Pond Boss
Posted By: george1 Stan - 10/06/09 12:14 PM
We spent a long and tiring day at the hospital yesterday awaiting the outcome of son Stan’s surgery, described by the surgeon as a two-hour procedure that lasted 6 hours with little communication as to obvious complications.

We are furious at the hospital even though the surgeon insisted he reported several times to the staff as to progress.
Turned out he ran into unexpected problems from a previous surgery that had to be corrected and all turned out well.

We are bushed this morning but headed back to hospital in a few minutes.
To say the least I’m not a happy camper with the doc or hospital but the most important result is Stan came through the ordeal with flying colors.
Posted By: Bing Re: Stan - 10/06/09 12:34 PM
George, Connie and my thoughts and prayers are with you, your son, and your entire family.

Bing
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Stan - 10/06/09 12:37 PM
+1
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Stan - 10/06/09 01:18 PM
Glad to hear he's well, George. I don't know if you've previously posted about your son or not, but if so, I've not seen the thread. I hope that he recovers well.
Posted By: ewest Re: Stan - 10/06/09 01:46 PM
George keeping you guys in our thoughts. Keep us updated.
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Stan - 10/06/09 02:03 PM
Best wishes and prayers from California.
Posted By: esshup Re: Stan - 10/06/09 02:50 PM
 Originally Posted By: Bing
George, Connie and my thoughts and prayers are with you, your son, and your entire family.

Bing

Ditto.
Posted By: Brettski Re: Stan - 10/06/09 03:08 PM
OK, so the communication line broke down. Yeah, fear and frustration can take years off one's life in this situation. The bottom line is all good news. This is all that really counts in the end.
I am sorry for your bumpy ride, but rejoice in the outcome.
Posted By: Rainman Re: Stan - 10/06/09 04:32 PM
 Originally Posted By: Brettski
OK, so the communication line broke down. Yeah, fear and frustration can take years off one's life in this situation. The bottom line is all good news. This is all that really counts in the end.
I am sorry for your bumpy ride, but rejoice in the outcome.

Amen to the good outcome!

Prayers said for a speedy recovery for Stan!
Posted By: Sunil Re: Stan - 10/06/09 06:00 PM
Good news.

Was Stan at PB II?

If so, I think I met him, or one of your sons at any rate.
Posted By: Dave Willis Re: Stan - 10/06/09 06:22 PM
Will concentrate on the good news, George!!
Posted By: adirondack pond Re: Stan - 10/06/09 09:03 PM
Glad your son's doing well George, best wishes.
Posted By: george1 Re: Stan - 10/06/09 09:23 PM
Thanks for all the support my friends.
We just returned from the hospital and Stan is doing well considering the slicing and splicing he endured. Pain persists but well controlled.
They have had him up for a hall walk a couple of times.

Don’t know how long he will be hospitalized but expect recovery will be longer than he expects – say he’s bored!
Some of you may have met Stan at previous PB conferences and knows he doesn’t sit around waiting for things to happen – he make things happen - as many of you do.
Dave Davidson is a fairly close neighbor and we will tie him to the bed if necessary.
Thanks to all.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Stan - 10/06/09 09:29 PM
"...- he make things happen -..."

Learned that from the old man, no doubt.
Posted By: george1 Re: Stan - 10/09/09 02:25 PM
Good news, Stan was released from hospital last evening, after plumbing began to work, leaving 18 inches of his “innards” behind!
He is on a liquid and soft food diet and cannot lift anything or drive for two weeks.
Says he’s feeding well with pain medication this morning, after a shower and good night sleep.

Dave and I may have to put him under house arrest – he already has a conference call set up for 10:00am.
Fortunately he can run his business from home – modern miracle of digital technology.

Thanks for everyone’s support.
Posted By: esshup Re: Stan - 10/09/09 02:30 PM
George, that's great news!
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Stan - 10/09/09 03:13 PM
Yepper!
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Stan - 10/09/09 03:16 PM
Great news George, thank you for sharing that.
© Pond Boss Forum