Pond Boss
Posted By: jeffhasapond The 5K Club - 11/11/09 02:33 PM

And so here it is, my 5,000th post. Jeez what a journey. I never imagined when I joined three years ago that this would become an obsession. It was not even on the radar that I would travel across the US to meet with fellow pond meisters and talk about one thing we all love, and all share in common, our ponds.

And if you would have told me three years ago that I would have met some folks that would become my closest friends I probably wouldn't have believed it.

I want to take a moment of seriousness to say thank you. Thank you one and all for putting up with my goofiness and thread hijacks and yes, as it has been pointed out to me lately, thread killing participation in this forum.

This forum has been a huge part of helping me through some very difficult times over the past three years and once again that was something I never expected when I joined Pond Boss. I have probably been too much of an open book over the past years having exposed all of you to the tragedies that have befallen my family but I cannot begin to express the comfort that you have provided me during these events. And I sincerely thank you for that.

The friendships forged here mean a great deal to me. It would be remiss of me to trying and name all of the people that have touched our lives. I know that I would leave someone out and I don't want to risk that. Hopefully through written and spoken word or time spent together you all know who you are.

I don't have a lot to offer this forum in the way of knowledge or experience, so my tactic has been humor, or at least attempts there of, and welcoming of new members. I realize that at times I get in the way of, and even derail a discussion and for that I apologize. I have tried to cut back on that some lately as I don't want to become a nuisance on the forum. If I do post something in a thread that you want removed don't hesitate to PM me and I'll delete it, I certainly don't want to become a liability to this forum.

Anyhoo, thanks you all for letting me play in this collective sandbox. Being a member of this family means more to me that you will ever know.
Posted By: Dwight Re: The 5K Club - 11/11/09 03:00 PM
JHAP - Thread killing is an art form, be proud, young man. \:\)
Posted By: george1 Re: The 5K Club - 11/11/09 03:02 PM
Jeff, it would have been dull with outcha ...
All of this technical stuff gets boring sometimes and your humor is refreshing and apprecaited.
I can't name all my friends on the forum less I miss some names, but your name is on top of my list.
Posted By: Rainman Re: The 5K Club - 11/11/09 03:27 PM
 Originally Posted By: jeffhasapond

...... thanks you all for letting me play in this collective sandbox. Being a member of this family means more to me that you will ever know.

I think more than a few of us here know what this forum means to you and the kinship it fosters.

How many people would have the guts to stand up in front of 200+ people and yell out while saluting, "All hail the Green Sunfish"? Sunil's one word answer should appear shortly....

Congrats on post number 5000! Let's see, it was about 500 welcome posts, 20 serious posts, 2 amazing rebukes, 4 legitimate questions, 6 GOOD answers, and the rest were some of the funniest stuff I've ever read. Feel free to Hyjack my threads anytime!

On a serious note, you probably owe the forum readers about 10,000 keyboards!
Posted By: Sunil Re: The 5K Club - 11/11/09 03:33 PM
Way to go, Freak!
Posted By: catmandoo Re: The 5K Club - 11/11/09 03:41 PM
Congratulations Jeff! I think you and I joined about the same time. I guess I'm a real slacker, or . . .

How many keyboards have you worn out?

Anybody who doesn't enjoy your posts and your humor needs to go to the forum at curmudgeon.com

Keep up the great work.

Ken
Posted By: Omaha Re: The 5K Club - 11/11/09 03:41 PM
Congrats at the milestone JHAP!
Posted By: CJBS2003 Re: The 5K Club - 11/11/09 03:45 PM
JHAP, congrats on hitting 5000! Your humor is much appreciated...
Posted By: rmedgar Re: The 5K Club - 11/11/09 04:18 PM
Congrats big guy. You are definitely one of the reasons that this forum is so successful and enjoyable. \:\) \:\)
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: The 5K Club - 11/11/09 04:29 PM
jeff who? :P \:D
Posted By: burgermeister Re: The 5K Club - 11/11/09 04:36 PM
Looking forward to another 5K wicha. It has been great fun. I take back most of what I've said about you.(for today only).
Posted By: TOM G Re: The 5K Club - 11/11/09 04:47 PM
I dont take back the bomb I put under your chair,not that anyone can prove I had anything to do with it in the first place.
Posted By: esshup Re: The 5K Club - 11/11/09 05:28 PM
Congrats JAHP. You gotta get your butt in gear. CJ is set to pass you in 4 months if you continue to slack off!
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: The 5K Club - 11/11/09 06:04 PM
There's a guy named JHAP on this forum?
Posted By: Brettski Re: The 5K Club - 11/11/09 06:46 PM
Yeah...and word is he likes to slack off
Posted By: ewest Re: The 5K Club - 11/11/09 07:21 PM
JHAP you are a friend to many of us here because of who you are - rather than who you’re not. \:\) Trying to be something your not is change we can live without. \:D If all we had was a bunch of guys posting study results it would be awful boring and we would have about 25 forum members. \:\( Life is much more than that and should be lived to the fullest by sharing who we are with friends.

