Pond Boss
Posted By: Tan Lilly the Bimbo - 10/03/09 03:32 PM
One of my outside cat bimbos (Lilly) had a late litter of 4 kittens. Lilly is a Crack addict and a lousy mother. The kittens are too small to survive winter without a little human intervention. One kitten already went stiff so now there are three.

The Man bored a hole in a tote that only the kittens can fit through. He puts kitten chow and water in there for them and that is also where they sleep all rolled up in a ball.

I will try to get a photo some time.

Posted By: Sunil Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 10/03/09 03:37 PM
Is cabin fever setting in this early in the year?
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 10/03/09 04:02 PM
 Originally Posted By: Sunil
Is cabin fever setting in this early in the year?

In Minnesota it comes early!
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 10/03/09 04:43 PM
Ahh, someone with excess kittens.

WALMART BINGO!
Posted By: TOM G Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 10/03/09 05:20 PM
Thanks Tan,now I need another keyboard. \:D \:D
Posted By: ewest Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 10/04/09 01:11 AM
Tan you need to help man look after those babies.
Posted By: Tan Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 10/04/09 02:19 AM
under the lid

Posted By: catmandoo Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 10/04/09 12:27 PM
Do I sense more than just a little adoptive paternal pride?
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 10/04/09 01:20 PM
Who's the baby daddy?
Posted By: Ted Lea FOREVERGREEN Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 10/04/09 02:07 PM
I cant wait for Sue to see this litter !!Names will be on the way (trust me)
Posted By: Sunil Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 10/04/09 02:43 PM
Sue told me she has like 15 non-human organisms living at her house.
Posted By: Sue Cruz Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 10/05/09 12:16 PM
Yea, if I lived closer to Tan it would be more like 18! Those kittens are so cute!!! Tan, keep the pictures coming!
Posted By: Tan Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 10/05/09 02:32 PM
Please post a photo of all your house mates.
Posted By: Sue Cruz Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 10/05/09 03:50 PM
Well, here is a combo of some pictures I have here at work (the turtle tank, Boo, Smittens, Shadow, Poppycock and Chi Chi the ferret)
[img][/img]
and here is my little FiFi in the dog food bowl (ferrets are a lot of fun)
[img][/img]
Here is the puppy Lilly and ZZ the ferret
[img][/img]
Not shown are 2 freshwater tanks and a 55 gallon salt water tank, our corn snake, bearded dragon, love bird and crazy quaker parrot who flys freely in the house and loves my daughter and I but hates my husband and son. Every day is an adventure - it is so cool to see the way different animals interact with each other! ZZ, the dark ferret has a thing with squeeky toys and will attack anyone who is behind the squeeking - the puppy's favorite toy is a sqeeky hotdog. Boo, the black cat came to us after we already had Shadow the dog but before Lilly so he thinks of himself as one of the black dogs. I'd like to blame my daughter for the cornicopia of critters, but I think she came by her love of animals honestly. ;\)
Posted By: Omaha Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 10/05/09 06:02 PM
Did you turn the mother into Kitty Protective Services?
Posted By: Tan Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 10/07/09 02:46 AM
Sue,

I know diversity, but it is too much for me to handle. Felines are about all I can manage along with my main job as Business Cat.

These 3 now think the own the Man:

Count the eyes of the other babies:

These observers are a couple months older:

This guy thinks he has something going on. I admit he does have the “look”:

Posted By: esshup Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 10/07/09 04:18 PM
Tan: Do I see eyes of 9 in that group shot?
Posted By: Tan Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 10/07/09 10:58 PM
Yes, 9.
Posted By: esshup Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 10/08/09 01:18 AM
So many mouths to feed, so few mice. Maybe Lilly can start fishing for dinner? ;\)
Posted By: Tan Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 10/08/09 01:52 PM
 Quote:
So many mouths to feed, so few mice. Maybe Lilly can start fishing for dinner

Hey, don't even think it! Fishing is my domain and my domain only (feline-wise). The Man or the Lady feed them everyday so no worries....
Posted By: Tan Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 10/27/09 02:36 AM
The Man found 2 more of Lilly the crackhos babies. They were almost stiff, but they are hunting in the tube now. \:\)

Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 10/27/09 10:53 AM
At some point you might want to consider getting most of them neutered. Some vets will give you a group rate. I love cats as pets but one day soon you will be over run and you could end up with a disease outbreak that will kill many of them.

