Discussion - 01/06/10 02:03 AM
2 Bruces walk into a bar...
Posted By: Ric Swaim Re: Discussion - 01/06/10 03:06 AM
And the bartender is???

a snowman

poor snowman.
Posted By: Brettski Re: Discussion - 01/06/10 03:33 AM

Posted By: Yolk Sac Re: Discussion - 01/06/10 03:50 AM
Absolutely classic.

I bow to the master, Brettski, with thanks for the laugh.
Posted By: burgermeister Re: Discussion - 01/06/10 03:57 AM

Is JHAP in his 2010 ghilly suit or sock puppet? \:o
Posted By: ewest Re: Discussion - 01/06/10 03:15 PM
I think he is just melting away. Poor snowman.
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Discussion - 01/06/10 03:59 PM
Many years ago we received a party invitation. The outside of the card said:

"Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All."

Threads like this always remind me of that card.
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Discussion - 01/06/10 04:33 PM
Jeez I'm away at a client's site for a day (and again today) and the site goes crazy. Moderators dissing GSF? Yolk defending his zealot-like hatred of GSF. And a cartoon representation of myself performing a lewd act?

This is outrageous. I demand a retraction. I demand public apologies.

I have never performed an outrageous act such as the one portrayed in the cartoon. I would have never participated in such behavior. I can't believe that the moderators would let such an attack on my integrity go unmoderated.

Besides if I were to perform an act to represent my feelings toward haters of GSF I would have been facing away from them and bent at the waist. And I'll have you know my coat is green.
Posted By: Ric Swaim Re: Discussion - 01/06/10 06:36 PM
That'll teach me to drink a glass of wine in the middle of the day. Now I got a mess to clean up.
Posted By: Brettski Re: Discussion - 01/06/10 07:00 PM
\:D ;\)
Posted By: ewest Re: Discussion - 01/07/10 02:47 AM
JHAP if you melt we will refreeze you but you might loose your hair.
Posted By: Rainman Re: Discussion - 01/07/10 04:46 AM
Besides if I were to perform an act to represent my feelings toward haters of GSF I would have been facing away from them and bent at the waist. And I'll have you know my coat is green.

Jeff, are you SURE you want to do that??????? The coat must be lime green!

\:D \:D \:D
Posted By: ewest Re: Discussion - 01/07/10 03:02 PM
Greensunfish green !!!! \:o -- \:D
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Discussion - 01/07/10 06:04 PM
 Originally Posted By: ewest
JHAP if you melt we will refreeze you but you might loose your hair.

Sadly I doubt I would notice.
Posted By: ewest Re: Discussion - 01/07/10 06:55 PM
\:\)

Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Discussion - 01/07/10 07:11 PM
See the special on FOX tonight, "When Good Moderators Go Bad," following the BCS Championship Game. \:\/
Posted By: Yolk Sac Re: Discussion - 01/07/10 08:19 PM
Pond Boss forums....Clean, Fair and Balanced

...and to bring this thread back to where it started, it is what it is because of the great people who hang out here, and the zero tolerance policy towards topics or content that could offend.
Posted By: esshup Re: Discussion - 01/07/10 09:39 PM
 Originally Posted By: Yolk Sac
...and to bring this thread back to where it started, it is what it is because of the great people who hang out here, and the zero tolerance policy towards topics or content that could offend.

Yes.
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Discussion - 01/07/10 09:52 PM
Pond Boss forums....Clean, Fair and Balanced. \:\)

Well, fair and balanced anyway, er . . . um, fair, uh, wait a minute . . . oh forget it! \:D
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Discussion - 01/07/10 09:58 PM
I'm just about to moderate myself! Has that ever happened?

"I'm warning me....I'm warning me! Slowly back away from the thread!". \:D \:D \:D
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Discussion - 01/07/10 09:58 PM
Bruce Condello has just been moderated. Your thread is about to be locked. Let's talk about something else.

How about ponds?
Posted By: ewest Re: Discussion - 01/07/10 09:59 PM
Have had complaints about this discussion. As a result I am removing my part except the pic of Doc the mule. Do as you wish with yours.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Discussion - 01/07/10 10:13 PM
OK, I think I deleted my naughty posts.
Posted By: burgermeister Re: Discussion - 01/07/10 10:41 PM
a bartender walks into this barn..........
Posted By: mortimer Re: Discussion - 01/08/10 12:35 AM
y'all are kooky
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Discussion - 01/08/10 12:37 AM
 Originally Posted By: Theo Gallus
See the special on FOX tonight, "When Good Moderators Go Bad," following the BCS Championship Game. \:\/

I'm disappointed in you Theo. You watch the FAUX network ?
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Discussion - 01/08/10 12:39 AM
Does that mean I need to delete the FAUX news thing? \:\(
Posted By: burgermeister Re: Discussion - 01/08/10 01:24 AM
The game is on NBC, and no I dont watch it. I am listening on FOX radio. \:D
Posted By: Ric Swaim Re: Discussion - 01/08/10 02:06 AM
Yolk doesn't think JHAP is Foxy.
Posted By: Brettski Re: Discussion - 01/08/10 02:16 AM
How much wine is in that bottle?
Posted By: Brettski Re: Discussion - 01/08/10 02:20 AM
 Originally Posted By: mortimer
y'all are kooky

The National Weather Service would disagree.
It is a known fact the the NWS uses cabin fever posting activity on the Pond Boss forum as an integral factor in winter weather forecasting.
Posted By: ewest Re: Discussion - 01/08/10 04:15 AM
And the amount of wine left in the mostly empty bottle.
Posted By: esshup Re: Discussion - 01/08/10 04:21 AM
Well, in keeping with the current subject of this thread, (cabin fever) boredon turned up this:

New Girl Band??
Posted By: Brettski Re: Discussion - 01/08/10 11:27 AM
Beyonce had a great video...
Posted By: Ric Swaim Re: Discussion - 01/08/10 11:45 PM
I pulled the sink out of the bottle & poured it down the cork.
Posted By: burgermeister Re: Discussion - 01/09/10 02:17 AM
a bartender walks into this barn............
Posted By: ewest Re: Discussion - 01/09/10 02:26 AM
... and starts singing " Yo-ho , Yo-ho a pirates life for me."
© Pond Boss Forum