I do have a suggestion. Why don't you take charge (that's scary thought)of improving the PB funnies thread. If you can captain the PB Big Cedar barge you can handle the funnies. There is a lot that needs to be done to improve it including finding some old and adding some newer material with context. I thought B'ski was going to do that but he decided it would be easier to build a house. ;\) So we have a need and an opening. I will help with the mechanics. Of course this would be in addition to your normal posting. After all Theo is way out in front and CJ was catching up quickly.
Posted By: rmedgar Re: The 5K Club - 11/11/09 08:24 PM
Didn't JHAP pitch for the Phillies?
Posted By: dave in el dorado ca Re: The 5K Club - 11/11/09 08:27 PM

And so here it is, my 5,000th post. ........

show off......

Originally Posted By: rmedgar

DWIED and I picked up on that one......JA Happ...
Posted By: Cary Martin Re: The 5K Club - 11/11/09 08:45 PM
I miss seeing JHAP on JHMC. "Jeff Has a Muscle Car" Now it's JHAP and not Pond, but Jeff has a Prius...sell out!!!
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: The 5K Club - 11/11/09 09:04 PM

Career record of 55-106

Lifetime ERA of 7.12
Posted By: burgermeister Re: The 5K Club - 11/11/09 09:19 PM
Let's nominate and vote for arbitor of all things funny.
I nominate JHAP, assuming he lost the re-election as 'Godfather' of the GSA.
Posted By: dave in el dorado ca Re: The 5K Club - 11/11/09 10:01 PM
 Originally Posted By: Bruce Condello

Career record of 55-106

Lifetime ERA of 7.12

ooh, ouch \:D
Posted By: Omaha Re: The 5K Club - 11/11/09 10:04 PM
 Originally Posted By: dave in el dorado ca

Career record of 55-106

Lifetime ERA of 7.12

ooh, ouch \:D

He was actually pretty good this year. But I know you're making fun of JHAP so I'll stop there...
Posted By: heybud Re: The 5K Club - 11/11/09 11:21 PM
Jeffie, Life on PB wouldn't be the same without you. Hope you have another 5 grand.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: The 5K Club - 11/11/09 11:34 PM

Career record of 55-106

Lifetime ERA of 7.12

He could have starred for the Senators.
Posted By: burgermeister Re: The 5K Club - 11/12/09 12:52 AM
OK, back on topic. Is there a 2nd to the nomination, or should I just appoint him?
Posted By: ewest Re: The 5K Club - 11/12/09 01:24 AM
Yes on both - if he will accept.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: The 5K Club - 11/12/09 02:13 AM
 Originally Posted By: Theo Gallus

Career record of 55-106

Lifetime ERA of 7.12

Actually he was originally drafted by the Senators...then traded for a washer/dryer unit.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: The 5K Club - 11/12/09 02:27 AM
 Originally Posted By: Theo Gallus

Career record of 55-106

Lifetime ERA of 7.12

Actually he was originally drafted by the Senators...then traded for a washer/dryer unit.

And a carton of dirt clods
Posted By: Yolk Sac Re: The 5K Club - 11/12/09 02:34 AM
Although I understand the excitement and bonhomie generated by JHAP's 5K post, I think the moderators should reign in their excessive enthusiasm for a moment to stop and consider their proposals carefully. Do you really want JHAP to have access to the inner workings of this forum? Sure, he'd do a great job with the funnies, but pretty soon, he'd wend his way into the other topics as well. I can forsee....