Posted By: Anna Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 10/27/09 03:40 PM
+1

I just finished trapping and spaying three cats and I had to capture a litter of feral kittens. I went from one cat to eight in 6 months! No more Crack Ho's at my house! Those loose women have been fixed!
Posted By: Mongo Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 10/29/09 07:00 PM
Hey Tan,

Thanks for sharing your adventure & pictures of the "kids". I'm sure you are a big help to the Man when it comes to taking care of these cuties.
Are you teaching them to be cool like you??
Keep posting pictures of toys & furniture. Helps me alot. Have a roll of chickenwire but ,duh, never thought to use as budget friendly entertainment center. Thanks, Tan!

I really wanted to go to Big Cedar to meet your Man & his Lady. Would have been a highlight for sure.....maybe next year.

How is Buck?

Looking forward to your next post,
Mrs. Mongo
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 11/01/09 02:04 PM
 Originally Posted By: Anna
+1

I just finished trapping and spaying three cats and I had to capture a litter of feral kittens. I went from one cat to eight in 6 months! No more Crack Ho's at my house! Those loose women have been fixed!

When I lived at home years ago my niece donated two cute kitties to our barn. We welcomed them as they were great at reducing the mouse population in the barn. But they reproduced and soon we had over 20 cats running around killing everything in sight, yanking baby birds out of their nests right outside the window while my parents watched in horror drinking their morning coffee, the quail we just planted etc. etc. And the wailing of a cat in heat at three in the morning was annoying too.

I love cats as much as anyone but one has to manage their numbers just like the fish in our ponds. It's hard on them too if there are to many, and I know a farm that lost every last one of them to a disease outbreak.
Posted By: Tan Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 11/11/09 01:55 AM
The Man isn’t very popular with Lilly the crackhos bambinos. It was their first time in a pet taxi, their first time in a Denali, their first time at the Vet, and their first time to have shots. It was pretty much the worst possible scenario for the 5 bambinos.

Eventually, they will understand that the Man is good. They could all end up stiff without him.
Posted By: Tan Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 01/09/10 02:43 AM
This is an update on the Bimbo's bambinos. The Man has more patience than I. This is beyond an unruly crew! \:\(

Group photo

Beef

Zeke

Sue

Kay

May

Posted By: catmandoo Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 01/09/10 02:58 AM
Yup! Definitely adoptive papa pride.
Posted By: ewest Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 01/09/10 03:25 AM
Beef looks angry.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 01/09/10 03:34 AM
One of my wife's teaching colleagues has a dog and a ferret at home. The dog and ferret love to play. The teacher has been keeping the ferret in the cage as she has some kind of pipe drain in the bathroom she is afraid the ferret my get trapped in. She just move recently. Turns out the dog has figured out how to open the cage latch so they can play.
Posted By: Omaha Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 01/09/10 04:22 AM
 Originally Posted By: ewest
Beef looks angry.

You think so? If it's anger, it's a very relaxed rage for sure. The claws are most definitely out, but the eyes are saying something entirely different.

Beef

Posted By: Anna Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 01/11/10 12:44 PM
Except for Beef they all have your eyes Tan. Is there something you are not telling us?
Posted By: esshup Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 01/11/10 03:51 PM
But George, do you know who did?
Posted By: george1 Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 01/11/10 03:57 PM
Scott, I self moderated my post for fear of wrath from PETA and all our PB cat lovers .....
Posted By: Tan Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 01/11/10 05:00 PM
 Quote:
Except for Beef they all have your eyes Tan. Is there something you are not telling us?

Before the Procedure I did have several relationships. Yes, I am embarrassed to say, even a one night stand with Lilly the Bimbo.
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 01/11/10 09:02 PM
Hence the term "catting around."
Posted By: ewest Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 01/12/10 01:23 AM
I think his eyes say " if I could just reach 2 more inches I would show you what claws are for" . \:o
Posted By: 2catmom Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 01/12/10 11:12 AM
Those kittens are soooooooooo cute. I wish I could have more, but 2 is my limit. I can't keep Sampson in food, at 21 lbs, he never saw a food he didn't like, and Delilah, well, she would be lost without me, she is on a 10 second dwell. Methinks she might have been a barn cat crack baby. These two replaced my delightful 18 year old Romeo, I couldn't go without a cat for more than 2 weeks. When I got them, we didn't turn on the TV for 6 months, just watched the kitties.
What is up with Lilly? Has she no morals? Perhaps some sweet talking fat cat drug dealer came by, and the rest, well you know, was history. Bad girl.
Posted By: Tan Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 01/19/10 02:18 AM
Beef has a new home with a great family! From the looks of the claws in the couch there is a trip to the manicurist on the agenda. He looks happy for only being there for a couple hours.

Posted By: 2catmom Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 01/19/10 01:04 PM
Pretty cats. I just checked out some video of a Serval cat, now that is a wild cat, I could not handle a cat like that.
Posted By: Sue Cruz Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 01/19/10 04:19 PM
Beef looks very content - he is a very handsome cat! Are they going to re-name him??
Posted By: Tan Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 01/19/10 07:56 PM
 Quote:
Beef looks very content - he is a very handsome cat! Are they going to re-name him??

Collin named him Thomas.
Posted By: the stick Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 01/20/10 01:54 AM
As in "Thomas the Train" on the PBS?
Posted By: ewest Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 01/20/10 02:16 AM
No - just what we need a Mr.T cat !!!!
Posted By: Tan Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 01/21/10 10:49 PM
Buds \:\)

Posted By: Sunil Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 01/21/10 11:17 PM
Please get this young man a dog.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 01/22/10 01:31 AM
Dogs are loyal subjects.

Cats are training for roommates.
Posted By: Tan Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 01/22/10 01:56 AM
 Quote:

Collin has a Saint Bernard and other animals so leave him alone small fathead Volvo driver man.
Collin likes all animals just like the Man!
Posted By: esshup Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 01/22/10 02:04 AM
Tan, it looks like you are going to grow up to be a big kittie!
Posted By: ewest Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 01/22/10 02:24 AM
 Originally Posted By: Tan
 Quote:

Collin has a Saint Bernard and other animals so leave him alone small fathead Volvo driver man.
Collin likes all animals just like the Man!

Just like a cat to make loud aggressive noises. \:D
Posted By: TOM G Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 01/22/10 12:55 PM
I wonder how many websites have cats making posts on them.PB is definately making history.On the other hand,its sad that a cat has better computer skills than I do.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 01/22/10 01:04 PM
Tan is really getting bitter in his old age.
Posted By: Sue Cruz Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 01/22/10 02:15 PM
Wow!!!! Those are some cute pictures of Thomas (and the boy)!! They look soooooooo happy!! Sunil, you need a cat!
Posted By: Ted Lea FOREVERGREEN Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 01/22/10 04:03 PM
Sue, get back to work !!
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 01/22/10 04:24 PM
Tan goes hunting...

"Watching Animal Planet has really improved my hunting skills. I shall lie here in the grass as the stupid and unsuspecting herd animal approaches. "

"And with the grace and strength of a leopard I shall pounce upon the back of this mighty game animal, constrict his wind pipe and bring it crashing to the ground."

"Starting at the hind quarters I shall feast upon this tasty beast for many days, allowing none of the domesticated and lazy cats near my kill."

"Jeez thing thing is really chewy and not nearly as tasty as I had imagined."

"Forget it, I'm all played out. Stop licking me you stupid prey animal, it's hard to maintain any sense of dignity with you licking me. I wonder if Dwight has any catnip."