"Questions and Observations about Green Sunfish"

"Creating the Food Chain Preferred by Green Sunfish"

"Types of Fish to Choose That Won't Irritate Green Sunfish"

"Product Sources Endorsed By The GSA"

.....well, you get the idea.

Oh and by the way, congrats on the 5K, JHAP!!
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: The 5K Club - 11/12/09 02:36 AM
 Originally Posted By: Yolk Sac
Although I understand the excitement and bonhomie generated by JHAP's 5K post, I think the moderators should reign in their excessive enthusiasm for a moment to stop and consider their proposals carefully. Do you really want JHAP to have access to the inner workings of this forum? Sure, he'd do a great job with the funnies, but pretty soon, he'd wend his way into the other topics as well. I can forsee....

.....well, you get the idea.

Oh and by the way, congrats on the 5K, JHAP!!

Good point Yolk....and oh yeah, congrats JHAP - I think you were one of the first guys to respond to one of my posts...and kept me coming back - which might be more of an indictment than compliment!
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: The 5K Club - 11/12/09 02:48 PM
Wow, thank you all for the responses. As long as Brettski has no objections I would be honored to accept the position (or is it assume the position) of Humor Czar, this is based upon the proviso that I would be paid at least 13/18ths the salary of a moderator and have access to the corporate Gulfstream.

Oh and Ken, I've actually worn out 2 keyboards in the past 3 years (that's actually true), well factually I wore out one, and killed another and so now have a new one which so far is behaving and therefore is not likely to meet the fate of the one that I killed. Once a keyboard starts getting uppity on me, well then off to keyboard heaven it goes.
Posted By: Brettski Re: The 5K Club - 11/12/09 02:51 PM
I third, fourth, and fifth (hic!) the nomination!!!
Goof On!
Posted By: ewest Re: The 5K Club - 11/12/09 02:51 PM
Hey Yolk you asked - "Do you really want JHAP to have access to the inner workings of this forum?" . ;\)

I was very careful not to offer the magic button. Only Bob can give that away. Plus keep in mind that the mods routinely moderate each other so there is no free pass here. \:o On the negative side you note that JHAP might start these topics:

"Product Sources Endorsed By The GSA" ,

I think he may have already done some of them and can do so without the magic button. At least if he works on the funnies his “good” post count will go up.
Posted By: Brettski Re: The 5K Club - 11/12/09 02:56 PM
this is based upon the proviso that I would be paid at least 13/18ths the salary of a moderator and have access to the corporate Gulfstream.

You're on, dude. Say "hey" to Ande.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
--
-

Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: The 5K Club - 11/12/09 03:00 PM
 Originally Posted By: ewest
At least if he works on the funnies his “good” post count will go up.

I believe an OH SNAP!!! is in order.

Hmmm GREAT topic suggestions Yolk, I thank you for providing me with ideas for the subject of up coming threads.

Originally Posted By: ewest
Plus keep in mind that the mods routinely moderate each other so there is no free pass here.

Moderators moderating moderators? That sounds akin to cannibalism. Who moderates the moderator's moderator?
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: The 5K Club - 11/12/09 03:01 PM
Dang Brettski, that's not exactly the Gulf Stream I had in mind. Can I at least use the corporate Schwinn on occasion?
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: The 5K Club - 11/12/09 03:19 PM
 Originally Posted By: george1
I can't name all my friends on the forum less I miss some names, but your name is on top of my list.

Thank you sir, that is quite an honor.

Originally Posted By: Dwight
JHAP - Thread killing is an art form, be proud, young man. \:\)

I may have to write a new song, "I'm not just a player (pronounced playa) I'm a thread slayer (pronounced slaya)."

Originally Posted By: Cary Martin
I miss seeing JHAP on JHMC. "Jeff Has a Muscle Car" Now it's JHAP and not Pond, but Jeff has a Prius...sell out!!!

Actually the Prius is Ricki's, I drive a manly V8 Toyota 4RNR. I do miss my muscle cars. Someday, I'll have another...
Posted By: TOM G Re: The 5K Club - 11/12/09 10:03 PM
The Pruis is a muscle car,you just need to add wide tires and air shocks in the back....really tall air shocks.
© Pond Boss Forum