Posted By: Sunil Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 01/22/10 07:52 PM
Sue, I did have a cat (or my wife did, I should say) that lived with us for about 10 years during which time I developed asthma and had to take Allegra twice a day.

Basically, the cat and I had only one thing in common which I'll have to tell you about the next time I see you.

After the cat passed on, no asthma and no Allegra.
Posted By: Sue Cruz Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 01/22/10 08:05 PM
Tan, the mighty hunter!!
Sunil, I can empathize! I am allergic too. I wonder what you two had in common... cat nip?
Posted By: Brettski Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 01/22/10 08:05 PM
 Originally Posted By: Sunil
Basically, the cat and I had only one thing in common which I'll have to tell you about the next time I see you.

the sand box?
Posted By: burgermeister Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 01/22/10 08:14 PM
JHAP.... \:D \:D \:D
Posted By: ewest Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 01/22/10 10:51 PM
B'ski that is a good one. \:D

I thought for sure you were going to say "they both make yowling noises late at night!" \:o -- ;\)

Posted By: Dwight Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 01/22/10 11:06 PM
 Quote:
I did have a cat (or my wife did, I should say) that lived with us for about 10 years during which time I developed asthma and had to take Allegra twice a day.

So you were cat whipped then?
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 01/23/10 01:03 AM
R'reeeer!
Posted By: Tan Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 03/14/10 03:22 AM
All of Lilly the Bimbos 5 that The Man saved have new homes, except Zeke.

Zeke, like Buck and me (the elite ones) gets to stay here on Bremer Pond.

Zeke will be moving into the house with Buck who is getting old and needs some assistance at times. (you did not hear that from me!)

I will, of course, remain Business Cat and protector of The Man.

This is Zeke

Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 03/14/10 01:14 PM
Zeke looks amazingly like our newest barn cat, Tofu.

Does he enjoy a nice manure pile sauna on cold sunny days?
Posted By: ewest Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 03/14/10 01:30 PM
Zeke is the crazy one. Good thing he is going to the house or man would never get any productive work done. It takes an intelligent cat to be a business cat not some wild eyed youngster. You think Buck will put him in his place rather quickly ?
Posted By: gallop Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 03/14/10 01:53 PM
Tan,
Have you discovered Twitter yet? I hear there are some freaks, ummmmm people, who only twitter what there cats are doing all day long! Imagine your fame and fortune sending out tweets to thousands of followers each day!

And now I will go on with the rest of my day pretending I did not just reply to a cat.
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 03/14/10 03:35 PM
 Originally Posted By: gallop
And now I will go on with the rest of my day pretending I did not just reply to a cat.

\:D \:D \:D \:D
Posted By: Tan Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 03/17/10 12:51 AM
 Quote:
Theo said - Zeke looks amazingly like our newest barn cat, Tofu. Does he enjoy a nice manure pile sauna on cold sunny days?

Theo, I always wondered about you. Now that you have come clean( ) about sitting on a manure pile on a cold sunny day there is no more wondering.
Posted By: Tan Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 03/17/10 12:57 AM
 Quote:
Zeke is the crazy one. Good thing he is going to the house or man would never get any productive work done. It takes an intelligent cat to be a business cat not some wild eyed youngster. You think Buck will put him in his place rather quickly ?

Buck knocked my head straight when I first arrived. I figure Zeke will be scared poopless for a day or two and then Buck and Zeke will team up to irritate The Lady, no end.
Posted By: Tan Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 03/17/10 01:14 AM
 Quote:
gallop said - Tan, Have you discovered Twitter yet? I hear there are some freaks, ummmmm people, who only twitter what there cats are doing all day long! Imagine your fame and fortune sending out tweets to thousands of followers each day!

gallop, I don't have time for any of that social twit/face stuff. I got a business to run here.

I am a good friend. I listen to you and respect you; unlike the ones that drove you to talking to me in the first place.
Posted By: Pottsy Re: Lilly the Bimbo - 03/17/10 02:10 AM
I gotta go back on the wagon.
© Pond Boss Forum